Kellen Davis

seabowl

Reaction score
I think if we would have lost yesterday Kellen Davis would have been a topic of discussion today. When we signed him I read that many Bears fans thought he was terrible and after yesterday's penalty spree by him I am thinking we may need to find someone else. Also I really want the team to try and get Luke Wilson more involved. It seemed that Miller was our only TE option in the passing game and he was used lightly.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Gotta agree. I think the handling of the TE spot this preseason is one spot where the FO flubbed it a bit. You can't tell me that Sean McGrath wouldn't be performing better for us than Kellen Davis is.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
volsunghawk":pwiqo5bu said:
Gotta agree. I think the handling of the TE spot this preseason is one spot where the FO flubbed it a bit. You can't tell me that Sean McGrath wouldn't be performing better for us than Kellen Davis is.

McGrath had a huge day yesterday.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
McGrath > Davis and many others that made the team, but honestly, I doubt he would have much impact for us. He's only had a chance in KC because (two?) of their TE's that are out.

TwilightError

Reaction score
He has had two catches and how many penalties? It does not look good for him.

King Dog

Reaction score
I was going to make a thread about him last night but didn't want to pee in everyone's Cheerios.

This guy needs to pull his head out or he's gone. He may already be on his way out this week.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Sturm":sdlfan8o said:
I still don't get why they waived McGrath.

Because he's not a NFL caliber TE...at least that's what one .Net poster said.

I didn't understand why we released him either.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
I liked McGrath as well and didn't understand the release. I suspect Davis has shown something, some skill that they like that perhaps we haven't seen yet. Remember Mckoy's stone hands a couple years ago, a lot of folks were saying cut him loose. He managed to make the corrections and had a pretty decent year last season. Lets just hope Davis learns from these mistakes and takes a step forward.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
They got too cute with the whole Mike Person experiment. Cutting McGrath was a poor personnel decision. There's no other way to slice it.

At the end of the day, you're talking about a #3 TE, though, so whatever. They must like something about Davis since he gets on the field. He's already been more visible than Evan Moore ever was last year.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
seabowl":34t9b33p said:
I think if we would have lost yesterday Kellen Davis would have been a topic of discussion today. When we signed him I read that many Bears fans thought he was terrible and after yesterday's penalty spree by him I am thinking we may need to find someone else. Also I really want the team to try and get Luke Wilson more involved. It seemed that Miller was our only TE option in the passing game and he was used lightly.
Really? I think in the long run he was mostly a non-factor. The OC play calling had more of a factor on the ineffectiveness of the offense than Davis' mistakes. Tho I will say they should have kept McGrath. But can't do anything about it now.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
McGrath has been doing great in KC. Terrible decision to waive him. Even this front office blows it from time to time. Most Bears fans I heard from said that the issue with Davis is the dropsies. So far we have seen a case of the penalties.

sliv

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1byv5a1r said:
They got too cute with the whole Mike Person experiment. Cutting McGrath was a poor personnel decision. There's no other way to slice it.

At the end of the day, you're talking about a #3 TE, though, so whatever. They must like something about Davis since he gets on the field. He's already been more visible than Evan Moore ever was last year.

Yep I bet it was something like that, tried to get too cute. The McGrath thing bothered me at the time and yesterday when I see Davis melting down then look at the scroll to see McGrath 5 rec for 64 yards and a td, knowing that he is a good blocker. Anybody that has half a brain and pays attention to Seahawk football was very comfortable with Sean McGrath as our 3rd TE. The cut to 53 really tough and in Pete and John I trust but I wonder if you were to ask them today if they would rather have Davis or McGrath what would they say.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
This would be the guy I think goes to make space for Irvin unless he has some crazy upside or Miller's panzer fishyeyes is getting worse.