Kiero Small to be released

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
chris98251":15qwzdye said:
seahawk12thman":15qwzdye said:
I am not sure why people are so upset? Perhaps the Seahawks didn't want him. What could the Browns practice squad offer him that ours can't? He wasn't wanted IMHO.

A place on it? We don't know if they offered him a spot or not at this point, again his chance to be closer to home and possibly break thru is much higher on a suck ass team than a Super Bowl team.

Great, don't let the door hit you in the behind on your way out. Our team isn't going to feature a full back anytime soon. It will be a logjam to get on the field and small would take the spot of one of our awesome receivers. I think we are going to pass a lot more this year.

chris98251

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":276d2alh said:
chris98251":276d2alh said:
seahawk12thman":276d2alh said:
I am not sure why people are so upset? Perhaps the Seahawks didn't want him. What could the Browns practice squad offer him that ours can't? He wasn't wanted IMHO.

A place on it? We don't know if they offered him a spot or not at this point, again his chance to be closer to home and possibly break thru is much higher on a suck ass team than a Super Bowl team.

Great, don't let the door hit you in the behind on your way out. Our team isn't going to feature a full back anytime soon. It will be a logjam to get on the field and small would take the spot of one of our awesome receivers. I think we are going to pass a lot more this year.

Doubt it really, we will be able to exploit stacked defenses more granted, but ball control and the running game have been hallmarks of Petes whole career, that and creating turnovers and not giving the ball up. Taking advantage of a team and using situations to make a explosive play such as a deep pass. We will hopefully be able complete more of them with this set of receivers.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":2tnqwa1m said:
seahawk12thman":2tnqwa1m said:
chris98251":2tnqwa1m said:
seahawk12thman":2tnqwa1m said:

Doubt it really, we will be able to exploit stacked defenses more granted, but ball control and the running game have been hallmarks of Petes whole career, that and creating turnovers and not giving the ball up. Taking advantage of a team and using situations to make a explosive play such as a deep pass. We will hopefully be able complete more of them with this set of receivers.
Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you grab a player off another teams practice squad if you add him to your 53 man roster?

chris98251

Reaction score
You are correct!
Poaching PS squads is available, but you know about the unwritten rule :) They have to add them to the 53 man roster if taken also.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Keep in mind that a player on a given team's PS has to mutually agree to sign with another team to join their active roster, if offered.....it's not an automatic thing. It's not at all uncommon for PS players to turn down those opportunities in order to stay with their current team as a PS player in lieu of an active roster offer from another team (which is only guaranteed for 3 weeks). The Seahawks did this last season with at least one player (can't remember who it was) by paying that player the maximum allowed amount for a PS player (which I believe is $15K/week) to keep him from accepting an active roster offer that he received during the season from another team.