Julius Thomas: Seahawks defense didn't beat us - we did

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
tacomahawk":nihyu8pe said:
......Thanks for the extra fuel for week 3 dumbass.
This. Guessing Pey Pey wishes he'd have just kept his mouth shut.

Largent80":nihyu8pe said:
35 mofo.

BTW, our defense outscored the #1 offense in the NFL in that game.
#1 in the HISTORY of the NFL.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I guess 16 times last year teams "beat themselves." Had nothing to do with the Hawks' talent and/or going 16-3 and winning a title.

byau

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":10wrni9w said:
I guess 16 times last year teams "beat themselves." Had nothing to do with the Hawks' talent and/or going 16-3 and winning a title.

Snap.

How about:

"Mr. Thomas, so we understand you had a breakout year this year. 12 TD catches, most by any Broncos Tight End"
"Yes, I did"
"So is it safe to say you didn't really score those TDs on any talent?"
"Huh?"
"Isn't what really happened on those 12 plays is the opposing defenses really just beat themselves?"
"Ummmm..."
"So do you want to go ahead and publicly thank them right now?"
"Erm"
"How do you respond to the fact that the Seahawks did not let themselves get beat in the NFC championship game even though they also fumbled the first play?"
"...."

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
He's right, folks...

In the same way that Luke didn't so much chop off Darth Vader's hand in Return of the Jedi, as Vader simply failed to maintain appendage integrity.

:lol:

ceej22

Reaction score
So he'd rather admit failure than defeat? Personally I'd rather admit defeat knowing that I gave it my all. He must really be struggling with the loss or throwing in the towel after Harvin ran one back. Can't wait until week 3!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This comment, as well as the Bronco's new "35" mantra shows is that they're still reeling and dwelling on the epic SB beatdown they took.

Personally I don't EVER think you can get over a loss like that, so I fully expect the Broncos to implode this year. They're going to have a hell of a time even winning their division in 2014, let alone get back to the SB. Especially playing the entire NFC West...........so Thomas will have plenty of chances to get destroyed by a more physical nasty defense this season.

chris98251

Reaction score
We got jobbed in our first run in a Super Bowl and none of us forgot, Broncos situation was much more humiliating, at least when we played we had to beat two teams, the Steelers and the Umpires. The Broncos will have to live with getting the most dominating and complete beat down in any Super Bowl, and taking it having the highest ranked offense in NFL History at that.

byau

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2au8iqau said:
This comment, as well as the Bronco's new "35" mantra shows is that they're still reeling and dwelling on the epic SB beatdown they took.

Personally I don't EVER think you can get over a loss like that, so I fully expect the Broncos to implode this year. They're going to have a hell of a time even winning their division in 2014, let alone get back to the SB. Especially playing the entire NFC West...........so Thomas will have plenty of chances to get destroyed by a more physical nasty defense this season.

While I agree the comments are silly, I don't think the "35" thing is bad at all. Just like Sherman trash talks to get himself up into a game, if "35" gets them up, why not use it?

While I think they'll have a tough schedule this year, I don't think they'll implode. I think they'll do pretty well and wouldn't be surprised to see it be Pats vs Broncos again for AFC. They made some good pickups. They are getting some valuable players back from injury.

To me it's all going to be on Peyton whether he can come back with a fire in his eyes or not. Everyone else will follow.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
969638-cool_story__bro_super.jpg

Riley12

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":mu2c20e9 said:
I'm not sure Pey Pey will survive the NFC West gauntlet. Honestly.

I'm thinking along that line too.

The NFC West is used to beating each other up - a true Black and Blue division. Poor Peyton Effin' Manning is effed.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Now, let's roll that marvelous Julius Thomas SB highlight footage.....................

If they beat themselves, that kind of self-abuse should be iilegal.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Hawks will never run out of material for motivation. Players are too stupid to let the Hawks get huge heads.

Heh.. Thomas just sealed the deal.

Kaiser

Reaction score
They beat themselves the same way Pancho hit himself with a tree in predator.