Kyler Murray 'needs to grow up a little bit

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
He's not even a QB he's a baseball shortstop
His accomplishments in the game of football would disagree with you.
NFL OROY
HEISMAN TROPHY
AP college POY

He is not my favorite player and the HOF is a dream at this point but come on 107td in 57 games is solid QB play.
Add 16 Cardinals team records and I would say maturity aside he has been a legit QB.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
His accomplishments in the game of football would disagree with you.
NFL OROY
HEISMAN TROPHY
AP college POY

He is not my favorite player and the HOF is a dream at this point but come on 107td in 57 games is solid QB play.
Add 16 Cardinals team records and I would say maturity aside he has been a legit QB.
That's a well-argued comment.

I agree. I'd say Murray was in the third quartile of QBs in 2022, but he was in the middle of the pack in 2020 and top-ten in 2021. He's a legit NFL starting QB, despite his size. He is genuinely among the top thirty people in the world at what he does. If he's actually better as a shortstop than as a QB, then wow.

Murray definitely has his weaknesses, and I don't think he's going to last very long in the NFL, but he's been a reasonably good player so far. I don't like him, at least in part because he plays for the Cardinals, and I don't think he's worth anywhere near the cap space he'll occupy starting in 2024, but he is not only very clearly a QB, he's a decent starting QB in by far the best gridiron football league in the world.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I went and looked up Murray's baseball career. He played infield (second base and shortstop) in high school and was going to be an infielder at Texas A&M, but he transferred, and after that, he played in the outfield.

Murray is the only player in history to have been drafted in the first round of both the NFL and MLB drafts. So yeah, he's pretty good at baseball, but it looks like he's not a shortstop at all, and it seems unlikely he's better at baseball than he is as a QB.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
worst body language since Scam Newton and non existent leadership skills.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Mr. Body Language. The perfect description of that guy. I was SO happy when they signed him to that ridiculous contract.