Rating Spoon's Debut

olyfan63

Reaction score
That 4th down pass breakup was worth the price of admission. Just as good as a pick right there. For a DB to make plays that make THE difference in the game his first time out... Legend in the making. Great to have that on a rookie contract!

Ruminator

Reaction score
We've seen enough in his first game to know we're going to see a lot of good things from him in his football career, is all I care about right now.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
And we can look forward to Carter talk after every game that Spoon doesn't get a pick 6 :ROFLMAO:
and that's perfectly fair. I think it's reasonable to say they should have taken Carter. We needed his position more and he was a generational talent. He's already rated the #1 rookie through two weeks.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
and that's perfectly fair. I think it's reasonable to say they should have taken Carter. We needed his position more and he was a generational talent. He's already rated the #1 rookie through two weeks.

I think it's totally unreasonable to say they should have taken Carter unless you believe those red flags should be ignored for generational talents. Would you like me to list the washed up NFL players with red flags that were drafted too high? It's an impressively enormous list since teams frequently get duped by talent and ignore the flags.

All of this Carter business is being judged through a retrospectiscope. In real time, he should have been 2nd overall pick but fell to 10 because a crapload of teams made an appropriate decision not to gamble on character concerns. His talent was never an issue but in the top 10 you need to be talented and a character guy.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's your opinion. I respectfully disagree. Screw Carter. Glad we took Spoon.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I have read two articles about Carter recently and both said that he and his family wanted him to go to the Eagles. They were actively talking to the Eagles before the draft trying to convince them to take him.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
For a rookie who basically missed all of training camp and preseason games, other than a bite on a flea flicker, I thought he did well. His speed, instincts and athleticism definitely showed.
I don’t think that was all on spoon. You can see the safety also bite on the flea flicker and he should have been covering over the top. Our safeties have been playing really bad so far. But I don’t think they will stay this way all year.

Latest posts