Justin Coleman has been a revelation

adeltaY

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ks54w99c said:
He's been all right. Given up a lot of plays and a few penalties along the way, too, and I notice him getting too easily blocked out of run plays.

A pair of pick-sixes are nice, though.

The DPI against Beasley was BS.

Jville

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1f9o11db said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SalvationArmyUS/status/945078577179045888[/tweet]

Nice ................

[tweet]https://twitter.com/KandraKPTV/status/942748548512169986[/tweet]

Is this proof that Leprechauns do exist ?????

DR53xy5W4AAJcyw

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
hawknation2017":28th5h0n said:
My dream secondary for 2018:

Nickel Justin Coleman
LCB Richard Sherman, Byron Maxwell
FS Earl Thomas
SS Kam Chancellor
RCB Shaq Griffin, DeShawn Shead
Dime Bradley McDougald

:179417:

Oh I like this.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I like CB’s that get their heads turned around quick enough to make a play on the ball.
JC does this and is a keeper IMHO.

rjdriver

Reaction score
hawknation2017":cudc5ws8 said:

Nickel Justin Coleman
FS Earl Thomas
SS Kam Chancellor
Dime Bradley McDougald

I agree. Pretty special group and a prodigious amount of talent, but boy that’s an expensive secondary with the big three there.

massari

Reaction score
hawknation2017":c8q3nzfs said:

Nickel Justin Coleman
FS Earl Thomas
SS Kam Chancellor
Dime Bradley McDougald

Would love to add Jalen Collins to the mix for relatively cheap to compete at RCB...or try him out at LCB...

Collins 1024x542

If Sherman comes back healthy, I try to trade him ASAP for no less than a 2019 2nd round pick and pocket the extra $11M in cap room if Jalen Collins/Griffin/Shead or a CB from the 2018 draft look good with Maxwell at LCB. Darrelle Revis was traded for a 1st+4th coming off ACL surgery and was about Sherman's age.

Thomas back on the Seahawks would be huge if he actually wants to be there...if not...

A bunch of draft picks instead of Thomas would be alright too.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
massari":11afwd5y said:
hawknation2017":11afwd5y said:

Nickel Justin Coleman
FS Earl Thomas
SS Kam Chancellor
Dime Bradley McDougald

Would love to add Jalen Collins to the mix for relatively cheap to compete at RCB...or try him out at LCB...

Collins 1024x542

If Sherman comes back healthy, I try to trade him ASAP for no less than a 2019 2nd round pick and pocket the extra $11M in cap room if Jalen Collins/Griffin/Shead or a CB from the 2018 draft look good with Maxwell at LCB. Darrelle Revis was traded for a 1st+4th coming off ACL surgery and was about Sherman's age.

Thomas back on the Seahawks would be huge if he actually wants to be there...if not...

A bunch of draft picks instead of Thomas would be alright too.
This isn’t Fantasy football or Madden.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, as bad as some of the other moves have been (Joekel, China Food and Wide Right), Coleman and McDougald have been outstanding pickups.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3cg5ab5t said:
Yeah, as bad as some of the other moves have been (Joekel, China Food and Wide Right), Coleman and McDougald have been outstanding pickups.

Yes, very happy with these two. To be honest,,,,, I would like Max back here as well.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
adeltaY":30af6ufw said:
MontanaHawk05":30af6ufw said:
He's been all right. Given up a lot of plays and a few penalties along the way, too, and I notice him getting too easily blocked out of run plays.

Not just that. His tackling hasn't been the greatest. Got to Smith on Dallas' attempted comeback drive in the 4th, reached him before the marker but tried to bodyslam him instead of tackle. Then gave up a short crosser later. Little things like that have popped up all year. He's all right.

stizz19

Reaction score
sutz":2n2z2lzj said:
Definitely a good get. After last season, it's nice to see some late season competence back there after the injuries.

Could say the same about the return of Maxie, too.

Maxwell has been hit and miss, sometimes he gets roasted on long plays.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1f8tawae said:
Not just that. His tackling hasn't been the greatest. Got to Smith on Dallas' attempted comeback drive in the 4th, reached him before the marker but tried to bodyslam him instead of tackle. Then gave up a short crosser later. Little things like that have popped up all year. He's all right.

That was the play that just pissed me off! That is not Seahawk tackling technique.

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2zgy0tph said:

Not to mention Dion Jordan. He owned the Cowboys' backup LT. The defensive coaches have this amazing ability to coach guys up to their best level. Jordan was nearly washed out of the league before he came here.

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3w1ncpnj said:
MontanaHawk05":3w1ncpnj said:

That was the play that just pissed me off! That is not Seahawk tackling technique.

He's had a couple B.S. penalties called against him. In addition to that ridiculous DPI in the last game, he had a B.S. defensive holding called against him in another game, when he was within the five-yard zone of the line of scrimmage.

Coleman was acquired at the start of the season, plus he only plays in the nickel, so he probably hasn't had many opportunities to improve his tackling. That will come, I expect.

adeltaY

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2n82e8vg said:
adeltaY":2n82e8vg said:
MontanaHawk05":2n82e8vg said:

Yeah that tackle stood out. We traded a sixth rounder for him so we've gotten great value for him.

To be fair, it also seemed like every DL was too slow to catch Dak when he scrambled as well. The bennett miss stuck out just as badly. Frank Clark was like nah and tracked him down, which was cool.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Coleman has been okay. He like the rest of the secondary has looked good in wins and like the rest of the defense, not so much,in the losses. No one was starting these threads after the Rams or Jags game.

Dion Jordan if he can stay healthy looks to be a legit situational pass rusher. He just hasn't been able to station the field.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
This is getting a little off-topic, but yeah, Dion Jordan is joining Quinton Jefferson as a guy to keep our eyes on for next year.

adeltaY

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1wai1lyi said:
This is getting a little off-topic, but Dion Jordan is joining Quinton Jefferson as a guy to keep our eyes on for next year.

We control Dion for at least one year, right?

sutz

Reaction score
adeltaY":2yfl6fsg said:
MontanaHawk05":2yfl6fsg said:
This is getting a little off-topic, but Dion Jordan is joining Quinton Jefferson as a guy to keep our eyes on for next year.

We control Dion for at least one year, right?
I believe that is a yes. According to NFL.com he's in his 3rd year. He was a 1st rd pick, though, so he may have an option year. I don't know if we get to option that since he was drafted by Miami.

Latest posts