Johnny Manziel

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":1muq45at said:
MizzouHawkGal":1muq45at said:
SeatownJay":1muq45at said:
Watch Dallas trade up to draft him. It would create the kind of media circus that Jerry just loves.
It'd be perfect! I just don't see him being anything better than average in the NFL. He really should have stayed in school he's too immature and his mechanics are flawed. Either way someone is going to overdraft him big time probably Cleveland. If Houston takes a quarterback it will be Bortles because Manziel isn't what their coach wants as a quarterback he likes the classic dropback types with size.
Zactly! Bortles over Manzie.
I have to ask is your Avatar J-bone from the Mariners? Loved him.:)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3620e3iv said:
Hawkinaz":3620e3iv said:
I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole, teams already know how to shut him down. LSU provided the blueprint for that, a controlled pass rush and make him throw from the pocket
I admit I don't like him but that's the "book" on Wilson how's that working out? I just believe Manziel will be drafted into a situation where his flaws will kill his career (maturity and low arm release). If he could sit a year or better 2 to fix his arm slot to high and grow up he might outdo Wilson, well probably not but he'd be close.

He's too much like Brett Favre to Wilson's Montana/Tarkenton without the size or maturity for my taste.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Hawkinaz":1l2ls35s said:
I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole, teams already know how to shut him down. LSU provided the blueprint for that, a controlled pass rush and make him throw from the pocket

Play him after a week of no practice and a bad thumb. Sounds like the perfect blue print.

Subzero717

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":ac50e04z said:
MizzouHawkGal":ac50e04z said:
Hawkinaz":ac50e04z said:
I admit I don't like him but that's the "book" on Wilson how's that working out? I just believe Manziel will be drafted into a situation where his flaws will kill his career (maturity and low arm release). If he could sit a year or better 2 to fix his arm slot to high and grow up he might outdo Wilson, well probably not but he'd be close.

He's too much like Brett Favre to Wilson's Montana/Tarkenton without the size or maturity for my taste.

He is 21.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":27c7mlst said:
MizzouHawkGal":27c7mlst said:
MizzouHawkGal":27c7mlst said:
Hawkinaz":27c7mlst said:

He is 21.
I know. I really think he should have stayed in school another year I think his decision will hurt him unless he gets in the perfect environment. I am not trusting something like Cleveland or even Dallas to be it.