Uh Oh [Kam Tweet]

rcaido

Reaction score
I wonder if Kam is going to hold out again....

toffee

Reaction score
keasley45":1d3gcmgs said:
Wenhawk":1d3gcmgs said:
Couple scenarios here

a. He is anti-Pete and thinks Jody needs to here it from someone who will speak the truth. JS is probably not going to go against Pete.

b. He is anti-Russ and believe Pete has protected him for too long. He knows Pete has rose colored glasses on and refuses to throw Russ under the bus because rule #1 Protect the Team.

And this post sums up what this board has become... really what this country has become. You're either on this side or the other side. Pick one.

Thats a failed position and one devoid of any critical thinking - and to the poster, that's not a criticism of you.

He could be offering criticism that isn't pro v anti anything but a thoughtful assessment of any number of things. You don't have to be pro Russ to have a criticism of PC anymore than you have to be anti Russ to have a criticism of #3s play.

But those are the box's that .net has been pushed to.

Well said, but the fact that Russ is on our team this season was Pete's decision and his alone. Chicago made an offer, signed off by both ownerships, both GM, and Russell Wilson. Pete's refusal made that deal fail, Russ is here because of Pete, at least according to this article. As one of the few advocates to trade Wilson last off-season, I am bewildered by Pete's decision.

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-b ... ls-emerge/

getnasty

Reaction score
No doubt Kam was a stud but not sure if he knows the first thing about running an organization. I willing to bet his opinion on what's going holds little to no weight with Jody and her advisors.

Chapow

Reaction score
toffee":2t9khyt8 said:
As one of the few advocates to trade Wilson last off-season, I am bewildered by Pete's decision.

Not sure why you would find it so bewildering when it says this right there in that article you posted.

In all honesty? That package is way smaller than expected. Wilson is going to be a Hall of Fame quarterback someday. He is still in his prime. Everybody felt the Seahawks could probably fetch three 1st round picks for him.

And this.

PETE IS 70. AND WHILE HE’S SPRY AND IN TERRIFIC HEALTH, HE’S STILL 70. AND HE HAS VETO POWER ON ALL ROSTER DECISIONS. THE WILSON TRADE NOT HAPPENING HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH CAP HITS. THE WILSON TRADE NOT HAPPENING HAD EVERYTHING TO DO WITH CARROLL NOT WANTING TO ENDURE A THREE-YEAR DEVELOPMENT PROCESS FOR A ROOKIE QUARTERBACK. HE BELIEVED HE, WITH WILSON AT THE HELM, HAD ONE MORE RUN IN THEM.

(sorry for the all caps. that is a direct copy/paste from the article)

Seems awfully clear why Pete made the decision he did. Not enough compensation, and not wanting to have to find a new QB. Not really sure how anyone could find that bewildering.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
toffee":2a6z0sqx said:
keasley45":2a6z0sqx said:
Wenhawk":2a6z0sqx said:
Couple scenarios here

a. He is anti-Pete and thinks Jody needs to here it from someone who will speak the truth. JS is probably not going to go against Pete.

b. He is anti-Russ and believe Pete has protected him for too long. He knows Pete has rose colored glasses on and refuses to throw Russ under the bus because rule #1 Protect the Team.

And this post sums up what this board has become... really what this country has become. You're either on this side or the other side. Pick one.

Thats a failed position and one devoid of any critical thinking - and to the poster, that's not a criticism of you.

He could be offering criticism that isn't pro v anti anything but a thoughtful assessment of any number of things. You don't have to be pro Russ to have a criticism of PC anymore than you have to be anti Russ to have a criticism of #3s play.

Well said, but the fact that Russ is on our team this season was Pete's decision and his alone. Chicago made an offer, signed off by both ownerships, both GM, and Russell Wilson. Pete's refusal made that deal fail, Russ is here because of Pete, at least according to this article. As one of the few advocates to trade Wilson last off-season, I am bewildered by Pete's decision.

Yeah, Pete has shown that he believes in his Franchise Quarterback, Russell Wilson....Imagine that.

keasley45

Reaction score
toffee":2jb0aduv said:
keasley45":2jb0aduv said:
Wenhawk":2jb0aduv said:
Couple scenarios here

Nice post. And that is unfortunate. Pete's strength is also his weakness. Undying loyalty.

We'd have been much better off taking that deal last year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
toffee":xn9r0k5y said:

This year is not last year.

Hard to blame Pete and John after going 12-4 to be optimistic about keeping the band together and trying to find more pieces to make a deep playoff run.

5-10 is a different story, and you can't just blame our current record on Russell's finger. 2-2 before he got hurt and and 2-5 after he came back.

That's being shortsighted.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2kxzp6oa said:
toffee":2kxzp6oa said:

This year is not last year.

Hard to blame Pete and John after going 12-4 to be optimistic about keeping the band together and trying to find more pieces to make a deep playoff run.

5-10 is a different story, and you can't just blame our current record on Russell's finger. 2-2 before he got hurt and and 2-5 after he came back.

That's being shortsighted.

Well the second half of last season was just continued this year, many here have said we are not trending in the right direction for around 5 years, we were lucky to maintain status quo and then immediately ousted in the playoffs with no improvement.

This is why there is a need to have an outside element that has a voice in the organization, Pete and Wilson's always positive mentality and or denial of issues is now hurting us, positivity is great when you're building and trending upwards, but it's a roadblock when you start to slide if you think you just have to work harder but do the same thing.

AgentDib

Reaction score
From everything we've heard Kam has a good relationship with the front office. He's been back many times over the years when he didn't need to be and even on the sidelines as a semi-permanently welcome guest. Compare that to Earl who left town immediately after the injury and never came back once.

HomerJHawk":152u16km said:
Scenario 3: He is ALL defense, and has some choice thoughts on how to right that ship.
I think this is the right answer personally. The defense has been playing well considering the limited amount of our cap space that it takes up, but it's still a far cry from the 2013 squad. I imagine defensive vets from that team see the new squad as wholly inferior and are frustrated that they aren't better.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
toffee":2lp9kuq0 said:
in the past couple of years, I always wonder why Kam was not offer a role in the organization, coach or whatever. I meant Kam is local, didn't move away, still showed interest in the team and a fan favorite. On the field, Kam showed high football IQ, seems to be a student of the game.

I always felt that Pete should have offer a role to Kam to stay in the organization.
He's been on the sidelines post retirement and pre-covid kind of mentoring. So he's still quasi attached that way, but covid has killed any non official associations with protocols being what they are

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
toffee":3nxtca6f said:
keasley45":3nxtca6f said:
Wenhawk":3nxtca6f said:
Couple scenarios here

I think JS has been ready to move on from Russell for at least since the last contract negotiations, if not longer.

LTH

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":2ondjiwx said:
toffee":2ondjiwx said:
keasley45":2ondjiwx said:
Wenhawk":2ondjiwx said:
Couple scenarios here

I think JS has been ready to move on from Russell for at least since the last contract negotiations, if not longer.

Why do you think that? Not saying i dis agree just wondering what makes you think that?

LTH

xray

Reaction score
Kam is my second favorite ' thug with class ' after Easley ; but I don't think he has that much weight around the organization to sway Jody . I'd rather have Steve Largent get her ear . She'd listen to him ! :D

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
LTH":2j434yeu said:
OrangeGravy":2j434yeu said:
toffee":2j434yeu said:
keasley45":2j434yeu said:

Why do you think that? Not saying i dis agree just wondering what makes you think that?

LTH
He was ready to pull the trigger on the Bears trade. He's the person that ultimately has to deal with Russell's agent and his nonsense. The rumors of him feeling out moving Russell a few year's ago suggest he's had idea buzzing around for a while

LTH

Reaction score
well we will find out soon enough if they are going to move russ it will be this offseason.. It seems to me to be the best time if they are going to do it...

LTH

John63

Reaction score
LTH":32p9rts1 said:
well we will find out soon enough if they are going to move russ it will be this offseason.. It seems to me to be the best time if they are going to do it...

LTH

This

if we trade him there is only 4 outcomes

1. we suck and he sucks
2. we suck and he is good to great
3. We do great and he does great
4. We do great and he sucks

To me, if they trade Wilson it is a rebuild.

All that aside trading him or not the subject will rage on as there will also ways be buts for either side to hang on to.

toffee

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":v5jab2of said:
toffee":v5jab2of said:
in the past couple of years, I always wonder why Kam was not offer a role in the organization, coach or whatever. I meant Kam is local, didn't move away, still showed interest in the team and a fan favorite. On the field, Kam showed high football IQ, seems to be a student of the game.

I always felt that Pete should have offer a role to Kam to stay in the organization.
He's been on the sidelines post retirement and pre-covid kind of mentoring. So he's still quasi attached that way, but covid has killed any non official associations with protocols being what they are

Haven't heard anything about the team offered an official role for Kam, be it coach, consultant or what not.

toffee

Reaction score
John63":245ltsgp said:
LTH":245ltsgp said:

LTH

This

1. we suck and he sucks

All that aside trading him or not the subject will rage on as there will also ways be buts for either side to hang on to.

After Russ' traded, thanks to the internet, you sir do not have to physically relocate, you could continue your role online. Guys on dot net shall miss ya, and you shall still be talked about years after you led your legion to wherever Russ cooks.

John63

Reaction score
toffee":1pv7k639 said:
John63":1pv7k639 said:
LTH":1pv7k639 said:

LTH

This

1. we suck and he sucks

After Russ' traded, thanks to the internet, you sir do not have to physically relocate, you could continue your role online. Guys on dot net shall miss ya, and you shall still be talked about years after you led your legion to wherever Russ cooks.

this is why you can't have a real discussion on this board.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":15cagm3u said:
toffee":15cagm3u said:
John63":15cagm3u said:
LTH":15cagm3u said:

LTH

This

1. we suck and he sucks

this is why you can't have a real discussion on this board.

We have seen this before, Siouxhawk anyone?