Kevin Norwood Panthers debut

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Two receptions on two attempts for 40 yards. He is proving his sure handedness. Nice to hear he is getting PT. Panthers beat Steelers.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Not a bad player by any means. Cheaper, better players just came out of nowhere to make him expendable. I'm glad we got value for him, and if it is conditional, I hope he balls out.

netskier

Reaction score
I just wish that we had given him a fair shot to shine, and I don't think we did. He was touted coming out of Alabama as having a large catch radius, and being able to win contested catches, but Wilson doors not like to throw to receivers unless they have classical separation, unless they are named Kearse. Norwood is an inch taller than Kearse.

I strongly doubt that Norwood got a chance to demonstrate his special skills unless the coaches asked Wilson to throw him contested balls for demonstration purposes.

Has anyone knowledge that they did?

I think he is better than Kearse, an inch taller, and with FAR more reliable hands.

I think we let the wrong one get away.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
netskier":1lugnfjy said:
I just wish that we had given him a fair shot to shine, and I don't think we did. He was touted coming out of Alabama as having a large catch radius, and being able to win contested catches, but Wilson doors not like to throw to receivers unless they have classical separation, unless they are named Kearse. Norwood is an inch taller than Kearse.

I strongly doubt that Norwood got a chance to demonstrate his special skills unless the coaches asked Wilson to throw him contested balls for demonstration purposes.

I think he is better than Kearse, an inch taller, and with FAR more reliable hands.

Have you seen Kevin Smith's insane catching radius or Kasen Williams' aggressiveness in fighting for the football?

They gave Norwood an opportunity, by keeping him on the roster last year and playing him more snaps in the preseason than any other WR on the roster. They decided he was not as good as some other players and got value for him.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawknation2015":gho10myr said:
netskier":gho10myr said:

Have you seen Kevin Smith's insane catching radius or Kasen Williams' aggressiveness in fighting for the football?

They gave Norwood an opportunity, by keeping him on the roster last year and playing him more snaps in the preseason than any other WR on the roster. They decided he was not as good as some other players and got value for him.

I think he was not of the right mindset, you seen how our DB's play in practice, not with kid gloves, as someone said about Harper you have to be hungry every snap and never take a play off our they will get you. Some players just can't compete like that.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
He'll be good for the Panthers. I think he becomes a solid go to possession WR for the Newton.

Latest posts