Kyler Murray crushed the Cardinals' offseason, teammates say

seabowl

Reaction score
He is literally a Smurf among men. Not even close to Russ in size. What made Russ different as a smaller QB was his hand size was that of a person almost a foot taller. It's not the height but ball control that's important.

IMO Murray wi l be serviceable but more Seneca Wallace than Russ.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
seabowl":5t13atsd said:
He is literally a Smurf among men. Not even close to Russ in size. What made Russ different as a smaller QB was his hand size was that of a person almost a foot taller. It's not the height but ball control that's important.

IMO Murray wi l be serviceable but more Seneca Wallace than Russ.
I watched the game last night and he was beyond terrible. Couldn't deal with pressure at all. Unless his oline suddenly becomes all pro at every position is doesnt bode well.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
He really struggled last night, even beyond his stat line. His first two throws were open and he just missed on them.

It's the type of inconsistency you'd expect from a rookie coming off some very impressive throws last week.

He also got repeatedly flagged because Kingsbury won't drop the college clapping and move to cadences, which is going to (dumbly IMO) get flagged over and over again in the NFL, and also further disadvantages an O-line that's already weak in pass pro.

Whatever Murray ends up doing this year, I doubt it's going to be as bad as some people on this board will insist it is. Starting with Andrew Luck this board has a long history of trashing every young QB in the NFL who shows something, has some promise, or other NFL fans are excited about. Russell Wilson haunts these posts and threads in a very bizarre way, IMO.

pehawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2e4zs9uw said:
He really struggled last night, even beyond his stat line. His first two throws were open and he just missed on them.

It's the type of inconsistency you'd expect from a rookie coming off some very impressive throws last week.

He also got repeatedly flagged because Kingsbury won't drop the college clapping and move to cadences, which is going to (dumbly IMO) get flagged over and over again in the NFL, and also further disadvantages an O-line that's already weak in pass pro.

Whatever Murray ends up doing this year, I doubt it's going to be as bad as some people on this board will insist it is. Starting with Andrew Luck this board has a long history of trashing every young QB in the NFL who shows something, has some promise, or other NFL fans are excited about. Russell Wilson haunts these posts and threads in a very bizarre way, IMO.

Haha @seahawks.netrubes

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1p4y0i6p said:

The only issue most have with Andrew Luck was the bias shown to him over Wilson because of his draft position. I really like AL but injuries have been a big issue.

Most Whiners are still miffed Seahawk fans were right about Kaepernick.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Popeyejones":eobeye5l said:

Oh how quick people on this board are to forget the long, long thread about Wilson's first game at Arizona. It's in the archives, too: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=50155

chris98251

Reaction score
Well looking at the Career back up versus the Once in a generation talent comparison in their debut, I think the Career back up has a leg up based on first impression in the league.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1qdv0v5g said:
The only issue most have with Andrew Luck was the bias shown to him over Wilson because of his draft position. I really like AL but injuries have been a big issue.

Agreed that Luck has gotten the brunt of the vitriol, but it's Luck, Prescott, Wentz, Rodgers, Newton, etc., etc.

I've seen all those guys get trashed here in a way that I don't see them get trashed other places.

UK_Seahawk":1qdv0v5g said:

Yeah, you guys losing your minds over a headphones commercial and that he had a shoe collection still really sticks in my craw. :lol: :lol: :roll:

Maulbert

Reaction score
Popeyejones":t0es0l31 said:
UK_Seahawk":t0es0l31 said:

Agreed that Luck has gotten the brunt of the vitriol, but it's Luck, Prescott, Wentz, Rodgers, Newton, etc., etc.

I've seen all those guys get trashed here in a way that I don't see them get trashed other places.

UK_Seahawk":t0es0l31 said:

Yeah, you guys losing your minds over a headphones commercial and that he had a shoe collection still really sticks in my craw. :lol: :lol: :roll:

Yeah, because that's TOTALLY what he was referencing. :roll:

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Maulbert":dd7a1k15 said:
Popeyejones":dd7a1k15 said:
UK_Seahawk":dd7a1k15 said:

UK_Seahawk":dd7a1k15 said:

It's not his fault, Jaws said he had all the tools to become the greatest QB the NFL has ever seen.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Maulbert":3i44jliw said:
Popeyejones":3i44jliw said:
UK_Seahawk":3i44jliw said:

UK_Seahawk":3i44jliw said:

WHOOOOSH

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Just as a point of clarification (and as real question):

Did this "future Hall of Famer" refrain actually come from somewhere (in that someone or multiple people actually said this, as Soulfish and Chris claimed), or are you guys just making it up and then rolling your eyes at your own invention like the Doug Baldwin "feed my kids" thing?

Sorry if I missed it but a very quick google search doesn't find anything.

pehawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":tbp82ui6 said:
Just as a point of clarification (and as real question):

Did this "future Hall of Famer" refrain actually come from somewhere (in that someone or multiple people actually said this, as Soulfish and Chris claimed), or are you guys just making it up and then rolling your eyes at your own invention like the Doug Baldwin "feed my kids" thing?

Sorry if I missed it but a very quick google search doesn't find anything.

Random comment - Popeye is the best football poster on our board and it's not even close. Our best contributor wears a JJ Stokes jersey to bed every night. We all kind of suck.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's partial sarcasm. I just laugh at how so many are crowning him a future great before he's even played a down in the NFL.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Gotcha. Thanks.

I guess I'm just coming across this future great talk a lot less than some people are.

I rememeber the report that started this thread about his teammates claiming he was having a great offseason (which, I mean, LOL, when in the history of the NFL has someone not said that about their teammate's offseason), but most of the intrique around Murray I've seen has been about his skillset and it's fit with the offense Kingsbury is trying to bring into the NFL.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2qar6y71 said:
Popeyejones":2qar6y71 said:

Oh how quick people on this board are to forget the long, long thread about Wilson's first game at Arizona. It's in the archives, too: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=50155

Yikes Day 1 Cboom said RW is terrible, can't throw in the pocket, too short etc.

Held that opinion with throughout with all evidence to the contrary. Gotta admire that pigheadedness.