Kaepernick Puts on STUNNING Workout, Seahawks MUST Sign Him

W

Welshers

Colin K put on an incredible workout at the Michigan Spring game. Proved he has a sensational and unmatched arm. He is the no brainer sign for the Seahawks. Get this guy on a vet min and we are SB favorites.

toffee

Reaction score
I have been advocating to bring him in for a look see, not just sign him, but a look see. If Pete's JUST COMPETE is to be taken seriously, Pete need to bring Kaep in for a look see. I doubt he has enough to make the team, but he did have a decent enough resume to warrant a look see, it's off season, not like the coaches are super busy game planning etc.,

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Is there film of this stunning workout? If so I'm sure the staff has looked at it. If they're stunned I assume they would take appropriate action...unless they have other issues they're dealing with.
The really encouraging thing is that he was able to stun folks without benefit of a competent O Line, which is exactly what he would be doing here as things stand now.

toffee

Reaction score
Is there film of this stunning workout? If so I'm sure the staff has looked at it. If they're stunned I assume they would take appropriate action...unless they have other issues they're dealing with.
It was half time, Kaep threw a few long ones to WRs? Not sure how stunning could that be?

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
From what I recall in the past, Kaepernick has insisted on being the starter right out of the gate (which, if true, would explain why he hasn't been signed in the past few years). That said, he may have changed his tune by now and would be open to beating out Drew....or perhaps the Seahawks are so piss-poor in the quarterback dept that they grant that starting position wish?

toffee

Reaction score
From what I recall in the past, Kaepernick has insisted on being the starter right out of the gate (which, if true, would explain why he hasn't been signed in the past few years). That said, he may have changed his tune by now and would be open to beating out Drew....or perhaps the Seahawks are so piss-poor in the quarterback dept that they grant that starting position wish?
I hope not, I am all for bring him in for an evaluation, not just sign him as starter. If we do sign him, I expect competition with Lock and even Gino for starting job.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
They're fighting politics and legal on this one. I don't care if Kaep has a ROCKET for an arm, and can run a 3.9 40.

He's got enough baggage packed with him for a 6 month trip in the African wilderness.

Even though I see glimmers of 'hey, why not maybe' - this guy is the third rail. I can't see this happening.

hoxrox

Reaction score
He should at least be a back-up in the league. But the Seahawks can afford to wait it out and exhaust all other options at this point.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I think the point is we are in a position where we can't afford to ignore any and all options. Even those that have been accumulating game-rust for 5 or 6 years. But we shouldn't pay "proven" salary levels for an experiment.
Another way to look at Kap is that he hasn't taken any punishment for those years off, so maybe they shouldn't count against his player age. Maybe he's just really fresh! LOL

xray

Reaction score
How's he look with a pass rush and receivers covered like a blanket ?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
How's he look with a pass rush and receivers covered like a blanket ?
Pretty much like Russ maybe?
The reason he's not been signed up to now, is because he wanted to be a STARTER, but now that he's come right out and said that he'd be open to a BACKUP role, the ONLY REASON he's still being black-balled, is PURELY POLITICAL.
The young man kneeled for a Principle and you just can't do that in AMERICA anymore, unless it's SANCTIONED by some POLITICIAN, or you kiss the ring of some MAFIA DON.

Msfann

Reaction score
They're fighting politics and legal on this one. I don't care if Kaep has a ROCKET for an arm, and can run a 3.9 40.

He's got enough baggage packed with him for a 6 month trip in the African wilderness.

Even though I see glimmers of 'hey, why not maybe' - this guy is the third rail. I can't see this happening.

I don't even care about the politics, taking a knee during the National anthem is about as peaceful of a protest as you can do and people overreacted. My issue is the guy is 36 years old and has been away from the NFL for years and the average age for a NFL QB to retire at is 35 years old. I would take Cam Newton over Kap if we have to take a washed up QB.

Frozenropers1

Reaction score
I’m wondering if people are forgetting the Kap wasn’t a good accurate passer when he was in San Fran…..he was best when scrambling and running. I can’t imagine after 5 years off his legs are any faster and his passing has gotten any more accurate.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Every former QB that hasn’t made it in the last 10 years, but was a first round pick, could also put up stunning workouts in shorts.

Hawknight

Reaction score
I’m wondering if people are forgetting the Kap wasn’t a good accurate passer when he was in San Fran…..he was best when scrambling and running. I can’t imagine after 5 years off his legs are any faster and his passing has gotten any more accurate.
Sherman can vouch for this post. I mean he was Kaps best receiver, although on the opposite team.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
He deserves a shot, although being that the NFL owners blackballed him for years, his passing skills have likely eroded by now.

Donn2390

Reaction score
I can't imagine why he would want to subject himself to being poked and prodded like a slave on the block, working for a slave owner, and taking orders from a slave driver. (His words). If he gets a trial will he wear his Pig socks? His Castro T-Shirt?
He is garbage and doesn't deserve to live and work around real Americans. Let him spend his Sundays kneeling in front of the stadium, there are other QB's out there...