Kevin Durant joins golden state Westbrook will not sign okc

McG

Reaction score
Laloosh":2pxodolm said:
Sorry if this has been posted. Can't see tweets with tapatalk.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Gresh49/status/750020071984996353[/tweet]

Best tweet of the day.

LOL.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Bruce is my all time favorite now, he's been riding with us even though he left.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
CPHawk":6crxuirb said:
So more than likely, next year the Warriors will have to re-negotiate with KD and Curry?

Curry will be an UFA next year and KD can opt out again to sign a max deal with all the TV money in place. So what will probably happen is the Warriors will give KD the max money first, then because the Warriors have Curry's Bird's rights they can give him a max deal and go over the cap in the process. This would mean they'd have to pay the luxury tax, but highly doubt Lacob would care about that if they win titles.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2usqeq39 said:
We may not have to wait long for OKC to lose Westbrook. Just read something about how they may have to trade him before he becomes a FA to make sure they get something in return. Last thing OKC wants is to have both KD and Westbrook leave and get nothing in return.

Yep wouldn't surprise me at all if they trade him before the season begins just like they did with James Harden.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Imma be real honest I had mixed emotions.

Like I'm happy as hell we're gonna see the inevitable collapse of the thunder into a sniveling pile of if I only's. And the fact that now I can root for KD unless he's playing 'Bron or the Grizzlies, and I wouldn't ultimately be sad to see him finally get a ring.

But on the other hand, the warriors? Really?! The one team I can't stand to watch?

rjdriver

Reaction score
Laloosh":16i3mmcd said:
Sorry if this has been posted. Can't see tweets with tapatalk.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Gresh49/status/750020071984996353[/tweet]

Best tweet of the day.

Amen.

I love this tweet. Man I loved the Seattle Supersonics. I still have a 1979 Sonics Championship shirt my Dad bought me when I was seven. Still seems surreal to me that their gone. I'll never lose the ill will I have for all those involved in the debacle.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Throwdown":2m5hio3h said:
Imma be real honest I had mixed emotions.

Like I'm happy as hell we're gonna see the inevitable collapse of the thunder into a sniveling pile of if I only's. And the fact that now I can root for KD unless he's playing 'Bron or the Grizzlies, and I wouldn't ultimately be sad to see him finally get a ring.

But on the other hand, the warriors? Really?! The one team I can't stand to watch?
Grow up and deal unless you've some kind of Oregon lover? And just to make sure I heard correctly, you actually still watch the NBA? Interesting.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I've been fully immersed in 4th of July family stuff all day (parade in the AM and just got back from a get together tonight), so I'm just now finally sitting down and getting updated on all the day's happenings. Hearing that Durant is leaving OKC high and dry?!? -- you couldn't jackhammer the smile off my face.

Clint Gresham definitely nailed it. I'm partying along with the rest of Seattle tonight, dancing to the tune of the laments of Thunder fans everywhere.

How 'bout them apples Clay Clay?? Let's see how the "best fans in the NBA" deal with being bottom feeders for the foreseeable future. May the Thunder hemorrhage more money and assets than the stock market did on Black Tuesday.

[youtube]3GwjfUFyY6M[/youtube]

brettb3

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2k5vfi6d said:
This is terrible for the nba. Regular season and even playoffs just became completely irrelevent for the next few years. Just pencil in gs vs Cleveland and don't bother with the rest. I was hoping he'd go to Boston.

I think this officially ends my interest in the NBA.
I'm sure a lot of people said this when LeBron went to the Heat. Instead what happened is TV ratings went through the roof. It's always great for sports leagues when there's a true villain.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I need to start out by saying I grew up a Blazer fan and then ended up in the Seattle area. I still stayed a Blazer fan but obviously watched the debacle which was steeling the Sonics 1st hand. I might not have the complete love for the Sonics (even though I did enjoy the Payton/Kemp years) but this has been a great day for me. I love that this finally came back on OKC and Clay Bennett. The next thing to happen will be the trading of Westbrook and OKC is in a complete rebuild.

I have spent a little time on the Thunders forums tonight and they are a crack up, many have mentioned burning KD's restaurant to the ground ( the best was the guy who was going to give it a negative review on yelp). The one that I found really naïve was in support of KD, he said that Durant had helped build an organization. Apparently he is not aware that the organization that he started with was the Sonic's and that they had a pretty successful history. It will be a pretty hard draw to get a FA to go to OKC, I think it is very fitting that an ex Sonic helped send the Thunder into a tail spin.

TravTex

Reaction score
GSW kind of doubling down on what they're already good at. Be interesting to see how that chemistry plays itself out.

OKC is humped for a while. Russ isn't staying, KD & Ibaka gone. What do you even do, here? Trade & tank? Try to make a push with a Westbrook/Oladipo/Adams trio? (Jeez, fantasy folks, run out and grab Westbrook, he's about to chuck about 40ppg)

Spurs grab Gasol a couple of years too late. Definitely an offensive improvement over 2016 Timmy. Interesting handful of bigs on the Spurs ... Gasol, Boban, Aldridge, kicking the tires on Bertrans. Backcourt desperately needs some work, though. At least with this round of free agency, Tony Parker's contract doesn't look -quite- so horrifying and Green is downright bargain basement, making that Austin Rivers level money. I can't really fault the Spurs for that... only realistic option to pursue at PG was Conley and dude got like 30/year from Memphis.

Barring something extra weird happening, looks like a Spurs-Warriors WCF is a safe bet with Spurs' only real shot being to snag the #1 seed (Which probably ain't gonna happen, but sports are weird.)

Crizilla

Reaction score
brettb3":813u8l1v said:
JSeahawks":813u8l1v said:
This is terrible for the nba. Regular season and even playoffs just became completely irrelevent for the next few years. Just pencil in gs vs Cleveland and don't bother with the rest. I was hoping he'd go to Boston.

I'm sure a lot of people said this when LeBron went to the Heat. Instead what happened is TV ratings went through the roof. It's always great for sports leagues when there's a true villain.

True but there still needs to be more parity in the NBA. Now everytime GS loses, everyone will cheer. I'm sure they'll get another title or two, but the years they don't everyone will call them chokers. Miami winning only 2 out of 4 straight finals is an overall "disappointment" to some people. Expectations are huge now for GS.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
LOVE IT! Take that Clay, Take that Thunder fans. LOVE IT!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Crizilla":2m1aesdm said:
brettb3":2m1aesdm said:
JSeahawks":2m1aesdm said:

True but there still needs to be more parity in the NBA. Now everytime GS loses, everyone will cheer. I'm sure they'll get another title or two, but the years they don't everyone will call them chokers. Miami winning only 2 out of 4 straight finals is an overall "disappointment" to some people. Expectations are huge now for GS.

Why does there need to be parity?

People will tune into the GS Death Machine to either admire it or wish its demise. Its ratings...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Crizilla":1fv0krvb said:
brettb3":1fv0krvb said:
JSeahawks":1fv0krvb said:

You mean parity like GS and Cleveland winning the last two titles? Cleveland had never won a title, and GS hadn't won since 1975.

It's not like baseball where it's usually the same 5-6 big market teams winning 8 out of every 10 years. The Lakers stink, the Knicks stink, the Celtics stink, etc. Isn't that parity?

IMO the NBA has the best cap, still fair yet flexible enough where you can pay your stars if they want to stay. Just so happens KD was tired of the crap hole that is OKC.

Good, I hope the Thunder are a lottery team for the next 100 years.

Alexander

Reaction score
TravTex":1sgff6t3 said:
GSW kind of doubling down on what they're already good at. Be interesting to see how that chemistry plays itself out.

OKC is humped for a while. Russ isn't staying, KD & Ibaka gone. What do you even do, here? Trade & tank? Try to make a push with a Westbrook/Oladipo/Adams trio? (Jeez, fantasy folks, run out and grab Westbrook, he's about to chuck about 40ppg)

Spurs grab Gasol a couple of years too late. Definitely an offensive improvement over 2016 Timmy. Interesting handful of bigs on the Spurs ... Gasol, Boban, Aldridge, kicking the tires on Bertrans. Backcourt desperately needs some work, though. At least with this round of free agency, Tony Parker's contract doesn't look -quite- so horrifying and Green is downright bargain basement, making that Austin Rivers level money. I can't really fault the Spurs for that... only realistic option to pursue at PG was Conley and dude got like 30/year from Memphis.

Barring something extra weird happening, looks like a Spurs-Warriors WCF is a safe bet with Spurs' only real shot being to snag the #1 seed (Which probably ain't gonna happen, but sports are weird.)

I could see the Spurs getting the #1 seed if the Warriors take a while to find their chemistry, ala LeBron's first year in Miami.

Latest posts