Julius Thomas: Seahawks defense didn't beat us - we did

Sac

Reaction score
apypyteb.jpg

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
One sentence he's saying:

We've played against good defenses. What we can't allow a team to do is keep us from executing.

And seconds later he's saying:

I think what really got us is our lack of execution

A couple points here Thomas: First off, NO, you literally HAVEN'T played against good defenses. Unless by good you mean average at best. Because technically, all NFL defenses are GOOD, they're the NFL. But if by good you mean better than NFL average, then no, you've never played against a good defense.

But that's okay because this year you get to play against a LOT of good defenses.

Secondly, which was it Thomas? Did the Hawks "keep us from executing" or was it "our lack of execution"? Face it douchebag, you're failing to give respect where respect is due. Which is why you're a douchebag.

But that's okay too, because week three we're going to keep your team from executing again. So will the Niners, so will Arizona, so will St. Louis. Maybe then you'll understand the concept that failing to execute and getting beat by the defense are the same thing 90% of the time and when you get the crap beat out of you like you did against the Hawks, well, that's not the 10% exception.

Man up and give respect where respect is due.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
He's babbling on about the Super Bowl just like the Niners fans babble on about the NFC Championship game. Cannot admit that Seattle was the better team; much more palatable to make excuses for the loss and insist that if his (or their) team would have played their best, they would have whooped us.

Coping mechanism, nothing more.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Hmmm Julius, I see in the stats that you had 4 receptions for 27 yards.
Our linebacker had 1 interception return for 69 yards and a TD, which best your offensive stats.

Or here's a fun one, our defense, between the pick six and the safety, OUTSCORED your offense, the alleged best offense ever.

I rest my case.

Now go eat some humble pie and learn from your mistakes.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
This reminds me of that time we beat the Lions in the 2006 opener by a score of 9-6, nothing but field goals on either side, and Roy Williams came out afterward in the Lions locker room saying, "It was stupid how close we were to putting 40 points on the board."

DavidSeven

Reaction score
That game was arguably the most thorough and complete butt-whooping I've ever witnessed at the pro level. 58-0 vs. the Cardinals was a bigger blowout, but there were fluky elements to that game that exploded the score. The XLVIII score was simply a result of pure dominance in every phase of the game, from beginning to end.

I don't care what Denver thinks they could've done differently. They are simply unequipped to do anything vs. Seattle's defense. I feel like this seemed pretty obvious to .NET folks well before the game and yet went ignored by almost all of the national media. Denver can't challenge deep. They can't run. They can't scramble. They only target areas that are blown up by our 4.4 linebackers and Kam freakin' Chancellor. Historic offense, schmistoric offense.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm happy this was said, and I hope more Broncos player say it. This will fuel unholy retribution against them when they play up here.

I'm not sure I've seen a defense as intense as that in a Superbowl. I HAVE seen a Seahawks defense more intense than that....at home.

We'll see how soft the Broncos are this year when they play the entire NFCW. Personally, I'm intrigued by how SF and AZ look against Denver.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Broncos need to have their doctors take a look at him. His statements sound like clear evidence of concusion syndrome. He can't recall the game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I have a feeling this quote might be brought up again in .. oh.. around the third week of September.

byau

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":8733z1jk said:
Secondly, which was it Thomas? Did the Hawks "keep us from executing" or was it "our lack of execution"?

Maybe what kept some of you from executing was getting banged up, like Demaryius Thomas getting his shoulder separated from this hit

Kamhit2

(as reported by MITM 12th Man Roundtable 2/7/2014)

Giving Julius the benefit of the doubt, I think what he's really saying his that he knows what his Broncos teammates are capable of, and they were just very ill prepared, taken by surprise, sucker punched, and just could not get back in the game and were likely VERY ill prepared to handle it.

And honestly didn't anyone get an inkling of this prior to SB48? When you started hearing things like John Fox turning down the fan-noise simulating speakers, and letting his team do media on a rocking boat and getting his players seasick? What kind of mental state is your coach in to not prepare you to the fullest?

I think it's more realistic to blame your leadership and coach for not preparing the athletes properly.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
dunceface":1j6sssyt said:
Awww poor wittle guy got his feelings hurt...someone needs to yell "35!" at him...
This made me laugh!

Hawks46":1j6sssyt said:
We'll see how soft the Broncos are this year when they play the entire NFCW. Personally, I'm intrigued by how SF and AZ look against Denver.
This! Pundits are predicting an easy walk for the Broncos to return to the Super Bowl because there's hardly anybody in the AFC to challenge them. I really think there's a good strong possibility they will go 0-4 against the NFCW. They might get to the playoffs, because someone has to win that division, but they're going to be bruised and battered with a few loose teeth hanging out.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
As hahahaha that's frickin great . Best laugh I've had in a min

Spounge84

Reaction score
Someone left a comment on that page that I think says it best:

"Its ok Julius Thomas, most rape victims end up blaming themselves after it is all over. It's only natural."

sutz

Reaction score
That's a pretty standard football cliche. :229031_shrug:

It's kind of cutesy coming after the biggest butt whipping in a SB in quite a few years, but oh well. He'll say what he says. When they strap on the pads in September, they'll probably only lose to us by 35-10 or so. ;)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Julius apparently didn't watch any replays of the game.

His comment is a genuine 'whatever' situation.

The Hawks simply laid a shellacking on them, he knows it to and his remarks are so much nonsense.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
sutz":262hsf2i said:
That's a pretty standard football cliche. :229031_shrug:

It's kind of cutesy coming after the biggest butt whipping in a SB in quite a few years, but oh well. He'll say what he says. When they strap on the pads in September, they'll probably only lose to us by 35-10 or so. ;)

But, but... they picked up free agents!