Kenny McIntosh Status?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Oddly enough, I haven't heard anything about him since they put him on IR. I almost wonder if they are stashing him there and not pulling him up unless there is an injury to the current group. I know he was injured in preseason with a hurt knee.

toffee

Reaction score
Oddly enough, I haven't heard anything about him since they put him on IR. I almost wonder if they are stashing him there and not pulling him up unless there is an injury to the current group. I know he was injured in preseason with a hurt knee.
I don't like that at all, I would like for him to compete with Dallas, if not Charbonnet

kidhawk

Reaction score
I don't like that at all, I would like for him to compete with Dallas, if not Charbonnet
I'm not saying it's true, it's pure conjecture on my part, but he didn't get his chance to compete in the pre season as he got hurt so early. Given that he hasn't had a lot of time with the team, it may be their way of keeping him safe from pilfering until they either need him or can get a better look this offseason. The other alternative is that the knee injury is more serious than we originally were led to believe. I don't think I like that possibility at all.

OP
OP
Aircrew

Aircrew

Reaction score
I'm having visions of him catching screen passes in the flat and making dudes miss, especially in the redzone. Could have used that last weekend..

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seems there's a problem getting JSN & Charb's enough snaps, which tells me that Waldron needs to put this sombieoch in overdrive, there's waaaay too many repetitive plays that's stifling his watered-down Offensive attacks, INJURIES to some of the 2nd & 3rd string O-Linemen are happening because the play-calls have them TRYING to hold off attack systems that have Waldron's repetitive, lazy and lackluster Offensive schemes....Time to pull out a few stops.
I too would love to see what Kenny Mac can bring to the game, but hell, IF they're holding back on Charbonnet, what makes anyone think that K-M is going to get a chance to show his wares?

Jville

Reaction score
I know he was on IR for a (4) week minimum, anyone heard when his return is expected? Looking forward to seeing him on the field.

The following quote is from 10/10/2023

"Asked about receiver Dareke Young and running back Kenny McIntosh, who are both eligible to come off injured reserve starting this week, Carroll said, “Dareke is really close. He’s a little bit closer than Kenny is. Dareke is running and doing all kinds of stuff. Kenny is getting back, but not quite yet. It’s still another week or so. Dareke’s got to prove it, he’s doing all of the running stuff right now, but he is not ready to practice yet." - Link >>> https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...fine-no-one-returning-from-ir-yet/ar-AA1hZEfS

LTH

Reaction score
I know he was on IR for a (4) week minimum, anyone heard when his return is expected? Looking forward to seeing him on the field.
I sent Gregg Bell an email today asking him this same question because I was curious and he basically said there is nothing new Mac is still aways from returning.

LTH

Lagartixa

Reaction score

"Asked about receiver Dareke Young and running back Kenny McIntosh, who are both eligible to come off injured reserve starting this week, Carroll said, “Dareke is really close. He’s a little bit closer than Kenny is. Dareke is running and doing all kinds of stuff. Kenny is getting back, but not quite yet. It’s still another week or so. Dareke’s got to prove it, he’s doing all of the running stuff right now, but he is not ready to practice yet." - Link >>> https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...fine-no-one-returning-from-ir-yet/ar-AA1hZEfS

I was just about to post the same quote (word-for-word!!!), but from the Seahawks site the day before (the 9th of October).

For those who would like to know how to find such information like @Jville and I did, I can tell you how I did it. I remembered that I had recently posted some quotes about injury updates from Carroll, and that McIntosh was among the players mentioned, so I found the article I'd quoted before by putting the following into the Google search field:
"kenny" "injury updates" "pete carroll" "mcintosh" site:seahawks.com
The first result was the one I remembered from the Seahawks site.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score

Time to decode Pete:

“Dareke is really close”- means in about 3 weeks we can maybe start talking about a timeline for his actual return time.

“Kenny is getting back but not quite yet”-means that sometime near the end of the season Pete will tell us he just couldn’t quite get it all together but will be ready for OTAs.

kidhawk

Reaction score
McIntosh, a rookie running back who injured his knee in Seattle's mock game in August, "is doing great," Carroll said. "He's right on the verge of coming back."

Pete said the above when talking about injuries after the game. Of course until he’s activated it’s kind of meaningless.

Latest posts