Kapadia dropping some knowledge

Anthony!

Reaction score
mrt144":z6afjxl8 said:
fridayfrenzy":z6afjxl8 said:
RolandDeschain":z6afjxl8 said:
fridayfrenzy":z6afjxl8 said:
Ratios should be factored in but so should cumulative stats. When Luck supporters want to argue they only use cumulative stats, when Wilson supporters want to argue they only use ratios.
That's because ratios are a far more accurate overall indicator...Cumulative statistics are largely pretty meaningless in the NFL.

Here, I'll prove my case to all the Luck knob-slobbering types right now; look at the top 25% of QBs based on total cumulative passing attempts and completions, then look at the top 25% of QBs on passing attempt-to-completion ratio.

Big difference in the list of names, and the better one isn't the cumulative list.

Gotta love the "my Ford Taurus is better than your Porsche 911 Turbo because I drive it more miles" crowd. :roll:

Agree to disagree.

I'll take the QB who throws for 40 TDs and 20 INTs over the QB who throws for 10 TD and 4 INTs.

I'll take the QB who throws for 5,000 yards at 63% completion vs the QB throwing for 3,800 and 68% completion.

You have to take the whole picture into account which the Luck vs Wilson arguments rarely do and in this case it is no different. The Seahawks beat writer is using ratios in a bias manner to prove his conclusion rather than trying to take everything into account.

Explain why.

Does not matter why since Luck ahs not completed 63% of his passes, and Wilson has thrown for way more than 10 tds. In this case using extremes to make a point that not factual. Taking the whole picture into account Wilson has been better period

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Russ 2 Super Bowls/Luck 0 Super Bowls..That solves it for me :D

mrt144

Reaction score
I just hate the entire concept that we shouldn't evaluate moslty on objective measures because the outcome suggests that its not even open for discussion. Instead we must rely on all these other subjective considerations so there is some basis to continue a conversation with no possible resolution.

themunn

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1f0jyk2o said:
MizzouHawkGal":1f0jyk2o said:
Why? Because he attempts more passes for meaningless yards while throwing too many interceptions which put his team behind so he just has to attempt even more passes? Nice for the fantasy football types but not for winning actual games.

I hate myself for willingly going back into this rabbit hole but LOL at this.

In his career Andrew Luck has trailed by double digits 24 times. In HALF of those games, he was down double digits after having the ball 1-2 times. He's thrown a total of 6 interceptions in those games.

The only time I can recall Russell Wilson being down 2 scores after having the ball once was against Carolina in the playoffs. For Andrew Luck its a regular occurrence.

There's 2 things very misleading about this statement.
1 - one of the reasons the Seahawks are very rarely down 2 scores with Wilson having had the ball 1 or 2 times (aside from a quality defense) is because under Wilson we've been exceptionally good at scoring to open games - in fact I think it may have been Wilson's rookie season where we scored in the opening drive of every single regular season game.
2 - the reason we were down 2 scores with one drive played by Seattle was because of Wilson's pick six on the opening drive - the kind of bad plays Luck has been making his whole professional career.