Kevin Durant joins golden state Westbrook will not sign okc

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Maulbert":pymmeq49 said:
JSeahawks":pymmeq49 said:
Uncle Si":pymmeq49 said:
With Westbrook maybe. Without.. no. That's just begging for an argument.

Good luck with your bad day.

I'm assuming if Westbrook leaves it will be via trade, and they'll get some good pieces back. If he left an the thunder got nothing in return, then they'd probably be a lottery team.

Even so, no one will give them more for Westbrook than they would have for Durant.

I have a feeling the Lakers move Russell and Ingram (when he can be traded) for Westbrook before the season gets going. Makes too much sense for both sides. Westbrook to LA is the leagues worst kept secret, so might as well pry away a couple young players and start the rebuild

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1k24ob1r said:
Maulbert":1k24ob1r said:
JSeahawks":1k24ob1r said:
Uncle Si":1k24ob1r said:
With Westbrook maybe. Without.. no. That's just begging for an argument.

Good luck with your bad day.

I'm assuming if Westbrook leaves it will be via trade, and they'll get some good pieces back. If he left an the thunder got nothing in return, then they'd probably be a lottery team.

Even so, no one will give them more for Westbrook than they would have for Durant.

I have a feeling the Lakers move Russell and Ingram (when he can be traded) for Westbrook before the season gets going. Makes too much sense for both sides. Westbrook to LA is the leagues worst kept secret, so might as well pry away a couple young players and start the rebuild

I think in order for a team to give up a lot for Westbrook, they will want him to sign an extension immediately. No point in the Lakers trading away their future if they only rent Westbrook for a year. I think he either gets traded to a title contendor who rents him out, or he does a sign and trade with a team like the Lakers. LA would make sense since he is from California and played at UCLA. But does he want to play for a bad team?

Throwdown

Reaction score
LA would be smart to just keep their guys, specially Ingram and hope Westbrook is there in free agency.

Chapow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1ob405d0 said:
Hawk-Lock":1ob405d0 said:
WilsonMVP":1ob405d0 said:
Has there been such a huge collapse for a franchise?

Up 3-1 and probably would of beat the Cavs to win the title......SO CLOSE to getting to the finals and probably winning...

Then to now where Durant leaves and Westbrook will be gone as well leaving OKC in the dumps

49ers.

Thunder are still a playoff team. And probably still will be if they trade Westbrook. They won't be a title contender, but they'll still be regulars in the playoffs. Sam Presti is a really good GM.

That's not really saying a whole lot considering they play in a league where over half the teams make the playoffs every season and there are regularly teams with losing records in the playoffs.

I mean, I'm sure their fans will be super stoked with going from being a title contender to a 41-41 8th seed that gets curb stomped in the 1st round of the playoffs in 4 games by Durant and the Warriors. :lol:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":hrd2fa3l said:
I think in order for a team to give up a lot for Westbrook, they will want him to sign an extension immediately. No point in the Lakers trading away their future if they only rent Westbrook for a year. I think he either gets traded to a title contendor who rents him out, or he does a sign and trade with a team like the Lakers. LA would make sense since he is from California and played at UCLA. But does he want to play for a bad team?

He's wanted to be a Laker his entire career, and a bad team lets RWB get his Kobe on. If you're the Lakers, you do this deal because Westbrook and Russell can't co-exist anyway, so you're swapping one for the other.. and the cost of getting arguably the best PG in the league is the #2 pick. If Kevin Love fetched Andrew Wiggins, Russell Westbrook would absolutely fetch D'Angelo Russell and Brandon Ingram. I'm sure there'd have to be dialogue between the team and Westbrook regarding an extension in the offseason to do such a deal, but Westbrook has wanted to be a Laker so bad I think signing him would be relatively easy in this regard.

For those saying well, the Lakers could just keep their talent and hope RWB hits FA .. and they could do that, but with the cap rising AGAIN and a lot of teams way under the cap, the Lakers by no means would be a lock to beat out other teams proposals at wooing RWB away. Trading for him gives you a big edge on keeping him because you can give him an extra year and some 35-40M more than other teams would be able to offer.

This is essentially the same thing that happened with James Harden and Kevin Love, only with the crazy TV money in play now

Throwdown

Reaction score
Chapow":21oacn9q said:
JSeahawks":21oacn9q said:
Hawk-Lock":21oacn9q said:
WilsonMVP":21oacn9q said:
Has there been such a huge collapse for a franchise?

Up 3-1 and probably would of beat the Cavs to win the title......SO CLOSE to getting to the finals and probably winning...

Then to now where Durant leaves and Westbrook will be gone as well leaving OKC in the dumps

49ers.

Thunder are still a playoff team. And probably still will be if they trade Westbrook. They won't be a title contender, but they'll still be regulars in the playoffs. Sam Presti is a really good GM.

That's not really saying a whole lot considering they play in a league where over half the teams make the playoffs every season and there are regularly teams with losing records in the playoffs.

I mean, I'm sure their fans will be super stoked with going from being a title contender to a 41-41 8th seed that gets curb stomped in the 1st round of the playoffs in 4 games by Durant and the Warriors. :lol:

That's what I want for that team, not bad enough to draft a good player, not good enough to ever do anything great.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Throwdown":3hachzpy said:
That's what I want for that team, not bad enough to draft a good player, not good enough to ever do anything great.

NBA no mans land is not a fun place to be.

Msfann

Reaction score
Flipping through the channels today and the herd was on and they were talking about Durant and cowherd said something like "If he wins 3 championships with Golden state we won't even remember he played for OKC in 20 years".
Burn

hawknation2016

Reaction score
hawknation2016":1tsz3wng said:
Power forward David West has agreed to a one-year contract for the veteran's minimum with the Golden State Warriors, NBA.com is reporting.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/i ... david-west

Warriors 2016-17 Depth Chart
PG Stephen Curry, Shaun Livingston
SG Klay Thompson, Ian Clark, Patrick McCaw
SF Kevin Durant, Andre Iguodala, Brandon Rush
PF Draymond Green, David West, Kevon Looney, James McAdoo
C Zaza Pachulia, Damian Jones

I can scratch Brandon Rush from that depth chart; he signed with Minnesota. Barbosa signed with Phoenix. Ezeli to Portland. Speights to the LA Clippers. Bogut and Barnes to Dallas.

It's going to be a very different team next year. Curry-Thompson-Green give them some continuity, but the addition of Durant alters that dynamic. Obviously, there are questions at center, though Green and West both have experience playing center in small ball rotations. Jones is going to be out until at least training camp. Livingston was one of their more important signings for purposes of continuity off the bench.

The Livingston-Durant-Iguodala-West 2nd team is one of the more exiting propositions for next season. They should be able to manage it in such a way that Curry, Thompson or Durant are always on the floor, giving them an explosive scorer at all times.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah I've seen some people saying that GS will struggle next year because they've lost so many players in order to get Durant, but most of the guys they lost are replaceable or weren't that much of a factor in the past. The only guys I'd be worried about GS losing are Bogut and Ezeli. The center position is definitely a question mark right now, but GS will find a way to make it work.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Rumors are Larry Sanders may join the Warriors. He walked away from the NBA last year after another drug violation. It would be a big addition if GS can land him, assuming he can still play.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Warriors kept Varejao. That helps their depth at center.. sort of anyway.

I suspect before the season kicks off they'll add another vet or two on the cheap.

knownone

Reaction score
So the rumors last summer about him wanting to leave OKC to get out of Durrants shadow were true...

As great as Durrant is... I'd rather have Westbrook. Good for OKC.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
OKC got one more year to figure out what's next. Not a solution here but an extension. Up to Presti now. Give Westbrook the pieces to stay. Or cash in via trade.

Maulbert

Reaction score
It's okay. Durant wanted out because he remembers from his rookie season what it was like to play in front of a home crowd that isn't inbred hillbilly trash. Westbrook never had that experience, so he doesn't know what he's missing. :stirthepot:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Maulbert":2d37l67j said:
It's okay. Durant wanted out because he remembers from his rookie season what it was like to play in front of a home crowd that isn't inbred hillbilly trash. Westbrook never had that experience, so he doesn't know what he's missing. :stirthepot:

LOL!

Throwdown

Reaction score
This is great, they extend Westbrook now they're good enough to not get a lottery pick but not good enough to win a title. I call this a success