Kendricks eligible to play again Week 14

slateman77

Reaction score
That's great news..!! Hate how Goodell gets to play God of the NFL... :pukeface:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, the sentences for certain things do not line up that's for sure. Loves flexing his muscles.
If Kendricks was a Steeler, Cowboy or Patriot, he MIGHT get 4 games. Along w/an apology from the league for the inconvenience. Screw it, the more I think about it, 8 games is BS

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":35q2eo0x said:
Mad Dog":35q2eo0x said:
Glad to see that stealing from rich white men isn't a harsher penalty than beating a woman. Still will have to do his jail time as penance which is only appropriate. But as a football fan, I don't really give a rat's butthole about this kind of crime. Hurting the defenseless is one thing. Getting some cash off some illegal stock tips, hell, half the owners in the league have probably made money off knowing things others didn't. Just smart enough not to get caught.

Anyway, he does make our LB suddenly a crazy deep group with Wagner/Wright/Mingo/Kendricks all really solid players.

Makes depth at CB and DE are only real defensive concern.

Maybe, and maybe not. I've read both, and there are those that believe that since this was a first offense, and he was lead into this by another person, that he may get off with probation.

We might have scored here big time. It was certainly worth the signing to see.
Just to add: Not only is it his first offence and he was lead into it, but the important thing is that he also repaid the money. I could see the courts going light on him. I wonder if they would take the 8-game suspension and related loss of income into consideration as well.

sutz

Reaction score
I won't argue the fairness of it, and I wish it was "time served" but I'll take it. Getting him back for the stretch drive sounds like a real positive. He played well for us, and since we gave him his chance he should be thankful and play all the harder.

Hard to trust the legal system, but white collar crimes generally don't generate harsh penalties. He might just get off with probation based on the amount of cooperation with prosecutors he's done.

Overall, good news that he'll be back this year. :2thumbs:

cjcinec56

Reaction score
What about his legal jeopardy. Will he get out of jail on Sunday to play and then head back to prison after the game. Bad optics here. Kendrick’s knowingly broke a federal law.Seahawks don’t need him.

sutz

Reaction score
cjcinec56":j7jpz4mb said:
What about his legal jeopardy. Will he get out of jail on Sunday to play and then head back to prison after the game. Bad optics here. Kendrick’s knowingly broke a federal law.Seahawks don’t need him.
Good luck with that logic. :laugh:

Kendricks faces trial in Jan/Feb IIRC. We'll see then if he does "hard time" or not. He's not in jail.

Nice try, though. :34853_doh:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Seahawks don't need him? Um, he's a hell of a linebacker that makes the team better. They certainly do need him. And he fit in nicely.

chris98251

Reaction score
cjcinec56":19ywmffq said:

Obviously lost money because of Kendricks and would crucify a person for hedging a Stock option versus beating and drugging and raping women.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
The man has already paid enough for this crime.
As far as I'm concerned:

Free Kendricks NOW.

Chapow

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":26t79r7m said:
Seymour":26t79r7m said:
Mad Dog":26t79r7m said:
Glad to see that stealing from rich white men isn't a harsher penalty than beating a woman. Still will have to do his jail time as penance which is only appropriate. But as a football fan, I don't really give a rat's butthole about this kind of crime. Hurting the defenseless is one thing. Getting some cash off some illegal stock tips, hell, half the owners in the league have probably made money off knowing things others didn't. Just smart enough not to get caught.

Anyway, he does make our LB suddenly a crazy deep group with Wagner/Wright/Mingo/Kendricks all really solid players.

Makes depth at CB and DE are only real defensive concern.

Maybe, and maybe not. I've read both, and there are those that believe that since this was a first offense, and he was lead into this by another person, that he may get off with probation.

We might have scored here big time. It was certainly worth the signing to see.
Just to add: Not only is it his first offence and he was lead into it, but the important thing is that he also repaid the money. I could see the courts going light on him. I wonder if they would take the 8-game suspension and related loss of income into consideration as well.

My understanding is that he has also been extremely cooperative with prosecutors and investigators.

I get that he committed a crime, but all evidence points to him doing literally everything in his power to take responsibility for what he did and to make it up for it as much as a person can make up for something like this.

I'm at the point where I'm kind of wondering what purpose jail time would serve in this particular situation.

knownone

Reaction score
It's kind of baffling that he's getting a more severe term of punishment than Ray Rice got for KOing his girl on video. I know that's an overused cliche that gets thrown around any time someone gets suspended but having worked in the financial industry for years I'd be surprised if Kendricks even goes to prison. I know insider trading is not a victimless crime but from a purely economic standpoint, the effects of Kendricks insider trading is almost non-existent. It's weird, Michael Vick went to prison for 18 months and the NFL suspended him for 2 games. All 3 guys admitted their guilt and the only guy who not only can but has already rectified the crime he committed is the guy who gets the most severe punishment. It's hard for me to wrap my head around the logic here.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Ray Lewis murdered someone...got away with it by ratting on his pals and became an american hero. Kendricks is a white collar crime. Imo 8 games is fair

Seafan

Reaction score
cjcinec56":wmnq7n0m said:

What difference does it make if it is a fed law or a local law? Many in our fed govt have openly violated fed laws and will never be subject to justice.

No bad optics. Bad optics is keeping a DWIers or a legit abuser/assaulter on your roster.

Seahawks can always use an All Pro caliber defender for depth.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
1. Federal trumps local law. The law itself treats Federal law as more serious.

2. AFAIK he hasn't paid back any money. He will almost certainly have to as part of his sentencing but I don't know where that claim is coming from.

3. He didn't just steal money from rich people. Insider trading steals money from working people's pension funds, from banks that then trickle down to customers, from the investment portfolios of non profit organizations. It's from everybody. It's why there's a Federal law against it.

4. The claim that he got roped into this is kinda laughable. He actively spent eight months purchasing insider information. He did so negotiating payments using code words in texts to avoid getting caught. In this eight months he made 1.2 million dollars while the guy who supposedly "roped him into this" made 10K and scored some game tickets. That he's a victim of paying 10K to make 1.2 million while deliberately trying to hide his illegal activity from law enforcement over months and months is laughable.

Long story short, he happens to be good at football but he's a scumbag who is going to jail. He didn't lose his head of lose his cool. He did this for months. And he didn't just fall out of the sky and become a Seahawk. Because of this he got cut by the Browns and took a vet minimum deal from the only team in the league that would take him. TBH if the Hawks weren't really hurting at linebacker at the time I don't think there's a chance that they would have gotten within a thousand yards of him either.

IMO it's fine to like him as player, but if you have to gussy up the story here to make liking him as a player more palatable, that should tell you something.

knownone

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3a8oq7k5 said:
1. Federal trumps local law. The law itself treats Federal law as more serious.

2. AFAIK he hasn't paid back any money. He will almost certainly have to as part of his sentencing but I don't know where that claim is coming from.

3. He didn't just steal money from rich people. Insider trading steals money from working people's pension funds, from banks that then trickle down to customers, from the investment portfolios of non profit organizations. It's from everybody. It's why there's a Federal law against it.

4. The claim that he got roped into this is kinda laughable. He actively spent eight months purchasing insider information. He did so negotiating payments using code words in texts to avoid getting caught. In this eight months he made 1.2 million dollars while the guy who supposedly "roped him into this" made 10K and scored some game tickets. That he's a victim of paying 10K to make 1.2 million while deliberately trying to hide his illegal activity from law enforcement over months and months is laughable.

Long story short, he happens to be good at football but he's a scumbag who is going to jail. He didn't lose his head of lose his cool. He did this for months. And he didn't just fall out of the sky and become a Seahawk. Because of this he got cut by the Browns and took a vet minimum deal from the only team in the league that would take him. TBH if the Hawks weren't really hurting at linebacker at the time I don't think there's a chance that they would have gotten within a thousand yards of him either.

IMO it's fine to like him as player, but if you have to gussy up the story here to make liking him as a player more palatable, that should tell you something.

2. Pete Carroll said he paid the money back, that's your source.

3. The spirit of the law is in place to prevent people from using insider information to dump assets that they know are overvalued, which does cause the issues that you are referring to, but none of that applies to Kendricks case. Why? Kendricks bought assets he knew were going to increase in value. No one was forcing the seller to sell, so if they choose to sell they will lose out on the profit regardless of whether or not the person buying is doing so based on insider information or not. So, in this case, you are either naive to how the financial sector works or you haven't actually read the SEC report on Kendricks case. What Kendricks did has virtually no impact on anybody else.

4. I don't see any issue with the claim that a 24-year-old got roped into insider trading even while knowing it was against the law. He was 24-years-old, young adults make dumb decisions and let people convince them to do all sorts of dumb things. He plead guilty to all charges, he's not making excuses, and he paid back the money. What more do you want?

chris98251

Reaction score
So all these CEO's that jilted their shareholders and the public from Enron to Quest and Martha should have been given a life sentence rather then a comfy soft light security stay. Plus all the cases mysteriously dismissed by the SEC as well as pardoned by different Presidents.

Hit a person six games, hit a bank account 8 games, stock market is gambling no matter how much you want to spin it as investing.

What he did in the market is not much different then a poker player sitting at a table with a mirror behind some of the players and taking advantage of it. The guy looking in the mirror didn't put it there but would still be called a cheat for doing it.