Kevin Durant joins golden state Westbrook will not sign okc

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CPHawk":3fc7rrp1 said:
Hasselbeck":3fc7rrp1 said:
JSeahawks":3fc7rrp1 said:
This is terrible for the nba. Regular season and even playoffs just became completely irrelevent for the next few years. Just pencil in gs vs Cleveland and don't bother with the rest. I was hoping he'd go to Boston.

I think this officially ends my interest in the NBA.

You act like the NBA has had an NFL like parity run before these super teams came about. It's always been narrowed down to a handful of teams who could win.

Agree 100%. The NBA has never had, and never will have parity. It's almost always the same teams in the playoffs every year, and then when they miss it somehow that team gets a top 3 pick.

Yea, I suppose. I've been gradually losing interest in the NBA for the last few years anyway. Hardly ever watch anymore other then an occasional Blazer game. I watch way more MLS than NBA, and I never would have thought it would be that way. We'll see if the Blazers can rope me in next year, but for now I think i'm done.

soohawk

Reaction score
This all started a few years ago when they were not able to afford the luxury tax bill associated with keeping James Harden and accelerated the departure last week at the draft when they traded Serge Ibaka. Rumour has it that Westbrook and Durant were getting sick of Ibaka anyways but the point i am making and the one that Durant saw was that the team couldn't afford to keep the high priced talent they had acquired through the draft and that they would be constantly trading established skill players for up and coming talents that had to be developed and this is not a good thing for Westbrook or Durant because they had to carry the team regardless of who else was helping and they have been reminded twice now that when they do have a support network it will be eroded over time to appease financial demands from the owners and decisions will not be made with consideration of the win total.

They had to see the writing on the wall with this a few years ago but i believe Clay Bennett and Sam Presti honestly thought that Durant wasn't wired to leave OKC like he did today. That is something I am confident about. Even the last tweet by Royce Young who covers the Thunder is very emotional and its a barb against Durants word.

The league needs to install a franchise player tag if they want this to stop happening. Although the NBAPA will not let that happen anytime soon (and hasn't over the years because of the racial understones of a league with majority white owners restricting a majority black work force from earning and living in the communities of their choice...I don't like to incite debates with race but in this instance that is the explicit reason). They cannot restrict free agency or put in longer rookie contracts without MAJOR CONCESSIONS in the next CBA negotiations and Michele Roberts is going to help the players get a better deal next round. She seems like a very able and competent business woman.

The NBA has always been more WWE then IOC but this signing has really tempered the interest from a lot of fans...especially the older generations who would never accept this behavior from their contemporaries as well as fans of up and coming teams who now realize that they have to slay a juggernaut on top of running the gauntlet to become champions. I am sure Adam Silver is all smiles, the league made boat loads of money when everybody was hating on the Heatles therefore i am sure this will be no different.

My team finally doesn't suck historically bad and now they have no chance of winning. That isn't pessimism its pragmatism :)

CPHawk

Reaction score
So more than likely, next year the Warriors will have to re-negotiate with KD and Curry?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":e1kec3qs said:
CPHawk":e1kec3qs said:
Hasselbeck":e1kec3qs said:
JSeahawks":e1kec3qs said:
This is terrible for the nba. Regular season and even playoffs just became completely irrelevent for the next few years. Just pencil in gs vs Cleveland and don't bother with the rest. I was hoping he'd go to Boston.

You act like the NBA has had an NFL like parity run before these super teams came about. It's always been narrowed down to a handful of teams who could win.

Agree 100%. The NBA has never had, and never will have parity. It's almost always the same teams in the playoffs every year, and then when they miss it somehow that team gets a top 3 pick.

Yea, I suppose. I've been gradually losing interest in the NBA for the last few years anyway. Hardly ever watch anymore other then an occasional Blazer game. I watch way more MLS than NBA, and I never would have thought it would be that way. We'll see if the Blazers can rope me in next year, but for now I think i'm done.
GS needs a big 4 to handle CLE :pukeface: This also pretty much ends it for me between seeing the best ever to play and the Sonics being moved.I had an itch to see CLE win and they did.I do not want a year after year thing watching weak defense and a bunch of 3 point attempts.I don't see the game getting better and the players are not better.It's a freaking joke what they make,I think it's time for the NBA to die.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
CPHawk":2x4kw9yo said:
If the Blazers can add Gasol, who even at his age still a good 16 and 11, they might be able to give the Warriors a series. But in the end GS will be to much.

They can add whoever they want, they wouldn't win more than 1 game in a 7-game series against the Warriors. It looks like Gasol is going to SA anyways. It must suck being a fan of any team other than Cleveland, GS and SA. You basically know you have zero shot at winning the title.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
If we are going to go the route of super-teams. I want to see Westbrook leave OKC for SA. I want to see Westbrook/Leonard/Aldridge vs Curry/Klay/KD.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2fxzy09w said:

Good, I hate the crap league that is the NBA.

That thud you just heard??? ......that was the OKC championship window that just slammed shut forever!
Clay Clay might as well sell that team as Karma just came and bit him on his big fat ass.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3a3nabg6 said:
If we are going to go the route of super-teams. I want to see Westbrook leave OKC for SA. I want to see Westbrook/Leonard/Aldridge vs Curry/Klay/KD.

Laker, book it.

Besides Aldridge never will be a big 3. The guy disappears anytime it's crunch time. SA won't win crap with him.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":xotnwder said:
JSeahawks":xotnwder said:

Good, I hate the crap league that is the NBA.

That thud you just heard??? ......that was the OKC championship window that just slammed shut forever!
Clay Clay might as well sell that team as Karma just came and bit him on his big fat ass.
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

randomation

Reaction score
Westbrook leaves next summer and attendance tanks, give it 5 years after that before they no longer have enough attendance to justify a team.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Gotta love Bruce Irvin.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BIrvin_WVU11/status/750114264644395009[/tweet]

You may be a Raider now, but you will always be remembered fondly. :irishdrinkers:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
We may not have to wait long for OKC to lose Westbrook. Just read something about how they may have to trade him before he becomes a FA to make sure they get something in return. Last thing OKC wants is to have both KD and Westbrook leave and get nothing in return.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted. Can't see tweets with tapatalk.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Gresh49/status/750020071984996353[/tweet]

Best tweet of the day.