Josh Gordon apparently prefers weed over millions of dollars

Marvin49

Reaction score
...and here I was wondering if the Niners got Chudzinski if they might make a play for Gordon.

Guess not.

I'm sorry...but what an idiot. I know alcohol isn't illegal, but if you know its going to cost you your career, you have to be a special kind of stupid to risk that.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
You have to be above the DUI limit (.06) for it to count as a failed test .. and yeah I agree that its weak sauce that if he were pounding some beers at his place and minding his own business .. but at the same point, if you had a job that was about to pay you millions of dollars and they told you

-- You cant smoke weed

-- You cant drink more than 1 or 2 a night..

Willing to bet.. you wouldn't be smoking weed and getting hammered.

So no sympathy from me. Kid has had numerous chances. It's his own fault.. Roger Goodell isn't stuffing a beer bong down his throat with some PBR's or something.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":3bso11ys said:
People have different levels of tolerance when it comes to various temptations and we all learn different manners of similar skills in coping with those temptations. Maybe he's stupid but stupidity describes a flaw in such a non-specific way. He's a man who is perpetually unprepared and it doesn't appear Cleveland's organization has contributed anything positive in assisting him in this regard. He's bearing the brunt of mistakes that are not just his own.

Well, if he had a DUI then I can understand the alcohol intolerance. What I can't understand is how these 'mistakes' are not just his own, but are somehow the fault of his employer. One is responsible for their own actions, and trying to lay the blame for your failings on somebody else not 'contributing something positive' is just the lamest thing ever.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I don't get why a stage 3 offender of the NFL substance abuse program should be tested for alcohol. Even with the DWI/DUI it shouldn't matter. So the dude isn't supposed to have a beer or three because during his off season they can test him? These arbitrary rules are getting really ridiculous.

Edited for language, thought this was in the Shack :oops:

Latest posts