Keeanu Benton, NT, Wisconsin

BASF

Reaction score

SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS​

• Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
  • Benton has pure power, which is emphasized by a good pad level. Benton can stand up at the point of attack and handle double teams, and Benton also has the ability to drive blockers back into the pocket with a bull rush.
  • Delivers a strong punch and uses his hands to shed blocks to make plays in the hole or outside the box. Uses lower-body strength to anchor inside..
  • Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
  • He’s long but has a powerful lower body and plays with impressive leverage considering his tall frame.

SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES​

• Benton doesn’t have a lot of suddenness to his game, and Benton won’t wreck plays on a regular basis.
  • He’s squat and short, and he will have a tough time warding off blockers as a pass rusher.
  • Plays too high at times, and gets carried downfield or put to the ground by better lineman when losing the leverage battle.
DRAFT PROJECTION: 4TH POSITION RANK: #27

Edited to remove a repeated line. ivotuk

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
There are three guys that I have been focusing on in the 2023 draft from the NT perspective - aforementioned Benton, Siaki Ika, and Mazi Smith.
Siaki Ika highlights -

Mazi Smith highlights -

I think any of these guys would upgrade the NT depth.

12forlife

Reaction score
There are three guys that I have been focusing on in the 2023 draft from the NT perspective - aforementioned Benton, Siaki Ika, and Mazi Smith.
Siaki Ika highlights -

Mazi Smith highlights -

I think any of these guys would upgrade the NT depth.

I'd prefer Mazi Smith. Him paired with Tyree Wilson, and go get Daron Paine! We would then potentially have the best young d-line in the league!

Grahamhawker

Reaction score

SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS​

• Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
  • Benton has pure power, which is emphasized by a good pad level. Benton can stand up at the point of attack and handle double teams, and Benton also has the ability to drive blockers back into the pocket with a bull rush.
  • Delivers a strong punch and uses his hands to shed blocks to make plays in the hole or outside the box. Uses lower-body strength to anchor inside..
  • Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
  • He’s long but has a powerful lower body and plays with impressive leverage considering his tall frame.

SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES​

• Benton doesn’t have a lot of suddenness to his game, and Benton won’t wreck plays on a regular basis.
  • He’s squat and short, and he will have a tough time warding off blockers as a pass rusher.
  • Plays too high at times, and gets carried downfield or put to the ground by better lineman when losing the leverage battle.
DRAFT PROJECTION: 4TH POSITION RANK: #27

Edited to remove a repeated line. ivotuk
Rare type when as a strength he's long and has good leverage considering his tall frame, yet as a weakness he's short and squat. Could definitely confuse opposing blockers.

Last edited: