Kam's tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The Breh":2hhs6gz9 said:
strohmin":2hhs6gz9 said:
Wilson has regressed every year except for when it comes to padding his stats in garbage time.
I've been dying to know this....when you talk out of your ass, does the room smell like farts ?
:snack:
Yup, it smells like a 12 inch turd with all the shit scraped off :smilingalien:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3ls7iyrt said:
Aros":3ls7iyrt said:
How many drunk tweets is Russell sending out?

Exactly.
You mean, ignoring the ones about the mystical qualities of certain vitamin waters? ;)

Damn you. ;)

vin.couve12

Reaction score
adeltaY":ggtizt38 said:
WilsonMVP":ggtizt38 said:
Shanegotyou11":ggtizt38 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/KamChancellor/status/982222421238272005[/tweet]

Lets see....

Takeaways tied for 9th, 22nd, Tied 18th, and 21st last 4 years...really impressive getting that ball back to the Offense from Turnovers

3rd down percentage, 15th, 12th, 7th and 9th in opponent conversions....

I would say the Defense has been about AVERAGE getting the ball back to the offense

BOOM, there's the stats to prove it. Below average in forcing turnovers and barely top 10 at best on third down for the #1 paid defense. Explain twisted how the defense was doing 3/4 of the work?

And my goodness the 1st vs. 4th quarter disparity was only this year for Wilson. STOP saying that it is true of him as a QB, the stats show its untrue. Just last year his 1st half rating was better than his 2nd half rating.
Doesn't count FGs vs TDs. Both count as scores. I wouldn't argue that the defense hasn't been quite as good over the last 2 years though. That's still not empirical.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You don't watch the games much if it isn't clear the defense isn't doing most of the work.

Funny I have to point it out to some of the slower ones.

The job of the defense is to prevent the other team from scoring. Primarily touchdowns.

The job of the offense is to score. Ideally touchdowns.

The goal is to end the game with a higher score than the other team.

For the 1st 3 quarters the defense does, for the most part, stop the opposing team from scoring.

And even the comebacks depend on the defense stopping the opposing team from scoring.

Does our offense tend to score touchdowns in the first 3 quarters? No? If the defense prevents tds and the offense fails to score them I would say one side is doing it's job while other side is failing. 3/4 ....watch the games the past 2 years

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Points are how you win or lose a game and the Hawks fell to a lowly 10th in the league in points allowed, mostly through injury. Let's not pretend silly things.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Exactly.

Last year our defense slipped.

And without the defense to bail them out repeatedly our offense couldn't even scrape together a wild card.

Because without the defense to do the work all we have is a QB that occasionally runs around in the 4th quarter. Nothing consistent, capable or dependable. Great for YouTube clips though.

adeltaY

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1z7fti08 said:
adeltaY":1z7fti08 said:
WilsonMVP":1z7fti08 said:
Shanegotyou11":1z7fti08 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/KamChancellor/status/982222421238272005[/tweet]

Lets see....

Takeaways tied for 9th, 22nd, Tied 18th, and 21st last 4 years...really impressive getting that ball back to the Offense from Turnovers

3rd down percentage, 15th, 12th, 7th and 9th in opponent conversions....

I would say the Defense has been about AVERAGE getting the ball back to the offense

BOOM, there's the stats to prove it. Below average in forcing turnovers and barely top 10 at best on third down for the #1 paid defense. Explain twisted how the defense was doing 3/4 of the work?

And my goodness the 1st vs. 4th quarter disparity was only this year for Wilson. STOP saying that it is true of him as a QB, the stats show its untrue. Just last year his 1st half rating was better than his 2nd half rating.
Doesn't count FGs vs TDs. Both count as scores. I wouldn't argue that the defense hasn't been quite as good over the last 2 years though. That's still not empirical.

The stat is just for defensive takeaways, not for TDs scored off of takeaways. Unless you're talking about Kam's point and not the stats? Not sure.

adeltaY

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3k5wqvbn said:
Exactly.

And without the defense to bail them out repeatedly our offense couldn't even scrape together a wild card.

Because without the defense to do the work all we have is a QB that occasionally runs around in the 4th quarter. Nothing consistent, capable or dependable. Great for YouTube clips though.

First of all, here is the cap breakdown for offense/defense since 2013 (from spotrac):

2013: 52%/39%
2014: 37%/45%
2015: 35%/48%
2016: 35%/51%
2017: 36%/56%

Average Cap% rank for offense: 23rd highest
Average cap% rank for defense: 8th highest

So clearly the defense has vastly out-earned the offense over this period.

I'm not even disagreeing with you that the defense was carrying the load all these years, I just disagree that the offense has sucked because Russell Wilson got paid and he sucks for the first three quarters of games when the latter was only true for 2017 - he was just as bad in the 3rd quarter in 2016 as he was in the first quarter in 2017, which is it?

It's also evident that the FO chose to pay the defense way more than the offense. Now, you can come back and say if we got rid of Wilson and invested in OL, we'd be better off, which I strongly disagree with. Put a mediocre guy behind a great OL (assuming we'd even have that) and you aren't going to get a great offense. See Cowboys 2015 and the Browns when they had Joe Thomas, Mitchell Schwartz, and Alex Mack together for a few years. The 2016 Oakland Raiders looked like an offensive juggernaut behind an elite OL, but were crap as soon as Carr went down.

The problem is either they invested too heavily in defense (which I don't think they did, I loved our defense being historically great and wouldn't change that for the world) or they failed to build a competent OL and lacked quality depth at RB. I definitely think it's the latter. They had chances to sign guys like Schwartz to deals that look like steals right now, or draft guys like Cam Robinson who looked promising out of the gate, but decided to focus on taking on young, raw athletes and having Cable coach them up. Look how that worked out. That is what cost this team. It's baffling to me that people think the main problem is Russell Wilson's contract.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3e6er5my said:
Exactly.

While I agree and share your opinion on most things, I cant agree with you on Wilson. I truly believe he was handicapped for the first 3 quarters of every game due to a completely inept game plan from Bevell. The 4th quarter heroics is when the game plan gets thrown to the wayside out of necessity. Throw in our horrific line and lack of running game and I think that Russ has earned more accolades than he already receives.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not exactly showing your normal leadership Kam. But, a defensive player saying something like this is nothing new. They seem to feel like they are somehow above criticism. Maybe someone from the offense should tweet about how many times the D got torched last year. But they're not, because that's not what a team player should be doing. The D had an opportunity to finish the game vs. the Redskins, but didn't. They got flat out owned by the Rams (though missing a lot of guys). The Titans made the D look below average. The Texans went up and down the field at will on them etc. Yet you don't see offensive players calling anyone out. I love Kam, but this is pretty weak. Don't act like Sherm.....
The D gave up 33 to the Titans, 38 to the Texans, 34 to the Falcons, 30 to the Jags, 42 to the Rams and 26 to the Cards. The TEAM underachieved last year, not just the Offense. But yes, the O was painful to watch.
But is it possible to go one week w/out someone opening their pie hole on Twitter? This team should be sticking together, not throwing out stuff like this. It's not a big deal overall, but it seems like these guys spend more time calling out the Offense than worrying about themselves.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Good for Kam, if he's talking about the Seahawks. That offense was complete garbage, for 3 years straight. And we did nothing to improve. The defense was the only thing keeping us afloat last season. Almost all of our starters were injured on defense, the offense was mostly healthy, and yet our defense was the only thing working. There were times I thought we would be better off just punting on every first down.

Made me sick watching the Rams game. Perfect summary of this team and LA took full advantage.

Seattle's offense has been garbage since 2014. It was so frustrating watching the defense make stand after stand only to watch our offense give it back 3 plays later. I completely understand why the players would feel like that. I felt like that and I'm only a fan.

These homers here making excuses would be making excuses no matter what. If you think defense was the problem since Beast Mode left, you haven't been watching. Cuz it's pretty obvious what the problem has been and it wasn't the defense.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Russell Wilson and Doug Baldwin are the Seahawk offense. 2 players who are consistently producing. The fact that RW has to run for his life every play, it's tremendous that he is able to play every down and not missed any games since he's worn a Seahawk uniform.. If it was Brady, Ryan, Rodgers, were forced to play behind that OL, they would crumple to a fetal position or probably be done for the season.

We saw how the offense was before Wilson arrived. Don't want to experience that again. RW was a big factor in making it to the playoffs, winning a SB, and making it again the next year. Plus he led the team to playoffs each year. Also, they were few field goals short of making the playoffs again.

The Seahawks could have easily been 11-5 or 12-4 if they had a kicker worth his salt on the team. Unfortunately they didn't. Which was a huge mistake. However, it may have been a boon as if they did finish 11-5, 12-4, Cable and Bevell may still be here. So there's a silver lining here. The fact those two morons are gone is almost like a SB win, IMO.

Furthermore, the only plays called under the previous offensive coaches were vertical routes. Hopefully Schotty will add some more diverse plays to the playbook and keep the opposing defenses guessing.

adeltaY

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2o4j0uiz said:
Furthermore, the only plays called under the previous offensive coaches were vertical routes. Hopefully Schotty will add some more diverse plays to the playbook and keep the opposing defenses guessing.

From what I've seen and read, Schotty's offense relies even more on vertical routes than Bev's

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/2/12/17 ... ell-wilson

Doesn't mean it'll be bad, but if the OL isn't better it sounds like it'll be tough to execute. Really hope Schotty is good at adjusting to personnel and gameflow.

hawksmode

Reaction score
Is there a stat for being beat on 3rd and long over and over again...and bring up by 10 in the 4th qtr and losing?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The TEAM was bad quite often last year, not just the Offense. So, we are supposed to just act like the Defense is perfect, and never gives up leads and/or 30 plus points? If not, that makes us homers. Got it.
Nobody is claiming the Offense was good, they were pathetic, at least in the running game. But to ignore the fact that the Defense had some serious breakdowns in 2017? And having an opinion that the D hasn't been as perfect as they make themselves out to be = we haven't been watching? Thx for the morning laugh. I guess I wasn't watching when the Titans ran up and down the field and the D couldn't tackle anyone. Or the Falcons. Or the Jags. Or the Texans. Or the end of the Skins game when the Hawks it won. And much of that was WITH the Legion. Like someone mentioned, if Walsh didn't kill the team w/missed FG's they win 11 games. Obviously one they lost Kam/Cliff and Sherm, couldn't expect them to be near what they were. But, they were also getting torched at times WITH all those guys.
Win as a team, lose as a TEAM. Calling each other out doesn't help in the least. Oh well, we all look at it our own way. :irishdrinkers:

Ozzy

Reaction score
I love Kam but this is a bad look. I'm not even arguing if he's right or wrong but passive aggressive late night tweets make you look a little ridiculous. Here is my other problem. When these defensive players call out the whole offense they are including guys like Russ, Doug who are producing and pulling more than their weight. The system was garbage, the oline scouting and coaching was garbage, the lack of resources into the offense have been a problem and Pete's old school mentality and putting his finger on how the offense should run have been a problem so Kam really isn't wrong. I'm just not a huge fan of calling everyone out when not everyone is at fault on that side of the ball.

This isn't a huge deal of course but it does look a little odd for Kam to tweet that out now. Maybe he wants the team to invest more in the offense? We've removed two key pieces and haven't done much to replace them. We are supposed to be building around Russ but it doesn't seem like we are giving him the pieces he needs to succeed. Fluker and Arizona's 4th receiver isn't good enough and I liked both signings.

RCATES

Reaction score
For those claiming that there hasn't been current players or ex-Seahawk players who have called Wilson out here's another prime example staring you right in your damn face.

Ozzy

Reaction score
How is this a call out on Wilson? We've had players name specific people and never once is it Wilson. We've seen them critical of Pete and his role, we've seen them call out Bevell multiple times and we have ex players questioning Cable but not Wilson. I think your anti-Wilson bias is clouding your judgement. Even if I concede for sake of argument its common in NFL circles because of big egos and defensive players, or any player for that matter that isn't a QB to want more credit and to be jealous of the credit the QB gets(and in Wilson's case deserves).

I've actually seen Kam say multiple times that Wilson is one of the best in the league so your take on Kam's tweet is confusing.

Seymour

Reaction score
RCATES":2b1j00cn said:
For those claiming that there hasn't been current players or ex-Seahawk players who have called Wilson out here's another prime example staring you right in your damn face.

I'll gladly admit this if you can show some damn proof other than just deep seeded bias and hate toward Wilson. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts