KW/ZC rushing stats. wth

renofox

Reaction score
vs. Browns

KW 8/66, 8.3ypc
ZC 5/53, 10.6ypc
13 rush, 40 pass

Why are we at 3/1 passing/rush when Geno is stinking it up and the RBs are kicking ass.

I was thinking Waldron called an OK game and the execution sucked. After seeing this, WTF WAS HE THINKING?

knownone

Reaction score
Charbonnet still averaged more YPC than KW
Sure. But that's five carries, and his best runs were draws. I don't think running the ball more would have been effective. If anything, I think savvy play-calling was what caught Cleveland off guard.

keasley45

Reaction score
Part of the reason the passing game is sub-par is because we are deliberately not running as much as we should. ZC needs more carries.

I'd personally like to see them swithch the load where Charbs gets the early down / game carries and Walker comes in to burn defenses when they're a bit winded.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Hawks were 4-12 on 3rd down. If they start converting more they will both get more carries.

Reactions: LTH

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I don't care who gets the carries, they are both good running backs, but yeah let's run the ball more.

Reactions: LTH

kidhawk

Reaction score
We started the game running and passing to Lockett. It succeeded. Then we started passing more and more with very mixed results.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Dare I say it, forcing the ball to DK didn’t help.
The chemistry is non existent with DK right now. A lot of that probably has to do with DK not practicing that much this season.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Why Lockett gets ignored for long streaks is the hardest to understand. Geno was forcing it to DK and the run game wasn’t that impressive outside of KWs big run and some runs near at the end.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I feel like Geno is trying to hard to get DK locked in. Let the game come and don’t force things.

Lockett, Bobo, and JSN along with a stable of capable TEs. Really haven’t seen a team like this in a long time.

LTH

Reaction score
If they run more it's going to make play action easier to sell ,that going to give fewer but better chances for a big passing play to Metcalf or Lockett or for that matter Bobo and then throw in JSN.. that's why they like to throw the ball. This team , once they get in to rhythm, is going to be highly explosive, in fact I will say very close to the best passing game in the NFL. It's brewing watch what happens in the next 3 games.

When they start figuring out how to pass Walker, Charbonnet and Macintosh in open space things are going to get wild!

LTH

JPatera76

Reaction score
I like Walker, but I think this offense would be better off with Charbonnet as RB1.
I feel like Charbs is beater back you want to wear down the defenses with, then Walker is the knife back who will slice them up when’re they’re tired.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, it's maddening that they just abandon the run. Geno was solid in the first quarter and at the end. But.....asking him to throw it 37 times is just not smart football, imo.
Sure they won, and it was a great battle against a damn good team. But, pound the damn rock, you have the horses for it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I feel like Geno is trying to hard to get DK locked in. Let the game come and don’t force things.

Lockett, Bobo, and JSN along with a stable of capable TEs. Really haven’t seen a team like this in a long time.
Everyone is contributing, 5-2, first place. This team is on the rise. Especially if they start running the damn ball more.