Julian Edelman visiting 49ers

Scottemojo

Reaction score
His name is uninspiring. He sound like a shitty car from the 40's. So I hope the Niners sign him.

kearly

Reaction score
Marvin49":3rt4h1ha said:
BTW...also rumored to have interest in Nicks.

To be honest tho, I don't see them signing a WR. Who is going to want to sign to be a 3rd WR on a team that rarely used 3 WR sets last year?

My guess is they draft someone high...maybe Brandin Cooks.

I get that feeling too. Baalke isn't the best GM ever, but he'd have to be a pretty big dummy to not take advantage of this deep WR class.

You guys don't really "need" an upgrade at WR anyway. You just need a viable depth player if Crabtree or Boldin go down. Obviously, it would need to be a guy who fits the same mold as those two (i.e. not Edelman). Those two guys have been mostly durable for their careers so even without depth you guys will probably be okay. I think the 49ers offense is going to be pretty good this year, possibly better than their defense, which I think is starting to crumble a bit.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I don't know about that. It seems to me they need exactly what we need, a vertical threat. Why do you think we're all in for Finley and trying to get Rice back on a reasonable contract?

NINEster

Reaction score
kearly":3kobvyzq said:
Marvin49":3kobvyzq said:

To be honest tho, I don't see them signing a WR. Who is going to want to sign to be a 3rd WR on a team that rarely used 3 WR sets last year?

I get that feeling too. Baalke isn't the best GM ever, but he'd have to be a pretty big dummy to not take advantage of this deep WR class.

You guys don't really "need" an upgrade at WR anyway. You just need a viable depth player if Crabtree or Boldin go down. Obviously, it would need to be a guy who fits the same mold as those two (i.e. not Edelman). Those two guys have been mostly durable for their careers so even without depth you guys will probably be okay. I think the 49ers offense is going to be pretty good this year, possibly better than their defense, which I think is starting to crumble a bit.

You mean the defense that got better in 2013 vs. 2012 is starting to crumble?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
NINEster":1o02j7re said:
kearly":1o02j7re said:
Marvin49":1o02j7re said:

You mean the defense that got better in 2013 vs. 2012 is starting to crumble?
Is your secondary getting better or worse right now? Is Bowman going to be ready to start the year? Has Willis shown signs of losing a step? Is Cowboy getting younger?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1thcmaul said:
Why do you think... we're trying to get Rice back on a reasonable contract?
Are we?.... source?

Better yet... is there a source for stating that he will be 100% sometime this season?

He had knee issues all year and then he tore his ACL, right?

Are the knee issues all resolved?

Latest posts