NFL Game Picks Ravens over Seahawks?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Baltimore Ravens 34, Seattle Seahawks 31

It is disarming to see a Ravens-Seahawks game as a matchup of top-five offenses and mediocre defenses. Lamar Jackson and Russell Wilson are the top two fantasy quarterbacks in the land, while Marquise Brown -- who missed last week's game but could return from an ankle injury vs. Seattle -- and D.K. Metcalf are two of the top three rookie receivers in yardage.

The end-of-days stuff continues with Earl Thomas heading to town in a visiting uniform, surely eager to salute Pete Carroll in a different manner than the last time he was in the stadium.

The Seahawks have played four games that came down to the final couple minutes this year and won all of them, a spate of luck that seems destined to run out.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -top-hawks

If any defense is prepared to handle someone like Lamar Jackon, it's Seattle. Lamar is a phenom, but he's been inconsistent, and I the trip out West might mess with his body clock.

Rat

Reaction score
Ravens are good, and we struggled with two AFC North teams worse than them. Definitely won't be an easy W. I think we'll win, but I'm not going to eviscerate anyone who thinks we don't pull this one out.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
What's your top upset pick for Week 7?

Matt Bowen, NFL writer: Ravens (+3.5) over Seahawks. Getting wide receiver Marquise Brown back in the mix will create more explosive-play opportunities for Baltimore, but this is still about the run game and play-action throws for quarterback Lamar Jackson on the road in Seattle.

Jackson has 42 rushing attempts in his past three games. Look for the designed-run concepts to create issues for the Seahawks' defense.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/ ... y-sleepers

Make Mychael Kendricks the Spy for Lamar. Problem solved...sorta. :p

chris98251

Reaction score
We played Kyle Murray, not Jacksons caliber of runner but a runner and we kind of kept him in check and he is a better passer.

Look for a similar situation, lots of underneath stuff open and us playing the odds and keeping in lanes.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
chris98251":g8b6q6ee said:
We played Kyle Murray, not Jacksons caliber of runner but a runner and we kind of kept him in check and he is a better passer.

Look for a similar situation, lots of underneath stuff open and us playing the odds and keeping in lanes.

Kyler is not a better passer than Lamar. Look at the yards per attempt. Lamar throws an incredible deep ball. T2 better be on his game Sunday -- Hollywood Brown is pretty electric.

Lamar also isn't a rookie.

Whether you subscribe to analytics or traditional stats our defense is not good. They are good at forcing turnovers. That could make a difference Sunday but if anyone is able to play Saints ball and not turn the ball over while taking advantage of our inability to get off the field on 3rd down. Then yes, the Ravens could win

xray

Reaction score
The Hawks defense is responsible for that pick . They haven't gained much respect yet .As far as Murray vs Jackson...The Hawks played Murray early on ..Murray was named NFC offensive player of the week last week ; but still a rookie. Jackson is playing like a veteran this season . I think the best QB overall we have faced so far .

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good, I love when they pick against the Hawks. This is gonna' be a great battle between two teams that haven't exactly played a tough schedule so far. Home field will be the difference imo.
But, the Hawks don't fear anyone. Hawks win a fairly close one. Doesn't matter how it looks, just get the win.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":rwdnf46u said:
chris98251":rwdnf46u said:

Kyler is not a better passer than Lamar. Look at the yards per attempt. Lamar throws an incredible deep ball. T2 better be on his game Sunday -- Hollywood Brown is pretty electric.

Whether you subscribe to analytics or traditional stats our defense is not good. They are good at forcing turnovers. That could make a difference Sunday but if anyone is able to play Saints ball and not turn the ball over while taking advantage of our inability to get off the field on 3rd down. Then yes, the Ravens could win

The Raven's could win?

That's really going out on a limb lol. We could have lost all our games. But we didn't.

Expecting us to be a heavy favourite in any game is ridiculous. We should be a slight favourite because we are at home, but our roster is mediocre and we win because we have Wilson and Carroll. That isn't going to lead to a lot of clear victories.

So I'm not going to even fuss about predictions this season and just try not to have a heart attack every week with these Cardiac Hawks.

Of course the Ravens could win and of course the Seahawks could win. We could contain Jackson or he could run all over us. Who knows. I'm just going to show up, bring my voice and cheer for our guys. Go Hawks.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":1qx999py said:
chris98251":1qx999py said:

If Brown plays, he hasn't practiced all week.

Seafan

Reaction score
It's a home game versus a 10:00am road game. However, it's a wet game and Carson, Wilson, our receivers, and our defenders have shown they play better in dry situations. Tough to say but I would think the Hawks would have a tougher time beating the Ravens in Baltimore at 10:00am but then there is the rain thing.

If it just came to a question of Lamar vs Russ I'd pick the Hawks. It's going to be interesting to see how the Hawk defense approaches this game. I'm glad Reed is back.

aawolf

Reaction score
Lamar Jackson is the best college player I've ever seen live in action. In college, I swear it seemed like the dude could do whatever he wanted. I think he's definitely shown that he is not as great in the NFL, but he's plenty talented to hit any WR on the field and take off on a run at any time. The key will be lots and lots of pressure to make him react quickly and not letting him get outside, which is easier said than done.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
How have the Seahawks played at home thus far?

1 - Barely beat a garbage Bengals team
2 - LOST to a Brees-less Saints
3 - Won because one of the best kickers in the league missed a game-winning kick.

So yeah, I wouldn't find it too insulting people outside of Seattle don't think the Hawks have this game in the bag.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
True, but the Ravens have beaten: Cincy (also BARELY beat them at home), Pitts, Zona and Miami. Meh. Also, they got smoked at home by the Browns.
The Saints haven't lost a game with Teddy 2 gloves in there this year.

I don't care who picks for us or against us, has zero bearing on the game. But to act like the Hawks haven't played anyone and that the Ravens are some great team? Nah, both teams are good but have plenty to prove.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
I think the return of REED will negate a couple TD's.
Tucker will make his FG's
Seahawks- 31-26

James in PA

Reaction score
This game makes me nervous. I wish we could win a nice blowout. But that’s not happening this week. It will be another nail biter. Would like to see us get our home dominance back. Please NO RAIN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I imagine this game will be similar to our last game against the Texans; a shootout, where Watson ran for his yards, made some great throws (Jackson may not be able to make some of them), and it was neck-and-neck the entire way. If we sell out to stop the run, and the QB, it'll leave some down-field plays open.

Pete's defensive philosophy can't stop everything. It will be interesting to see where our priorities are in terms of coverage and stacking the box.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I dont trust our defense at all. They can prove me wrong i hope. I hate rainy football weather when its your offense that carries you. I wish seahawks stadium did what mariners stadium did and could close for rain.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
5-1 for a reason, about to be 6-1. It's gonna' be fine, this is football. Nobody is afraid of a little rain.