Jon Ryan has been released

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Knowing our luck, Dickson gets a season ending injury next game and Ryan already signs with someone like the Bills. Cue some scrub playing.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1w1rf8w1 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/mdcksn/status/1031606704792686592[/tweet]

Looks like his successor is just as classy.

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000949604/article/seahawks-cut-punter-jon-ryan-after-10-seasons[/urltargetblank]

According to this, it says he requested his release, so I would assume he read the writing on the wall and wants to have time to find his new home. If he waited until cuts, it would be more difficult to find a team wanting to change punters so close to the regular season.

As was posted above, the Bills seem like a good candidate for his services, and may well be the reason he chose now to request his release.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Cyrus12":tbjb944m said:
A great Canadian right there unlike many of the other celebrities we have sent south. He will find a job. Ryan was a big key to our success over the years and I am glad he got a ring to remember his time here. Good luck on your next team!

Canada has sent many a solid Canadian celebrity down south over the years. Leslie Nielson, Michael J Fox, Alex Trebek, John Candy, Eugene Levy, Wayne Gretzky. I always say, Canada is a great place to be from.

Anyway, Ryan adds to a list of great Canadians to have plied their trade in the US and he will always be a Seahawk no matter where he ends up.

Mad respect and thanks for the memories.

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
As excited as I am about his replacement... this makes me sad.

So long to another cog in our SB team. He is loved and respected, and he will be missed.

AMereMuse

Reaction score
I love the Ginga Ninja! It's always bitter-sweet losing long-tenured players, but I'll forever remember that TD pass in the NFC championship game. Thanks, Jon.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
It was a classy move to release him this early in preseason so that he has a chance to catch on somewhere else. Jon Ryan is a great guy and a hell of a punter, but Dickson looks to be a generational talent at the position with the potential to change the way the position is played for generations to come.

D

DomeHawk

:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

Such a classy farewell tweet.

The people of Seattle will always remember Jon Ryan.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1hhlalkr said:
Cyrus12":1hhlalkr said:
A great Canadian right there unlike many of the other celebrities we have sent south. He will find a job. Ryan was a big key to our success over the years and I am glad he got a ring to remember his time here. Good luck on your next team!

Canada has sent many a solid Canadian celebrity down south over the years. Leslie Nielson, Michael J Fox, Alex Trebek, John Candy, Eugene Levy, Wayne Gretzky. I always say, Canada is a great place to be from.

Anyway, Ryan adds to a list of great Canadians to have plied their trade in the US and he will always be a Seahawk no matter where he ends up.

Mad respect and thanks for the memories.

True but I always think Nickleback and Beiber...

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
So long, brother. You were solid as a rock. Come back down and raise the 12 flag a time or two. That would be nice.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I know we all love our Beastquake, but IMO this just might be the greatest run in Hawk's history.

The sheer terror, the sheer joy, the way Ryan ran like he was stealing a loaf of bread running from the cops only to fumble and get destroyed............it's a piece of art that belongs in the Smithsonian.

I love you Jon Ryan, god speed.

ryan.0.gif

iigakusei

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ibreb5tr said:
I know we all love our Beastquake, but IMO this just might be the greatest run in Hawk's history.

The sheer terror, the sheer joy, the way Ryan ran like he was stealing a loaf of bread running from the cops only to fumble and get destroyed............it's a piece of art that belongs in the Smithsonian.

ryan.0.gif
Oh my god I can't believe I had forgotten this play. Thank you for this. An absolute classic.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ccianzn said:

ryan.0.gif

That play went from absolute excitement and awesomeness to total terror in the blink of an eye.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":pth4rryr said:

ryan.0.gif

Thank you for rendering me helpless on the floor with laughter. I needed that. Golly, how I will miss Jon.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3b3w48q1 said:
Sgt. Largent":3b3w48q1 said:

ryan.0.gif

Thank you for rendering me helpless on the floor with laughter. I needed that. Golly, how I will miss Jon.

Ur welcome.

All we need is a member smarter than us with more time on their hands to put this amazing gif to some Yakety Sax, and I can die a content man.