Keith Price

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":113r5r8c said:
I too have a feeling they're saving Price for some wildcat-type plays, or as a PR or WR. Why even bring him in here otherwise?

I think the coaches just knew what to expect and are comfortable with him. I'm sure they saw Price up close and personal many times while playing at UW. Price is also familiar with the type of offense they're running and has been mentored by RW the last couple of years.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Normally I dont like keeping 3 QBs because I think if youre down to your 3rd QB it doesnt matter anyway, youre going to lose. But this year Id possibly be ok with it. Wilson, TJack, and Pryor.. in our offense and with our D, Pryor is a .500 QB as well, and who knows if they can coach him up higher.

Maybe Price gets a practice squad ride for a year and next year is the 3rd QB with Pryor being the #2 but who knows. If Price wasnt a UW product people would be calling him a camp arm. Thats not hate, thats just reality. Im not a UW fan but when I was over for watching Hawk games I liked what I saw of him in Husky games. I just dont see him as an NFL QB at this point. But lets see what magic our coaching staff can work. Im most excited to see what they do with Pryor. If Pryor has the right attitude to take advantage of his situation this could be good..he wasnt a supplemental draft pick here, no expectations no spotlight on him. Just go to work son, copy Wilson's work ethic and listen to the staff. Learn to be a passer, not a thrower.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I'm not a UW fanatic but follow them peripherally. Despite the obvious measurables, but rather looking at pure production, it amazes me how much UW fans idolize Jake Locker yet barely tolerate Price. I never believed Locker would amount to much in the NFL. Price just seemed like an upgrade in terms of production after the deity Locker.

Largent80

Reaction score
Pryor required a draft pick, albeit a 7th rounder, so he would more than likely get a 3rd spot if there is a 3rd spot. I am more inclined to think we keep an extra player elsewhere....WR, DB, D-Line, O-line.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Largent80":2fdo173q said:
Pryor required a draft pick, albeit a 7th rounder, so he would more than likely get a 3rd spot if there is a 3rd spot. I am more inclined to think we keep an extra player elsewhere....WR, DB, D-Line, O-line.

Incorrect. The best player will win the position regardless of how they were acquired or how much money they are due.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Largent80":1sav0y5z said:

FWIW.. towards the end of the year they kept 3 QB's on the roster. Mainly because they didn't want to lose BJ Daniels.

Designtime

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":39nrfsst said:
I'm not a UW fanatic but follow them peripherally. Despite the obvious measurables, but rather looking at pure production, it amazes me how much UW fans idolize Jake Locker yet barely tolerate Price. I never believed Locker would amount to much in the NFL. Price just seemed like an upgrade in terms of production after the deity Locker.
It is true. Sark and his disciples successfully made Price the scapegoat for UW's lack of wins against good programs. Price is statistically one of the best quarterbacks in Husky history. I am fine with people arguing that there were better qb's in UW history, but many of the ones saying he was terrible were brainwashed by the propaganda machine. Not talking about posters here of course! :)

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
What makes Jake Locker so awesome to UW fans but Kieth Price... just not good enough?

Price > Locker

In college and soon to be NFL even if it takes a couple years.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Locker>Price

Jake was a tough SOB who played through injuries, willed his talentless teams to victory, an came up with cluth plays on 3rd down or in the 4th quarter.

Price has had some of the most talented skill position players UW has ever seen and was in system that allowe him to put up great numbers. Price's sophmore year I truley believed he was = to RG3 but it became obvious he is not that athletic, his knees are shot, he has good touch but does not have a strong arm, and when he gets under pressure he makes costly mistakes.

Locker put the team on his back and won games they weren't suppose to win, Price stooped to his competition and collapsed against more talented teams.

Price is a great kid who and I'm rooting for him, I even hope he can be on the Practice squad for a year or two, but I don't think he is anywhere near the talent Pryor is and will have to get very lucky to make the 53 man roster.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1wkh0gh3 said:
Price has had some of the most talented skill position players UW has ever seen and was in system that allowe him to put up great numbers.

Locker played in the same system as a senior that Price played in as a sophomore.

IMO, Price was a much better college quarterback than Locker. However, Locker was clearly a better overall athlete, which I guess made him a much more promising NFL prospect. Anyway, I agree with others that it's kind of astounding the benefit of the doubt he receives in Seattle in comparison to Price.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Husky fans love locker because he came to our program at a time when it was at it's lowest. He didn't have to. Many top colleges were recruiting him. He came, gave his best efforts, and helped to turn things around at UW.

That's why I like Montlake Jake.

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1d7j5e0i said:
Would be AWESOME if I am wayyyyy off on the guy though. I just don't see it. I think BJ Daniels has a lot more upside than Pryor or Price.
Honest question: How much football have you seen BJ Daniels play? Film or live, either one.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Keith Price – There are four quarterbacks ahead of him in the rotation when the vets are around – Wilson; former starter and incumbent backup Tarvaris Jackson; Terrelle Pryor, who was acquired last month in the trade with the Oakland Raiders; and B.J. Daniels, who spent most of last season on the practice squad. But over the weekend, the QB wearing No. 1 was No. 1, and Price displayed touch, accuracy and recognition skills. “He did a very good job,” Carroll said of the rookie free-agent addition. “And it looks like he can help us.”

Vetamur

Reaction score
I understand affection for a hometown athlete..but people saying Price is better than Locker? Someone who went #8 overall ..vs. someone who didnt even get drafted? The Titans reached for Locker, but he was going to go in the first round regardless. 32 teams scouting departments disagree with you. Who knows..maybe Price shocks the world but I think some people are struggling to be objective. Hes seen clearly as a project right now obviously.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Vetamur":4lede25i said:
I understand affection for a hometown athlete..but people saying Price is better than Locker? Someone who went #8 overall ..vs. someone who didnt even get drafted? The Titans reached for Locker, but he was going to go in the first round regardless. 32 teams scouting departments disagree with you. Who knows..maybe Price shocks the world but I think some people are struggling to be objective. Hes seen clearly as a project right now obviously.

The entire premise of this post doesn't even make sense since Locker is actually the true hometown product, not Price.

Anyway, as far as their relative draft stocks, I think we'd all agree that Locker came out of school with athletic gifts that made him an intriguing prospect and that Price's slight frame and lingering injuries make him a huge question mark at the pro level. None of that really speaks to how each actually performed as a college quarterback.

I'm far from a Price cheerleader. I think he'll be lucky to catch on at this level for multiple years. Just stating what's obvious if you look at the numbers or watched them both play objectively.

gulliver

Reaction score
Price seems like a good kid and I wish him the best, but as a WSU fan I was only too happy to watch the kid play in the Apple Cup. Nobody makes more disastrous decisions under pressure. It was a team loss, but he was really the biggest culprit in WSU's 2012 win in Pullman, with multiple desperation-shovel-passes leading to game-changing turnovers. Russell knows when to take the sack--or is at least a better improviser.

drrew

Reaction score
The piece of this that none of us have any idea on is how Keith Price is in the film room. If he made the squad, as 3rd QB or PS or a combo of the two, a huge part of his role and the (role of any back-up or 3rd string QB) will be sitting with Russell for some ungodly number of hours per week looking at film and deciphering defenses.

Maybe that's something he's great at...we don't really know.

As far as him getting on the field, if everything went right for him, he's got #2 QB upside in this league. He's a long way from that point, and if his knees don't get better he'll never reach that point, but to claim he's a bum is just stupid. He was an above average college QB playing behind a severely below average college line and as an UDFA likely looking at the practice squad this season at best, he's right where he should be.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ChrisB Bacon":3n1bdulh said:
Hasselbeck":3n1bdulh said:
Would be AWESOME if I am wayyyyy off on the guy though. I just don't see it. I think BJ Daniels has a lot more upside than Pryor or Price.
Honest question: How much football have you seen BJ Daniels play? Film or live, either one.

As a gambler.. quite a bit.

Kid has talent. His team did not. USF was largely terrible.

Can't say the same about Washington.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Locker was a football player, could've played many positions but he was a good QB, not going to deny that. I just think Price was better as a passer

A lot of things happened at UW to Price that might've killed any hopes of a football career that he had, the Oline situation, the year in and year out coming up short and having average seasons.

That being said, all those things should let us know who Price really is. If things go right for him, he could have a nice 3-5 year career as a 3 and maybe even a 2 in this league, but I don't think it ever reaches a point where people look at him like "hey we can trade for this guy or sign him and he can be our starter"

Kid might have a helluva future in coaching though, I can see that in him.

Latest posts