Kam is IN the Building!!!!!!! (The New KAM Topic)

lsheldon

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a reputable source report on what financial penalties were either imposed or forgiven for Kam's holdout?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Hawkpower":mx1u12vx said:
vin.couve12":mx1u12vx said:
hawk45":mx1u12vx said:
Vin, if Kam's allowed to do what he wants to advance his own monetary goals, why should it bother you that fans also keep their own entertainment goals uppermost and bring out the pitchforks?

I agree with your point about emotion though. Neither side *really* gives a crap about the other if it means impacting their own endgame, so words like loyalty really don't apply.

Except for fans like ivotuk who do feel some loyalty, and if you're going to feel that way you are absolutely right to be pissed that it's not a two-way street.

In other words, fans are fans in their own way. This argument is really about fan A not feeling like fan B. Which is essentially what nearly every thread in the history of sports threads boils down to admittedly.

It's the entitlement that bothers me. Disagreeing with Kam or the Seahawks is to be expected, but thinking their owed something for nothing?

I'm just seeing President Camacho firing off a 60 with monster trucks trying to run over a guy while the crowd goes nuts.

Does the NFL exist, and therefore, does Kam get a paycheck if there are no fans?

And again, you are puffing up a strawman with your arguments. Its not nearly as severe as you paint it out to be. Are some fans frustrated? Sure. But Kam himself is insinuating HE needs an apology, which is ludicrous....so are some frustrated fans going to push back on that?

Yeah. They are.

But Kam exists as he is due to the fans that make it possible. Lets not forget that.

So you're owed something right? Your feelings require someone to pay? Awesome! We can be vicarious nutjobs and get something out of it!!!!

BASF

Reaction score
Uncle Si":20m1mcom said:
Kam is a fantastic player. I just don't see one player ever making the difference in the outcome of one game.

You didn't happen to see the 2004 season where Terreal Bierria pulled a Deion Bailey five times that season?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
vin.couve12":34cx753h said:
Hawkpower":34cx753h said:
vin.couve12":34cx753h said:
hawk45":34cx753h said:
Vin, if Kam's allowed to do what he wants to advance his own monetary goals, why should it bother you that fans also keep their own entertainment goals uppermost and bring out the pitchforks?

I agree with your point about emotion though. Neither side *really* gives a crap about the other if it means impacting their own endgame, so words like loyalty really don't apply.

Except for fans like ivotuk who do feel some loyalty, and if you're going to feel that way you are absolutely right to be pissed that it's not a two-way street.

In other words, fans are fans in their own way. This argument is really about fan A not feeling like fan B. Which is essentially what nearly every thread in the history of sports threads boils down to admittedly.

It's the entitlement that bothers me. Disagreeing with Kam or the Seahawks is to be expected, but thinking their owed something for nothing?

I'm just seeing President Camacho firing off a 60 with monster trucks trying to run over a guy while the crowd goes nuts.

Does the NFL exist, and therefore, does Kam get a paycheck if there are no fans?

And again, you are puffing up a strawman with your arguments. Its not nearly as severe as you paint it out to be. Are some fans frustrated? Sure. But Kam himself is insinuating HE needs an apology, which is ludicrous....so are some frustrated fans going to push back on that?

Yeah. They are.

But Kam exists as he is due to the fans that make it possible. Lets not forget that.

So you're owed something right? Your feelings require someone to pay? Awesome! We can be vicarious nutjobs and get something out of it!!!!

There you go with your strawman again.

I didnt say anything about requiring someone to "pay" nor did I say I was owed anything.

You are sneering all over the boards with your entitlement speech. I merely pointed out that the NFL and Kam's salary doesn't exist without the fans.

So players and pompous self righteous message board fans can bite the feeding hand if they want, but don't pretend that the fans don't matter.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Hawkpower":62guyv1h said:

Yeah. They are.

I didnt say anything about requiring someone to "pay" nor did I say I was owed anything.

You are sneering all over the boards with your entitlement speech. I merely pointed out that the NFL and Kam's salary doesn't exist without the fans.

So players and pompous self righteous message board fans can bite the feeding hand if they want, but don't pretend that the fans don't matter.

Im not, but it only goes to a certain extent. It's all about the benjamins.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
BASF":13idpls3 said:
Uncle Si":13idpls3 said:
Kam is a fantastic player. I just don't see one player ever making the difference in the outcome of one game.

You didn't happen to see the 2004 season where Terreal Bierria pulled a Deion Bailey five times that season?

It's not that we couldn't do it without Kam, hell theirs 31 other teams that do it without Kam, it's what he brings to the team, to the unity, he's the one that gets everyone up, he is the leader that binds the defense.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3v0xg3x4 said:
Hawkpower":3v0xg3x4 said:

Yeah. They are.

No fans = No "benjamins"

But of course you know this.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Hawkpower":20i6gmjc said:
vin.couve12":20i6gmjc said:
Hawkpower":20i6gmjc said:

Yeah. They are.

No fans = No "benjamins"

Winning = Fans

It's inevitable.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Riddle me this...why are you two arguing and attacking each other?

I read your posts and it seems at worst you're talking past one another while actually being in total agreement with each other. Am I off base here?

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
BASF":2gsl6500 said:
Uncle Si":2gsl6500 said:

It's never one player winning a game, that just not even a possibility, but one person making the difference between two relatively well matched teams?

Happens all the time.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1pcllfhb said:
Hawkpower":1pcllfhb said:
vin.couve12":1pcllfhb said:
Hawkpower":1pcllfhb said:

Yeah. They are.

No fans = No "benjamins"

Winning = Fans

It's inevitable.

Yes but you have now lost track of your own argument. This isnt about what brings fans in.

You took condescending shots at Seahawk fans earlier in this thread. I pointed out the the NFL, and thus Kam, do not exist without fans like you and I.

I am not entirely sure why you keep arguing this point. Its not debatable. Its a fact.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2xx8jqzb said:
Riddle me this...why are you two arguing and attacking each other?

I read your posts and it seems at worst you're talking past one another while actually being in total agreement with each other. Am I off base here?

You may be right. I am getting turned around in what is being said

Hopefully after today we will new, better things to talk about 8)