Kenny Easley Hall Of Fame Finalist

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seaNOmercy":11jsqcby said:
This is awesome news. Plus, if he gets in that means I can finally get a Kenny Easley throwback jersey! I've been scouring the internet for years and haven't been able to find one anywhere.
I would like one too. I've only seen one in person with the "proper 4" on the jersey.

drdiags

Reaction score
LymonHawk":3ft8a2pp said:
I'm guessing this makes Dr Diags day.

Make it so!

You know it. I am really hoping he gets in. I wanted to be able to hear his acceptance speech before I moved on or someone had to deliver it for him. I know some feel he didn't play long enough, but I was privileged to see Gayle Sayers play as kid growing up in Chicago. Still hate Kermit Alexander to this day, though it wasn't his fault but fate that saw one of the greatest running backs diminished by the dreaded knee injury.

Both these men were game changers. Kenny made a difference. If he played for one of the legacy teams during his career, he would already be in the HOF. But we as Seahawks fan got to enjoy his play. The "Kermit Alexander" in this instance was ibuprofen.

Best of luck Kenny, good luck getting voted into the HOF come next Feb. My favorite all-time Seahawks player.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It really sucks what the medical staff on the old Seahawks teams did to him. There is no way you could prescribe that amount of painkillers that often and not believe there was going to be a cost.

He has every right to be angry with the teams back then.

But I hope he knows just adored he is by any of the fans that watched those old games.

And there is no doubt in my mind that if you watched just a few Hawk games from back then, you would walk away from those games with a resolute belief that you saw a HOF player in his jersey.

He was outstanding. So hopefully the football players and media from that time period stand up for him. Because anyone that played that game back then or covered it + saw him live, knew he was not just great, but next level great.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Another thing I loved about Kenny was right before XLVIII he predicted Seattle would blow out the Broncos on one of the radio shows and Softy (I think) thought he was joking, and Kenny goes "No I'm dead serious, Seattle wins in a blowout and the game will be over early!" or something to that effect, and then went on to make a very sound argument why. Main reason was defense, he said "Denver doesn't know how fast and hard hitting this defense is, they will be stunned early and never recover!"

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Please, please, please, please make it so! Would so love to see Easley get into the Hall of Fame. Strong recommendations from key people like Lott and Clayton cannot hurt, but there might be a little help from on the field. Chancellor's great play (and similar hitting intensity) can be to his advantage. "Wow, look at that fantastic hit by Chancellor!" -- "Yeah, well you should have seen Easley play!"