Key to a Super Bowl Run - Injuries/Team Health

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Even though the team hasn't put together a full game where both the offense and defense are at full tilt simultaneously, I've seen enough to know what can be on both sides (compared to say, 2011-2012, when I knew they needed another pass rusher to be complete). So to me, the pieces are there it is just a question of health.

OFFENSE -

Tyler Lockett - This week we saw the reemergence of Tyler. With a 90% Lockett out there everything else is easier. RW takes balls away from David Moore (<50% catch rate) and gives those to a player he once had a perfect passer rating with.

RW - the flu left him dead-eyed last week. Today he was fired up and seemed like the same QB of the mic'ed up clips. He also threw a non-underthrown 50/50 ball to DK and guess what...DK snagged it (17% catch probability). Competitive spirit and leadership are his strengths.

DEFENSE

Clowney - We really need him back to full strength. Today the Hawks held their own without him out there. A 50% Clowney takes snaps away from a second-team unit that includes unsung heroes like Poona, Green and Griffin. So I'm all or nothing on his performance.

Diggs - let us all sacrifice something to the high-ankle sprain gods tonight. With Diggs over the top, the rest of the team is more aggressive. Let's not forget that he also lowers the lumber on occasion.

The linebackers - ankle sprains, hamstrings, and shoulders sprains, oh my! As has been reported by everyone with two eyes, PC and Norton have dropped the LBs into coverage over and over and over. If they want to stubbornly stick with the base defense, then the LBs need to be full speed. I'm not sure if I'd rather have a gimpy Kendricks or a young Barton. If this was the first half of the season, I'd go with Barton, but I think we are pot committed on Kendricks this deep in the season.

Thoughts?

chris98251

Reaction score
Hyperbolic Chamber, Diggs is going to need to be there all week and then some, give him a pillow and War and Peace to read. Let him heal and time for our young guys Amadi and Blair to step up at least against the Cards. Give Diggs a chance to get healed up for the 49ers.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Better hope we have a few miracle recovery’s, see Diggs, Clowney, Wags, or they won’t go far in the playoffs.

Also why the offense needs to be like they were on drives 1-3 today, and not like they were on most drives today.
Have to go into “horse race mode” because the defense is going to give up a lot of points If those injuries are long term.
No longer will the offense have the luxury of taking halves off.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Appyhawk":wmn5oiq6 said:
Here's what they posted fresh this eveing on : https://www.seahawks.com/news/bobby-wag ... t-carolina

Speaks to a variety of injury problems and progress for some.

Sounds like it's nothing serious for Bobby and Ansah and Clowney will be back next week. Diggs and Griffin are a concern right now since hamstring injuries can linger and Diggs was in a boot.

Fortunately neither of the teams we play in the last two have WR threats that will push our secondary. Cover Larry and cover Kittle (please?) and just get some pressure and that should take care of pass ing game defense. Covering Murrays scrambles and SF's 3 headed rushing attack will be another problem. That comes down to a healthy front 7 that plays disciplined.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2azt2i6c said:
Hyperbolic Chamber, Diggs is going to need to be there all week and then some, give him a pillow and War and Peace to read. Let him heal and time for our young guys Amadi and Blair to step up at least against the Cards. Give Diggs a chance to get healed up for the 49ers.

I think you mean hyperbaric chamber. Hyperbolic chamber is a good nickname for this board though.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3vtzeuju said:
chris98251":3vtzeuju said:

I think you mean hyperbaric chamber. Hyperbolic chamber is a good nickname for this board though.
:2thumbs:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Is it illegal to clean with bleach in Seattle or something? We seem to have players out with the flu every week.

Greenhell

Reaction score
falcongoggles":20otdt3g said:
Even though the team hasn't put together a full game where both the offense and defense are at full tilt simultaneously, I've seen enough to know what can be on both sides (compared to say, 2011-2012, when I knew they needed another pass rusher to be complete). So to me, the pieces are there it is just a question of health.

OFFENSE -

Tyler Lockett - This week we saw the reemergence of Tyler. With a 90% Lockett out there everything else is easier. RW takes balls away from David Moore (<50% catch rate) and gives those to a player he once had a perfect passer rating with.

RW - the flu left him dead-eyed last week. Today he was fired up and seemed like the same QB of the mic'ed up clips. He also threw a non-underthrown 50/50 ball to DK and guess what...DK snagged it (17% catch probability). Competitive spirit and leadership are his strengths.

DEFENSE

Clowney - We really need him back to full strength. Today the Hawks held their own without him out there. A 50% Clowney takes snaps away from a second-team unit that includes unsung heroes like Poona, Green and Griffin. So I'm all or nothing on his performance.

Diggs - let us all sacrifice something to the high-ankle sprain gods tonight. With Diggs over the top, the rest of the team is more aggressive. Let's not forget that he also lowers the lumber on occasion.

The linebackers - ankle sprains, hamstrings, and shoulders sprains, oh my! As has been reported by everyone with two eyes, PC and Norton have dropped the LBs into coverage over and over and over. If they want to stubbornly stick with the base defense, then the LBs need to be full speed. I'm not sure if I'd rather have a gimpy Kendricks or a young Barton. If this was the first half of the season, I'd go with Barton, but I think we are pot committed on Kendricks this deep in the season.

Thoughts?

I knew something was wrong with Russ in last weeks loss!. He just didn't look right but i don't remember hearing or seeing anything stating he had the flu.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Neither did I. Both he and Pete were asked about it after the game last week and they both said he didn't have the flu.