Justin Britt

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm in a wait-and-see mode. He might have been a little bit of a reach, but after seeing how well he played against good competition (Clowney), he definitely has the potential to be a good OT. Good, bad, or indifferent, I do not trust reports coming out of training camp. We'll see how he looks in the preseason games.

But I will say that the fact that Tom Cable really likes this guy is not at all comforting. Cable also really liked James Carpenter as a RT. If this guy doesn't pan out and our OL continues to leak like a sieve, I'll be calling for Cable's head.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Not disagreeing with waiting until he plays in real games. I think; however, that saying he's "a reach" is a reach in itself. There is enough video footage to say otherwise.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
RiverDog":m9ceuyad said:
I'm in a wait-and-see mode. He might have been a little bit of a reach, but after seeing how well he played against good competition (Clowney), he definitely has the potential to be a good OT. Good, bad, or indifferent, I do not trust reports coming out of training camp. We'll see how he looks in the preseason games.

But I will say that the fact that Tom Cable really likes this guy is not at all comforting. Cable also really liked James Carpenter as a RT. If this guy doesn't pan out and our OL continues to leak like a sieve, I'll be calling for Cable's head.

Who's to say James Carpenter would not be the team's starting RT had it not been for 2 significant career derailing injuries that sapped his ability to develop over the last 2 off-seasons and come in extremely overweight?

Who's to say Moffitt wouldn't be in the NFL, and starting over Sweezy had his heart been it and he took his job more seriously?

Maybe Cable's to blame for drafting these players but you can't blame him for the circumstantial that he has no control over, he can only develop the guys that are healthy enough to practice or play and committ 100% to his program. Sometimes it doesn't work out that way.

All I know his that James Carpenter is a healthy 315 pounds and he's read to prove something this season (and already has put in great work to improve in his first true off-season).

Britt can be as good as he wants to. As long as he can stay healthy everyday and put in the hardwork. That can be said practically about any draft pick really. But he seems to comprehend the opportunity and challenge in front of him. And like I said if he puts in the hard work his ceiling his much better than Giacomini's was... so were looking at a possibly upgrade.

Obviously its too early to tell doesn't mean some of can't be optimistic and exciting for Britt and believe despite all the bitchin and moaning and all the naysayers calling him a reach and that Cable is an idiot, that we can believe in him and believe in his ability to become a solid RT.