Keith Price

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
^^^^ I can see it now...

"I would like to announce the new Head Coach of the T.C. William (HS) Titans, Kieth Price!"

HawkWow

Reaction score
Throwdown":36c6uk2d said:
Locker was a football player, could've played many positions but he was a good QB, not going to deny that. I just think Price was better as a passer

A lot of things happened at UW to Price that might've killed any hopes of a football career that he had, the Oline situation, the year in and year out coming up short and having average seasons.

That being said, all those things should let us know who Price really is. If things go right for him, he could have a nice 3-5 year career as a 3 and maybe even a 2 in this league, but I don't think it ever reaches a point where people look at him like "hey we can trade for this guy or sign him and he can be our starter"

Kid might have a helluva future in coaching though, I can see that in him.

^ Say no more. I am a HUGE Locker fan, with family members very close to him (his whole life), but in no way shape or form was he a better pure QB than Price. People fell in love with his arm strength and physical attributes. If Bruce Irvin could throw a ball 70 yards, would that make him a great QB? Jake could throw a ball 70 yards, especially if his receivers were 50 yards down field. His lofty draft position was pure insanity...though I am extremely happy he got paid.

Price and Locker couldn't be more opposite as QBs. Yes, I feel Price is naturally the better QB, but does lack the physical attributes to make it in this league, imo. In a way, similar to Mike Vick, it's just too damn bad Locker was dead set on being a QB. Both he and Vick could have been so much more at different positions, IMO. Go Dawgs.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I mean all UW fans should love em both. For a long time Jake was our glimmer of hope and happiness, and Price set records for us, matched blow for blow with RGIII and all that. I love em both to death, it's a shame to a see Jake have the problems he's had though.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. It wasn't Jake's fault he got saddled with the "Savior" and "Golden boy" talk. The Seattle newspaper doing a full page lay out of him calling him "the chosen one" (or whatever it was) added a pressure most kids from Ferndale would have a hard time with, especially mild mannered, unassuming Jake. And Price? I'd go to war with the kid any day. Whether he makes our team or not, I am glad he's getting a shot and I'd take him over Pryor right now...just because.

A poster above pointed out several of his transgressions, the fumbles vs Wazzu, in particular. He pissed me off more than once, but I've not forgot the craptastic line he had, nor the consequential injuries. I was saddened to see him go from superstar UW QB (which is saying a lot) to playing obviously scared in one short year. Homerism aside, I believe the wisdom of Wilson (the chosen one, lol) can re-install the confidence in Price that allowed him to smash record after record at QB-U.

I won't be stunned if he ends up #2 behind Wilson. For one, Tjack can handle, yes, but we're screwed if Wilson goes down, anyway (imo). Tjack is making small change, but every bit is going to count going forward. I don't know a helluva lot about BJ, but I doubt he's any better than Price. I know all I need to know about Pryor. Plus, he's on a one year deal and wants a starting gig. IMO, this competition should come down to BJ and Price for the 2 spot. Both young, cheap and (relatively) mobile. I like Keith's chances.

seanutz

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2b8055w0 said:
My prediction is that Keith Price will be the 3rd QB come September for the Seahawks. He will make the final roster. I have a very strong feeling on this. I think he can do everything that Daniels can. I believe they release Daniels some time this summer. They bring in 4 QBs to TC- Wilson, Jackson, Pryor, and Price. Pryor gets traded or released after the preseason (by final roster date).
:13: :0190l:

HawkWow

Reaction score
This thread has inspired e to spend my evening watching U-Dub games. First up: Zona in the rain. ...and here we go, Zona will start from their own 25.

Wooohooo, INT Parker and here comes Keith Price. ; )...COMPLETE to Mickens for 15. Price rolls, out...hits (my man) Kasen Williams.TD Price to Smith! Great presence behind the line by the scrambling Price. Very Wilson-esque.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Price had a lot of Wilson in his game this past season, he was kind of a treat to watch with the up tempo offense n stuff.

GAHHH FOOTBALL SEASON CAN'T GET HERE SOON ENOUGH, I miss my Hawks & Dawgs :(

HawkWow

Reaction score
I hear that braddah!. And while there may be a couple throws Price will have to work on (before success at the next level), he throws a 50 yd rope to Smith that should have been a TD (had Smith kept his feet). Unsure of our QB situation, but I sure look forward to the Peterson era, as I do the next great Dawg RB. Washington maybe?

kpak76

Reaction score
Vetamur":1jt3ky5c said:
I understand affection for a hometown athlete..but people saying Price is better than Locker? Someone who went #8 overall ..vs. someone who didnt even get drafted? The Titans reached for Locker, but he was going to go in the first round regardless. 32 teams scouting departments disagree with you. Who knows..maybe Price shocks the world but I think some people are struggling to be objective. Hes seen clearly as a project right now obviously.

Ah yes, becuase the draft is the end all of talent evaluation right?

kpak76

Reaction score
HawkWow":1xe629qm said:
Throwdown":1xe629qm said:
Locker was a football player, could've played many positions but he was a good QB, not going to deny that. I just think Price was better as a passer

A lot of things happened at UW to Price that might've killed any hopes of a football career that he had, the Oline situation, the year in and year out coming up short and having average seasons.

That being said, all those things should let us know who Price really is. If things go right for him, he could have a nice 3-5 year career as a 3 and maybe even a 2 in this league, but I don't think it ever reaches a point where people look at him like "hey we can trade for this guy or sign him and he can be our starter"

^ Say no more. I am a HUGE Locker fan, with family members very close to him (his whole life), but in no way shape or form was he a better pure QB than Price. People fell in love with his arm strength and physical attributes. If Bruce Irvin could throw a ball 70 yards, would that make him a great QB? Jake could throw a ball 70 yards, especially if his receivers were 50 yards down field. His lofty draft position was pure insanity...though I am extremely happy he got paid.

Price and Locker couldn't be more opposite as QBs. Yes, I feel Price is naturally the better QB, but does lack the physical attributes to make it in this league, imo. In a way, similar to Mike Vick, it's just too damn bad Locker was dead set on being a QB. Both he and Vick could have been so much more at different positions, IMO. Go Dawgs.

What does Price lack physically? Tom Brady wasn't exaclty a combine wonder and he turned out OK.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":58ngu2jn said:
I'm just saying, there are reasons he went undrafted and wasn't even invited to the combine. Simply put, he's not that good a quarterback.

Again.. if Keith Price played at Bowling Green or Colorado State or something... no one would be excited about the guy. The fact he's an ex-Husky doesn't mean he will pan out at the next level.

And before someone jumps in and goes "Baldwin and Kearse were UDFA's!!!!!1111oneoneoneone" .. the amount of successful NFL QB's who went undrafted is a very very very very small percentage.

Would be AWESOME if I am wayyyyy off on the guy though. I just don't see it. I think BJ Daniels has a lot more upside than Pryor or Price.
And there were reasons doug baldwin was drafted? And Jermaine Kearse wasn't drafted? Right?

HawkWow

Reaction score
kpak76":3f2wc6mg said:
HawkWow":3f2wc6mg said:
Throwdown":3f2wc6mg said:

What does Price lack physically? Tom Brady wasn't exaclty a combine wonder and he turned out OK.

I know you know this but Keith is a shade bigger than Paul Richardson. The guy most are concerned about in regards to his size. After his sophomore campaign, I recall Price was "in the weight room, eating right and going to come in heavier". I believe all that was true, but I think he showed up at 180 lbs. That is worrisome. Brady was a few inches taller but spent little time in the gym attempting to gain size while at Michigan, still he was drafted low, but apparently someone saw something in him. If it matters, I think Price was better at U-Dub than Brady was at Big Blue. So there's that. But even f he can come in at 190, that would have to make him the slightest QB in the league (I could be wrong).

Will he be able to overcome that? I sure hope so, whether with us or someone else, I will be a lifetime fan of Keith Price.

Threedee

Reaction score
Steve Sarkesian's strength is his ability to recruit talent. He is nowhere near the level of coach that Chris Petersen and Pete Carroll are once they have the talent around them. The fact that Sark spotted him and made Price the Huskies starting QB says a lot about the guy. Now lets see what a superior coach can do. I think Sark is about to learn that coaching USC to victory is a lot harder than it looks, regardless of how much easier the recruiting process is.

kpak76

Reaction score
HawkWow":1wuhfxkd said:
kpak76":1wuhfxkd said:
HawkWow":1wuhfxkd said:
Throwdown":1wuhfxkd said:

I know you know this but Keith is a shade bigger than Paul Richardson. The guy most are concerned about in regards to his size. After his sophomore campaign, I recall Price was "in the weight room, eating right and going to come in heavier". I believe all that was true, but I think he showed up at 180 lbs. That is worrisome. Brady was a few inches taller but spent little time in the gym attempting to gain size while at Michigan, still he was drafted low, but apparently someone saw something in him. If it matters, I think Price was better at U-Dub than Brady was at Big Blue. So there's that. But even f he can come in at 190, that would have to make him the slightest QB in the league (I could be wrong).

Will he be able to overcome that? I sure hope so, whether with us or someone else, I will be a lifetime fan of Keith Price.

Are you saying that Price showed up at 180 or Richardson showed up at 180? Price played at the UW around 205 lbs and is a shade taller than Drew Breesus. So if he gained weight, he wouldn't have shown up in minicamp at 180. Price and Breesus are pretty much close to the same build also. Also we of all cities should be the last people to throw size as a qulaifying factor when evaluating QB's, look at our starter for Petes sakes. I thought I heard he showed up around 210+ but that could be me making stuff up in my mind.

The other limitations I heard he had was his arm strenght. He showed he had the arm in his pro day when his first pass was completed and the ball traveled for 60 yards to get to the reciever.

IMO the biggest limitations he might have is he might not be completely healthy. He took a lot of knocks over the 3 years he started at UW and played behind some of the worst lineplay that Huskie football has seen. There where times defenders where in the backfield when the ball was snapped. He dinged up his shoulder pretty bad and he sounds like he is healed from it but you never do know with those things. Price imo has all the talent to make it in the NFL, his biggest question mark will be if his body can hold up to the NFL however.

Latest posts