Reaction score
Doug is 78.2% catch percentage, 5 TD
Jimmy Graham 72.9%, 4 TD
Tanner McEvoy 75.0% (3 out of 4 catches) 1 TD
Tyler Lockett 53.5%
Paul Richardson 54.2%
Jermaine Kearse 51.8%
Luke Willson 57.1%

I will agree Wilson have been off as of late. With 5 more games left hopefully they can get it sorted out and fix the offense. Doug and Jimmy are the only two guys who can catch any bad throws from Wilson it seems, they play at a higher level and never give up on the play.

What I've also notice throughout the season is that many of our receivers were so close to reaching the end-zones many many times, the problem is that they get tackled 5 yards before getting there. Once we are right there in the redzone we can't even punch it in instead opt for 3 points.

What use to be our redzone threat was Lynch and the fear of Wilson scrambling. This season there were numerous times where Wilson should of just done the read option to give us a better chance to score instead of passing and failing to get 6. I hope he runs it in more the rest of the way, think this offense needs it right now.

StoneCold

Reaction score
austinslater25":31fzf7lp said:
Siouxhawk":31fzf7lp said:
razor150":31fzf7lp said:
StoneCold":31fzf7lp said:
Need to see a gif of each one to really say whether it's good or bad. I've seen some pretty bad passes to him this year from Russ.

Russ has thrown bad passes to everyone, why would the majority only be bad for Kearse? Kearse is just flat out not performing.
But I think he's thrown a larger volume of passes in the red zone to Kearse due to the single coverage. But how many of those were uncatchable?

Meh watching Kearse there are a ton of balls he should of come down with that he doesn't even accounting for more targets causing more badly thrown balls. He's really not as good as the fan base thinks he is and that's understandable. We all probably overrate our own guys from time to time. I didn't like the signing when we did it and I like even less now. We need better from the #2.

I get the bracket coverage argument and I've even used it from time to time. It still seems odd we can't scheme him away from it at least occasionally. What were the Saints doing? He was just as big a threat there and I'm sure saw the same thing happening to him but they found a way to get in the ball in the red zone. He was the #1 red zone guy in the whole league with them and he has 1-2 in his time with the Seahawks. That seems like Bevell needs to find ways to get creative in getting him the ball.

Good point about Graham's use in NO and here. Hard to argue with those numbers.

Not sure you understand how this forum thing is supposed to work. :)

Point, counter point, flame. Please try harder in the future.

Largent80

Reaction score
Baldwin And Graham have the most TD's and that is appropriate to me.

They have to throw to other receivers to simply take advantage of the matchups. The majority of the throws Iv'e seen to Kearse have been high, low or out of bounds. Even the ones in the middle of the field have been off.

Russ isn't perfect all the time and in fact was dreadful against the #25 defense in the league on Sunday.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
How many others on here are getting tired (quickly) of just "piss poor" play the past two games. I'm ready for Jermaine to get serious about showing intensity on the field....like his job depended on it!!! :shock:

Largent80

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2ie3kcqh said:
How many others on here are getting tired (quickly) of just "piss poor" play the past two games. I'm ready for Jerome to get serious about showing intensity on the field....like his job depended on it!!! :shock:

Yup...Jerome needs to get it together.... :roll:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think Ronald Wilson will have a much better game as well. Especially at home.
Hoping they use Johnny Graham more too.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Seymour":3knxkx86 said:
Crizilla":3knxkx86 said:
only 10 TD catches for his career...wow....thought he had more for sure. Those 2 NFC title game catches though.....I say unleash p-rich....Kearse is better at setting up blocks though....btw none of this really matters if the o-line plays terrible. It all starts up front....

What????????
Of course it matters! In fact it matters even more since you will get less attempts with a crappy oline. You will need to make the most of those red zone targets, by NOT throwing to a sure drop receiver.

Bevell can get creative as much as he wants or try different receivers or even bench Kearse. If Wilson doesn't have the time nothing else matters. Others can't do their job sufficiently if there's no protection. Pass game is like 70% timing, the rest goes to accuracy and ability to catch. Every one of our o-linemen is graded below average or poor except Britt. Also, less attempts means smaller sampler size.

Largent80

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":c04vyccp said:
I think Ronald Wilson will have a much better game as well. Especially at home.
Hoping they use Johnny Graham more too.

I'm sure Mikehunt will do much better as well.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Stone I've gotten a little rusty the past couple of months but I'll do better moving forward :D

Seymour

Reaction score
Crizilla":2a0dx5we said:
Seymour":2a0dx5we said:
Crizilla":2a0dx5we said:
only 10 TD catches for his career...wow....thought he had more for sure. Those 2 NFC title game catches though.....I say unleash p-rich....Kearse is better at setting up blocks though....btw none of this really matters if the o-line plays terrible. It all starts up front....

What????????
Of course it matters! In fact it matters even more since you will get less attempts with a crappy oline. You will need to make the most of those red zone targets, by NOT throwing to a sure drop receiver.

Bevell can get creative as much as he wants or try different receivers or even bench Kearse. If Wilson doesn't have the time nothing else matters. Others can't do their job sufficiently if there's no protection. Pass game is like 70% timing, the rest goes to accuracy and ability to catch. Every one of our o-linemen is graded below average or poor except Britt. Also, less attempts means smaller sampler size.

Disagree. Wilson did not have time the entire Bucs game and we were in it down to the last 4 minutes. Every catch matters, especially red zone! And....even more so when the D keeps the other team to 10 or so points. Wilson can scramble too, you should watch him make throws on the run sometime. :roll:

scrummymustard

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3uoau0mb said:
mistaowen":3uoau0mb said:
Sgt. Largent":3uoau0mb said:
mistaowen":3uoau0mb said:
I don't understand why Jimmy hasn't been isolated out wide in the red zone, where Kearse has been, at all. I vaguely remember it happening once and I don't think he was thrown to. Jimmy's had a few passes down there but it's criminal seeing Kearse lined up isolated outside knowing it's a good look with wrong personnel.

Because teams don't allow Jimmy to be isolated anywhere, especially in the RZ. That's my point above.

When teams bracket and double cover your best receivers, your other receivers HAVE to make plays to stop that..........and Kearse doesn't.

Russell's been taught to read defenses and throw at the single coverage receiver, and that's Kearse 75% of the time. Why? Cause teams don't respect him anymore than we do, and they're right.

I agree they'll bracket him and that's cause he's kept in the middle third of the field or running horizontally. The Pats manage to scheme Gronk into 1 on 1s all the time. Gronk had a 1 on 1 against Kam to end the game. Many big time receivers get 1 on 1s in the red zone out wide. We should be able to do the same. If he's alone out wide, is the safety help really gonna shade that far over?

Even if they send help with Jimmy outside, that leaves a lot more open space in the middle. I truly don't remember many times we've tried to isolate him out wide, usually he's in the middle of some bunch formation letting Kearse get the 1 on 1 opportunity. Russ is correct to throw there, you'd assume that is a high potential play, but someone new needs to be in that spot.

Gronk is not a good comparison for Jimmy. Gronk's a big ol' wrecking ball that runs into LB's and safeties knocking them off him to create space and make plays.............Jimmy's more of a finesse TE that needs time to get out into his routes and use his athleticism to get open.

Hard to do in the RZ with other teams playing dime with 7-8 people out in coverage to double and triple team him.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still love to see Russell throw into that double coverage or bracket and let Jimmy try to make plays. But apparently Russell's not comfortable with that, he tries to go at the single cover receiver and play it safe.

In the red zone Gronk is a perfect example of Jimmy, especially inside the 10. They were putting up extremely similar numbers when Graham was in New Orleans. I have zero idea why Bevell doesn't watch tape of him in Nola and call similar plays.

He didn't miraculously forgot how to score touchdowns. The end zone targets he's had are few and far between. The few ones he's had have been circus catches, there is zero reason why he shouldn't get targeted at the minimum, once every new set of downs in the RZ.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Seymour":2xkv7nsn said:
Crizilla":2xkv7nsn said:
Seymour":2xkv7nsn said:
Crizilla":2xkv7nsn said:

What????????

Disagree. Wilson did not have time the entire Bucs game and we were in it down to the last 4 minutes. Every catch matters, especially red zone! And....even more so when the D keeps the other team to 10 or so points. Wilson can scramble too, you should watch him make throws on the run sometime. :roll:

The Bucs game specifically then Graham's fumble and Wilson's 3 or 4 terrible throws are to blame (besides the o-line of course). With all due respect, you can't really disagree with my position on the importance of o-line and timing. Most of the time you don't actually want your QB to run and scramble or throw on the run....it's awesome when he CAN do that....but most plays aren't designed that way...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scrummymustard":vmjkxdxf said:
He didn't miraculously forgot how to score touchdowns. The end zone targets he's had are few and far between. The few ones he's had have been circus catches, there is zero reason why he shouldn't get targeted at the minimum, once every new set of downs in the RZ.

Right, cause Brees throws the ball 50 times a game and doesn't care about taking risks in the RZ throwing into double coverage at Jimmy cause he knows he has 40 more attempts.

We have a QB that only throws the ball 20 times and has been coached up to not take risks on the RZ, rely on his defense and throw the ball away so we can kick a FG.

Again, I agree with you. I also wish Russell would just throw it to Jimmy more in the RZ, even if bracketed or double covered and see if he can make a play. But that's not how Russell is wired or coached.

Seymour

Reaction score
Crizilla":2sw4zjn1 said:
Seymour":2sw4zjn1 said:
Seymour":2sw4zjn1 said:
Crizilla":2sw4zjn1 said:
The Bucs game specifically then Graham's fumble and Wilson's 3 or 4 terrible throws are to blame (besides the o-line of course). With all due respect, you can't really disagree with my position on the importance of o-line and timing. Most of the time you don't actually want your QB to run and scramble or throw on the run....it's awesome when he CAN do that....but most plays aren't designed that way...

Read the highlighted green quote again!!!
That is what I disagree with that started this exchange. You say red zone drops don't matter if the oline plays terrible. Go read it again. Of course it matters!! :177692:

Crizilla

Reaction score
Seymour":2k1pbqfu said:
That is what I disagree with that started this exchange. You say red zone drops don't matter if the oline plays terrible. Go read it again. Of course it matters!! :177692:

I didn't say anything about red zone drops. Wasn't anywhere in my quote. I'm talking about moving Kearse around, using p-rich more, etc. Those things don't matter if our o-line plays terrible. I don't know the exact number of red zone drops Kearse has had this year. I know his numbers are down this year compared to last year for sure. His catch that didn't count at the end of the Saints game I think was an overthrow by Wilson.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Crizilla":o0q5blo0 said:
Seymour":o0q5blo0 said:

I didn't say anything about red zone drops. Wasn't anywhere in my quote. I'm talking about moving Kearse around, using p-rich more, etc. Those things don't matter if our o-line plays terrible. I don't know the exact number of red zone drops Kearse has had this year. I know his numbers are down this year compared to last year for sure. His catch that didn't count at the end of the Saints game I think was an overthrow by Wilson.

Richardson can't block, and isn't a dependable route runner like Kearse...........as we saw last weekend when he didn't square off his route and Russell got picked.

McEvoy is a better alternative, but he's been dinged up and is a rookie, so unfortunately Kearse is still our best flanker...............and move him around? He's not good in the slot cause he's terrible at getting separation, that's why he's always getting balls batted down in front of him on crossing routes.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
So, no one agrees with my Kearse theory, that he's the 4th read.. and by the time Wilson see's him, Wilson is scrambling like a mad man and has no chance to deliver a decent ball?

Gotta admit, some of those passes to Kearse, look nothing but like desperation heaves.

Seymour

Reaction score
Crizilla":24o56b7h said:
Seymour":24o56b7h said:

LOL....sure, whatever you say. You should re-read the post I originally quoted and possibly TRY reading the thread title again.
Zero indication that what you were "talking about" is written anywhere prior to your post.
Kearse is 0-9 RZ and yes it matters.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3ddwaicr said:
Richardson can't block, and isn't a dependable route runner like Kearse...........as we saw last weekend when he didn't square off his route and Russell got picked.

McEvoy is a better alternative, but he's been dinged up and is a rookie, so unfortunately Kearse is still our best flanker...............and move him around? He's not good in the slot cause he's terrible at getting separation, that's why he's always getting balls batted down in front of him on crossing routes.

Yeah I can think of ways to get Kearse more involved even if I worry about execution but you'll find yourself at the same conclusion each time, which is we need better protection. I believe in Kearse in big games...he steps up.

Latest posts