Judging on how we played today, do we win on Thursday?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
TwistedHusky":2f6hrlms said:
I do think that if we end up losing along the way and give up the lead to the 49ers we won't catch them again. They are playing better football than us almost across the board. So hopefully we can keep winning and keep the lead we have until we have to go there and fight them off.

I disagree with this. The 49ers are a team with good RBs and a solid front seven, but they have problems all over the field, and honestly, their QB hasn't looked right since he picked the Packers apart.

The only problem is that they have an easier schedule.

C-Dub

Reaction score
The 9ers are one of the scariest teams in the NFL. Probably 3rd best after the Broncos and us. After that it's a big drop off IMO.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
kearly":6z3j5n3c said:
It will be a tough game, especially if Bevell continues to kill us with empty backfield plays in blitz situations. I was surprised to see Tennessee shy away from blitzing today. Arizona won't.

We are a much better team with much better talent on offense. Should win. Doesn't mean we will. Thanks NFL for giving us another Thursday night road game in the division. That was awesome of you.

They gave one to the niners and they went out and dominated.

Lets not create a built in excuse to lose.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TJH":1ka5uoq1 said:
Probably, but Arizona is a lot better than people think.
And so were the Titans.
Depends on which team gets sloppy, and stays that way.
Hopefully, Pete chews on some ass in both coaching and players.
I think we win, but there's a lot of messy shit that needs to be cleaned up in the next couple of days.
Curious though, will Haushka (sp.) have to wear makeup to cover up a black eye? :16:

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
C-Dub":mx3df96p said:
The 9ers are one of the scariest teams in the NFL. Probably 3rd best after the Broncos and us. After that it's a big drop off IMO.

Honestly, I think the Saints are a better team. Don't mistake my criticism as a way of saying they aren't good. They are. They definitely aren't that scary, though. Maybe my perspective is affected by how Seattle always plays them really tough.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3gczmfr2 said:
Carson Palmer does play Quarterback for the Cardinals...

Yes, and Russell Wilson plays for the Seahawks, so what's your point?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2vpks6de said:
TJH":2vpks6de said:
Probably, but Arizona is a lot better than people think.
And so were the Titans.
Depends on which team gets sloppy, and stays that way.
Hopefully, Pete chews on some ass in both coaching and players.
I think we win, but there's a lot of messy shit that needs to be cleaned up in the next couple of days.
Curious though, will Haushka (sp.) have to wear makeup to cover up a black eye? :16:

Speaking of special teams, I'm wondering what's up with the breakdowns.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":p4sy4b1h said:
Not sure.

Right now our offense is pretty average, maybe a bit above but not much.

Our defense is not exactly stifling either.

I do think that if we end up losing along the way and give up the lead to the 49ers we won't catch them again. They are playing better football than us almost across the board. So hopefully we can keep winning and keep the lead we have until we have to go there and fight them off.

If we lose to the Cardinals I suspect we will just have to reassess the team and our own expectations. I can tell you that I won't exactly be shocked if we lose and I don't think you would have heard that from me at the beginning of the season.

We clearly are not as good of a team this year as we were at the end of last year. Whether because of injuries or something else, this is a good team but not a dominant team and CERTAINLY not a team firing on all cylinders.

Totally disagree. The defense has been very good and the offense is doing enough to win, just stalling at times. The Niners? Screw them, they are last year's news. Sure... they are good, but they still cant stop the pass and have been very fortunate to have played some very gracious interception machines.

They are a game back after the Hawks have played one less home game and they are hoping that something derails the Hawks. If the Hawks aren't playing on all cylinders, what do you think is going to happen when they are?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2e6hoo9o said:
If Seattle loses, it's because of the Thursday start and not because they're playing poorly. Since you know, they aren't.
There were some freaky plays, but I LOVED that game. The Titans aren't going home thinking they lost, they actually had a chance to win. But they are going home knowing they got their asses kicked. They lost the streetfight.

Brahn

Reaction score
Did you know science has proven that Russel Wilson is actually six foot eleven on Thursday night games?

Polaris

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":11v0hmjw said:
TwistedHusky":11v0hmjw said:
Not sure.

Right now our offense is pretty average, maybe a bit above but not much.

Our defense is not exactly stifling either.

If we lose to the Cardinals I suspect we will just have to reassess the team and our own expectations. I can tell you that I won't exactly be shocked if we lose and I don't think you would have heard that from me at the beginning of the season.

We clearly are not as good of a team this year as we were at the end of last year. Whether because of injuries or something else, this is a good team but not a dominant team and CERTAINLY not a team firing on all cylinders.

Totally disagree. The defense has been very good and the offense is doing enough to win, just stalling at times. The Niners? Screw them, they are last year's news. Sure... they are good, but they still cant stop the pass and have been very fortunate to have played some very gracious interception machines.

They are a game back after the Hawks have played one less home game and they are hoping that something derails the Hawks. If the Hawks aren't playing on all cylinders, what do you think is going to happen when they are?

I thought the Niners played one more home game than we have.

Let's see..... Greenbay, Colts, Arizona (today), and Texans IIRC were all played at home for the Niners. They've only had two road games (us and the Rams).

That tells me that the Niners have a harder road ahead of them than we do.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The early Fearless Prediction line is in: Seahawks falling short on Thursday. I have every right to change my mind between now and Wednesday when I officially offer up my prediction but right now, I think this is our second loss of the year.

Polaris

Reaction score
Aros":2u52wzlb said:
The early Fearless Prediction line is in: Seahawks falling short on Thursday. I have every right to change my mind between now and Wednesday when I officially offer up my prediction but right now, I think this is our second loss of the year.

:lol: I seem to remember that you thought I was being a touch too concerned about playing the Cards on the road on Thursday! I think Seattle will find a way to pull it out, but a loss in this spot wouldn't shock me.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
We do have a tough time at Arizona but I think we'll pull out the victory, especially if Fitzgerald and Campbell are out.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Yes. We win if we play clean. Palmer is a statue and just MAYBE we get Harvin back? And Wilson is no rookie this time.:)

Time to steal another soul it seems.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
We still have Wilson that boy wins games by himself, no worries. The hatred/envy of him outside Seattle is delicious trust me. So similar to Montana that I never stress anymore.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Our chances went up today.

The Cardinals are a lot better than many here want to give them credit for (remember all the 40-3 talk before last season's opener?), but their 3-4 defense is hugely reliant on having Calais Campbell and Darnell Dockett anchoring their front seven. I don't know anything about Campbell's potential replacement, Ronald Talley, other than that he is a UDFA who has bounced around practice squads. I do know that they may be asking him to fill some of the biggest shoes in the NFL, we could really use an easier matchup for Bowie, and Russell Wilson looks pretty comfortable rolling out to his right. We will probably also get Miller back, and I suspect we will see a heavy dose of Lynch running between RT and TE.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Polaris":3d5uxlar said:
Aros":3d5uxlar said:

:lol: I seem to remember that you thought I was being a touch too concerned about playing the Cards on the road on Thursday! I think Seattle will find a way to pull it out, but a loss in this spot wouldn't shock me.
Yeah, but a loss to the bummer Cards, wouldn't exactly give me the warm fuzzies either.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
If we have 5 fumbles like we did today than and the offense can't get into the endzone, no, we won't win.