KW/ZC rushing stats. wth

Boohman14

Reaction score
I feel like Charbs is beater back you want to wear down the defenses with, then Walker is the knife back who will slice them up when’re they’re tired.
I don't know. Walker is a threat to score every time he has the ball. We played the Number 1 defense in the NFL using a patchwork O-line. I thought the play calling was pretty good.

Geno was always short or behind Metcalf in passing it seemed. I thought Geno was too tentative in his passing.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not sure why some think that Walker can't get the tough yards and/or pound it in there. He's very capable and has done it plenty of times. BOTH guys are damn good. But calling for Charbs as RB1? Come on :rolleyes:

morgulon1

Reaction score
Part of the reason the passing game is sub-par is because we are deliberately not running as much as we should. ZC needs more carries.

I'd personally like to see them swithch the load where Charbs gets the early down / game carries and Walker comes in to burn defenses when they're a bit winded.
Then unleash McIntosh for a portion of the 4th .

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
vs. Browns

KW 8/66, 8.3ypc
ZC 5/53, 10.6ypc
13 rush, 40 pass

Why are we at 3/1 passing/rush when Geno is stinking it up and the RBs are kicking ass.

I was thinking Waldron called an OK game and the execution sucked. After seeing this, WTF WAS HE THINKING?
I said it in another thread, I believe the Seahawks are passing more than they are running primarily on the fact that they are “saving” their running backs workload usage for the end of the season and playoffs.

Employing this strategy allows the receivers/tight ends to get accustomed and build chemistry with the quarterback so when they go to “Pete ball” the receivers will be “ready.”

The running backs even though the stats are “saying” run the ball more, are taking less of a pounding and being further “preserved” more or less.

We’ve seen year after year of “Pete ball” fading cause the running backs couldn’t sustain through the entire season and Seattle couldn’t run effectively in playoffs because so many injuries affected them.

What Seattle is doing now is meant to keep the running backs “primed and fresher” for the bigger battles later to come…

But this is just my theory…

keasley45

Reaction score
Not sure why some think that Walker can't get the tough yards and/or pound it in there. He's very capable and has done it plenty of times. BOTH guys are damn good. But calling for Charbs as RB1? Come on :rolleyes:

Walker is known as a bounce it outside runner. Inside runs are not his game. I dont think anyone said he's soft. But its pretty obvious the between the tackles carries, even when they are designed to go there, are not something he gravitates to.

I also didnt advocate relegating Walker to RB2 because he wasnt playing well. My point is that if you want to set the tone for your running game, its helpful to do that with power. Finesse is fine, but when finesse fails (as it has for us this year and last with the stretch runs and outside bounces) you hand the advantage to the Dline.

Pounding the ball sooner (Charbs is better suited for that) just seems to me to make more sense. Every time the dude is in the game he makes a play. and they are different runs than what you see with Walker. If you are hitting the D over and over for 2.5 qtrs and they are getting winded, and then you let Walker beat them silly around the edges because they cant keep up...

Its not about RB1 v RB2. Its about strategy. Our strategy so far this year running the ball stinks.

Last edited:

sutz

Reaction score
What a difference a week makes. Last week, we "pounded the rock" at the goal line too many times, "running into a brick wall" 3 times. This week, with the exception of a couple of breakaway runs, we were averaging around 3 yards per carry and we're mad because we passed too much.

Can't win, even when we win. :LOL:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not even. This team abandons the run A LOT. Been that way for years. Yet, they often are on the bad side of the TOP battle.
They were up 14 zip, and just decide to hardly tote the rock the rest of the way? Just bad play calling and coaching, just my opinion.