KJR: Chris Clemons - torn ACL?

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
Although it won’t get as much attention as the injury suffered by Robert Griffin III, the Seahawks are also concerned on Sunday night about a knee injury suffered by a key player.

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll acknowledged after the game that the team is worried about the injury suffered by defensive end Chris Clemons, who started all 16 games during the regular season and led the team with 11.5 sacks. Carroll said Clemons will have an MRI back in Seattle on Monday.

A league source told PFT’s Darin Gantt that there’s fear Clemons has an ACL injury.

So the Seahawks will have to cross their fingers and await Monday’s MRI results, hoping that their top pass rusher will be available to them as they move forward in the playoffs.

Wow huge loss. Irvin replaces Clemons and Scruggs replaces Irvin, right?

IHateSleeves

Reaction score
Hope Chris comes out okay, he made huge plays in this game. My guess is Ray Edwards is on a plane to Seattle right now though.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
That is exactly what i thought happened. Sucks.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Shanahan would play him.

Seriously though, sucks to lose Chris.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I refuse to believe that's what it is. Nope.

TheHawkDoc

Reaction score
Very concerned about this going forward this year AND looking to the start of next year. Devastating loss if true. He's the most underrated player on this defense and easily our best pure pass rusher.

kmedic

Reaction score
Devastating loss if true. Looks like he's out for the rest of the playoffs even if wasn't a complete tear. We're playing a non-mobile QB too in Matt Ryan so he would've been a definite factor. O well, as Pete preaches, next man up.

bellingerga

Reaction score
While I think this sucks and I really want Clem out there, ready to go, I think Bruce is going to do just fine in replacing him, and he was drafted to be his eventual replacement anyway, was he not?

Bruce looked great today.

Still, positive thoughts for Clem.. hope he's ok he's just been a beast for us.

Kooshster

Reaction score
All because of that STUPID turf that Dan Snyder was too stupid/cheap to re-sod because he's a MORON.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
Sorry no link.

I just heard on the radio 950 KJR that Clemins agent fears a torn ACL.
Wont know for sure until tomorrow when they run tests.

If its true... I hope BRUUUUCE Irvin has his game face on in ATL next week!

OP
OP
VancitySeahawk

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Clemons has telltale signs of ACL - looseness in joint and swelling with no pain. Seahawks figure this is the end of his season
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

2m Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Seahawks fear an ACL tear for top pass rusher Chris Clemons, who caught his cleat in that shoddy turf in Washington. MRI in AM. Looks bad
Expand

Fox0r

Reaction score
Looked like an ACL when he went down. Wouldn't surprise me. Bruce looked good in a full time role. That is the good news.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
No one knows for sure. MRI tomorrow as has been discussed on other posts.

Latest posts