Judging on how we played today, do we win on Thursday?

djb28

Reaction score
Arizona always has found a way to clean our clock in the past. I am worried about this one. They play us tough no matter what their record.

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
Im going to the game, as I did last year. I have about the same feeling about this game right now as I did at about half time of last years game is AZ. I feel like, flip a coin for your outcome. I think with RW at Qb, we will always be in a game we have a chance to win. But with the Oline in shambles, our margin of error is just so small that it will take a lot of things falling the right way to come out on top here. Are we the better team? Sure we are. And they know it too. But anyone that watches football without the rose colored glasses are fooling themselves when they think the better team always wins. The team that plays the best, usually wins, and every game this year, we've played terribly, ugly, awesome, exciting, great and horrible. And the Cards always play us tough here in AZ, always. Knowing RW has determination (scary though sometimes) to run for some yards and keep the D backed off helps. I think its a major boost for all of our guys when they see him leave it all on the field, on every play. But we are good enough to come in here and lay 28 points in the first half, and just bad enough to maybe score 3. Cant wait for some consistency, but for now, we should be friggin ecstatic that we are 5-1. I know I sure am. Peace

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
tonyseahawk":25v3z19c said:
Im going to the game, as I did last year. I have about the same feeling about this game right now as I did at about half time of last years game is AZ. I feel like, flip a coin for your outcome. I think with RW at Qb, we will always be in a game we have a chance to win. But with the Oline in shambles, our margin of error is just so small that it will take a lot of things falling the right way to come out on top here. Are we the better team? Sure we are. And they know it too. But anyone that watches football without the rose colored glasses are fooling themselves when they think the better team always wins. The team that plays the best, usually wins, and every game this year, we've played terribly, ugly, awesome, exciting, great and horrible. And the Cards always play us tough here in AZ, always. Knowing RW has determination (scary though sometimes) to run for some yards and keep the D backed off helps. I think its a major boost for all of our guys when they see him leave it all on the field, on every play. But we are good enough to come in here and lay 28 points in the first half, and just bad enough to maybe score 3. Cant wait for some consistency, but for now, we should be friggin ecstatic that we are 5-1. I know I sure am. Peace
Just to add to this, I've been down here in the toaster since 2001. Haven't missed a game since 02. Hawks win loss record down here is a dismal 3 and 7. Short week, injuries, yea I'm concerned, but not wavering on feeling we should get a win.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I expected the game to be sloppy. We are playing after a loss. Pete's teams are known not to do well after a loss. They play over the edge rather than a natural game. I am glad this game was at home and playing against a backup QB. I still have faith we have talent. I see so many open WRs on the plays that RW doesn't see. Maybe he has forgotten his natural game based on the line but he is doing something that he will learn. Defenses are confusing him for sure and the coaches need to do a better job of pointing that out.

RiverDog

Reaction score
If we play like we did Sunday, ie we allow a 10 point swing at the end of the half, put the ball on the ground 5 times, zero passing TD's and 90 yards out of our RB's, then no, we don't win.

But that's just from looking at the stats sheet. With our defense, we're in every game, and I can't even remember a game in which we lost by more than a TD. I expect us to win by scoring less than 21 points.

Axx

Reaction score
we beat the team that beat the cardinals

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Only if we cut Rice and allow our fanbase to call the offensive plays.

Wait.

We won on Sunday?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Miller will be back. The biggest problem this game was "taking care of the football". I think the added threat of Miller (and blocking), take away those crazy Blocked FG Returns, and add in "taking care of the football". I think we can/should win this Thursday game.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1yuvlrcl said:
Thursday night away games are notoriously difficult to win. I want to say "given our last 3 performances" but really vs. Indy was the only horrible showing start to finish for our D. I do worry about facing Palmer though, he is a capable passer and so far we didn't do well against the only one we've really faced.
IDK, without two gift interceptions by Fitzpatrick, we probably lost the game yesterday. Fitzpatrick was able to drive 60+ yards (without any big plays) against us 2 or 3 times.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1ixro61j said:
AbsolutNET":1ixro61j said:
Thursday night away games are notoriously difficult to win. I want to say "given our last 3 performances" but really vs. Indy was the only horrible showing start to finish for our D. I do worry about facing Palmer though, he is a capable passer and so far we didn't do well against the only one we've really faced.
IDK, without two gift interceptions by Fitzpatrick, we probably lost the game yesterday. Fitzpatrick was able to drive 60+ yards (without any big plays) against us 2 or 3 times.

Palmer can play just as sloppy (if not even worse) than Fitzpatrick did. Also, the handwringing over two 60 yard drives is ludicrous. Fitzpatrick dink and dunked his way down the field then the Titans ended up with field goals. When Rodgers did that last year, it was great defense.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm an objective Seahawks fan and try to call it like I see it but honestly the sky is falling on this board drives me nuts sometimes. Take away the fluke play and thats a 23-6 win against a very good titans team. They have had the lead in the 4th quarter of every game this year up until yesterday. They also have a very good defense. We dominated in every way and the only thing that kept it close was turnovers and a fluke play at the end of the half.

Arizona....I expect a close game that we win. We are a much better team than Arizona. To hear people on the board saying we have no chance baffles me. Miller will be back which helps us a ton on third down and in pass protection which will be huge.

Can we play better? Of course. Is the sky falling? No. Wilson played very good, the line overall did much better too. Defense didnt give up a touchdown either.

6-1 here we go....

Steve2222

Reaction score
One things for sure. The game will not be pretty and we'll be on the edge of our seats until the final whistle, like every away game this team plays.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I'd honestly prefer if RW & Lynch just had 9 blockers instead of bothering with receivers or anyone else.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
If they play up to their potential this game is a win. If they play with all the mistakes and make a circus showing of it they will get eaten alive. I don't expect they will make the same mistakes twice. I think they found a way to overcome and come out with a win Vs Tennessee and they can do it against the Cardinals. I like our chances. I also think they are going to want to make this a statement win with this being the first divisional road game of the season. Either way should be entertaining. :snack:

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I'm not worried about this game at all. We can handle them. I was really worried about the Titans but I just have a gut feeling we win this one rather easily.

C-Dub

Reaction score
MANUNITED23":20s38hh2 said:
If Hawks' play the same way as they did against Titans then no.
I agree. Titans are an average to below average team. Gotta play better especially in Arizona.

Cards >> Titans

The Cards hung in against the 9ers for most of the game. They're defense didn't look as sharp and were beat on a lot of big plays. We'll need to force some INTs like the 9ers were able to do, and hopefully RW can find Chop Chop and Dougie Fresh deep.