Kam is IN the Building!!!!!!! (The New KAM Topic)

vin.couve12

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":2pp8zswp said:
JAGHAWK":2pp8zswp said:
Watching press conference with Kam and Pete- sounds like he will play Sunday.

226lbs & 6% body fat.
Before the hip injuries in college he was running a 4.47 40 and playing CB. Hip injuries were done last year. Looks even more dangerous than ever now.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
BlueTalon":27yg49on said:
tdlabrie":27yg49on said:
He'll pull this stunt again next year -- he practically guaranteed it himself -- and IMO the FO is going to boot him.
What on earth makes you think that? Kam is so eager to lose even more money?
Well, he himself tweeted "I can address business after the season." (multiple sources for that tweet, but here's one http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/9/23/9383349/kam-chancellor-holdout-ends-returns-to-seahawks)

I don't see any way to take his words other than, at the end of the season, he'll start all this over again.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
vin.couve12":26f31ehh said:
hawknation2015":26f31ehh said:
vin.couve12":26f31ehh said:
No, Joe Blow fan boys saw things very specifically only from a team perspective and not from a player perspective, but took it to a level well beyond irrational, seemingly incapable of seeing the business side of things with any manner of clear vision. Kam very much accomplished his goals for next year one way or the other and the Seahawks accomplished their goal for this season in standing pat.

The average fan of just about every team is a complete nutjob about their team. The average fan also isn't like that about much of anything else in their lives either. That's just the way it works with football.

Kam still has two years left on his contract, after this season, so holding out next year would be a doubly stupid "business decision." The Seahawks showed very clearly they will not budge from their position just because a player threatens a bad faith holdout.

If Kam or any player decides to holdout again, they should very clearly expect NOTHING in return from the team. The team may or may not offer a slight adjustment in guaranteed money, but they have shown to be highly unlikely to budge from their initial offer.

They did not budge for Marshawn Lynch in his prime, sticking to their original adjustment that was offered before he missed a few days of training camp. They did not budge for a healthy, 27-year-old Kam Chancellor, despite not having a suitable replacement for two games.

What are the chances they will budge for a 28-year-old Chancellor of unknown health with the time and resources to draft or develop a suitable backup strong safety? Slim to none.
You're still thinking about this like Madden assets.

I have never played Madden, so I'm not sure what that means.

I also did not understand the rest of your post. What do you think the team did to make Kam "caustic," other than not caving to his ridiculous demands to renege on his deal with three years left.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3627emtb said:
It is absolutely MOST important, how the players view a given front office. Once that label sticks, it's hard to get it off.
Given that our particular front office has been very proactive about taking care of core players a year before their contract is up, I doubt such a label is going to "stick" as the result of one player's disgruntledness.

hawk45

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2wg9ubd7 said:
You're still thinking about this like Madden assets. First of all, you don't want to turn a player caustic in a locker room and absolutely not the one that everyone looks up to. Second of all, it can get caustic to a point where EVERYONE wants out if said player is influential enough that the situations changes the entire locker room dynamic. Everyone should have already learned their lesson with that and he'd get traded before that happens.

It is absolutely MOST important, how the players view a given front office. Once that label sticks, it's hard to get it off.

It's important how an organization looks viewed by the fans as well, but this is a business. If they win, people will come, but in order to win, all pieces have to be in the right places.

I'm actually kind of mind blown at the views in here that just look at these contracts like a player signed it with their soul, the view thinking about the team even, but then completely disregard just how much weight some of these players carry and how damaging things can turn out when you don't see the big picture....the forest for the trees. In acting human in these views, somehow the humanity is actually forgotten. It's just plain odd. Reminds me of crazy churches, which is not all, I might add.

EDIT: Queue the line where someone makes a envious statement about how much money they make....

I can't tell if you are arguing the team should have paid Kam to avoid things turning caustic?

If in order to win pieces have to be in the right places, how does sending the signal that a 5 year deal is now a 2 year deal help that be the case?

I don't see HN2015 laying out an emotional hate-filled case against Kam, I see him correctly realizing that rewarding holdouts after 2 years does far more damage to your long-term success than a player not getting what he wants.

And if front offices need to pay every player what they want every time why have no other players missed games during the current CBA? They all just can't see the forest for the trees?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
BlueTalon":28n557uj said:
vin.couve12":28n557uj said:
Given that our particular front office has been very proactive about taking care of core players a year before their contract is up, I doubt such a label is going to "stick" as the result of one player's disgruntledness.
You'd be right so long as they remain a dominant, winning team. Everything spreads like a virus in a fall from greatness. Even if they only fell to 9-7 it would happen.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
kidhawk":1456y6en said:
JAGHAWK":1456y6en said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he played, but that's not at all what Pete said. He said they'd take it one day at a time. He said they'd love to have him play on Sunday but they'd be taking it one day at a time.

He also added that they have not activated him yet and that they have up to 2 weeks on the exempt list if they need it

Ooooookay. Was just trying to pass so basic info along to the others, but uhhh MY BAD.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3o2bzmi4 said:
BlueTalon":3o2bzmi4 said:
vin.couve12":3o2bzmi4 said:
You'd be right so long as they remain a dominant, winning team. Everything spreads like a virus in a fall from greatness. Even if they only fell to 9-7 it would happen.

That is why is so important to send a strong message now: that they will not budge from their initial offer due to a bad faith holdout. Not for a Marshawn Lynch in his prime. Not for a Kam Chancellor in his prime. Not for anyone. Therefore, a holdout is a futile exercise that accomplishes nothing but damage.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
@ Hawk45, I've stated that Kam accomplished his goals for next year. The Team has accomplished their goals for this year. And like Bobby Wagner said not too long ago, it means what it means.

And no, I contest that most of these posts have an underlying emotion that they want Kam to apologize to them, redeem, pay, suffer, etc or some varrying level to that effect. It's asinine.

stizz19

Reaction score
Dabhawk":2og8tv2z said:
CodeWarrior":2og8tv2z said:
I'll be booing him as loud as I can from section 134 come Sunday.

Couldn't agree more, I'll be booing at him on Sunday at the Clink. He jeopardized his team to gain money when he actually LOST MONEY!!! HE LOST AND WE LOST, oh so now we're supposed to forgive him?? I've got his elite jersey I bought last year at the pro shop up on EBAY and I can't wait to get rid of it! Dude is a class A DOUCHE BAG
ill buy it, how much? what size is it?

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
I think our degree of error in terms of losses to get home field advantage is allowing only one more lose throughout the regular season.
A total of three losses is all I think we can handle and I am glad he is back and now we can put some distractions behind us.
It is time for things to start clicking on offence and defence.
Let's rock and GO Hawks.....wore my 31 jersey today after hearing the news.
What has happened has happened and now water under the bridge. Let Kam's actions now lead this defence. If that that occurs we will crush teams. If he wants a new contract let him earn it and show it on the field. I am excited
Wish I was able to attend the game this Sunday.....

drdiags

Reaction score
Glad he and team can move forward. He could be moved this off-season, see J Graham/NO Saints after last year's contract residue. How quickly this can be put behind everyone the better.

I think they will have to bring him back slowly or he could be sidelined due to not being in football shape. In the end, if his health holds up, I think he plays 10 quality regular season games. At most 12, giving him a 2-game ramp up before he is back to full go. My conservative nature says 4-game ramp up, thus my 10 quality game prediction.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2ilvtrf4 said:
I've stated that Kam accomplished his goals for next year. The Team have accomplished their goals for this year. And like Bobby Wagner said not too long ago, it means what it means.

Kam "accomplished his goals for next year" by demonstrating unequivocally that he will end a holdout while gaining ZERO dollars, that the team will not budge from their initial offer just because a player threatens to harm the team, and that a holdout is a totally fruitless exercise that generated nothing except ill will from the public.

:sarcasm_off:

kidhawk

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":26z24fzk said:
kidhawk":26z24fzk said:
JAGHAWK":26z24fzk said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he played, but that's not at all what Pete said. He said they'd take it one day at a time. He said they'd love to have him play on Sunday but they'd be taking it one day at a time.

He also added that they have not activated him yet and that they have up to 2 weeks on the exempt list if they need it

Ooooookay. Was just trying to pass so basic info along to the others, but uhhh MY BAD.

Just clarifying for those who didn't get to listen to the press conference, otherwise it just sounded like a pretty sure thing to people who didn't get to here the context

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
If he's healthy, which we will see when he plays, the pressure is on him squarely.

He held out and if he doesn't perform at his peak this year, he's not getting another penny from Paul Allen or JS....if he performs at the same level or higher and leads Seattle to Santa Clara to win the Super Bowl, Paul Allen will have to redo his contract.

Either way, Seattle wins short and long term.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
kidhawk":2i01rqej said:
JAGHAWK":2i01rqej said:
kidhawk":2i01rqej said:
JAGHAWK":2i01rqej said:

Just clarifying for those who didn't get to listen to the press conference, otherwise it just sounded like a pretty sure thing to people who didn't get to here the context

Gotcha.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1x5b1fye said:
vin.couve12":1x5b1fye said:
I've stated that Kam accomplished his goals for next year. The Team have accomplished their goals for this year. And like Bobby Wagner said not too long ago, it means what it means.

Kam "accomplished his goals for next year" by demonstrating unequivocally that he will end a holdout while gaining ZERO dollars, that the team will not budge from their initial offer just because a player threatens to harm the team, and that a holdout is a totally fruitless exercise that generated nothing except ill will from the public.

:sarcasm_off:
Again with the public nonsense. It means nothing. Hell, even to be a good football player you have to ignore the noise...until someone personally doesn't want them to. Kam doesn't owe you anything or anyone else. Dude's got a handful of years left playing football and then he's off for the rest of his life.

Obviously Kam cut so many of you so deeply with this. :lol: It's like growing up and realizing how rough the world can be, but it is what it is.