Lang visited (UPDATE: signs with Lions)

RiverDog

Reaction score
nwgamer":cgjs5m58 said:
with Denver signing an OG today .. that might take them out of the picture too here.... :snack:

Lang canceled his visit with the Broncos, so they're most definitely out of the picture.

My understanding is that Lang told the Packers that he'd give them a chance to match any offer he got, so if he did leave here without signing as has been rumored, it's to be expected and would mean that the ball is in the Packer's court.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
If no Lang, I would imagine our FO will take a look at Fluker, Bell and/or Schwenke. Fluker and Schwenke have positional flexibility.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2ixzm5bi said:
If we get Lang in addition to Joeckel, and maybe add a few contributors in the draft, we can get to the Super Bowl. No doubt in my mind.

If the pre-2016 defense returns, yes.

With Richard still in place and stubborn Pete ("we just do what we do"), I don't see the defense evolving like it needs to. Teams know how to exploit our zone know.

nwHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":bs13yet9 said:
I don't see Lang signing here, purely because we heard about the possibility before the Seahawks announced it.

PC/JS's modus operandi is to surprise us.

I had the same feeling. They typically hold that info inside close doors. The only other free agent that I remember the JS/PC era openly leaking their pursuit was Peyton Manning. We'll see soon enough.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":34nhvukl said:
Maelstrom787":34nhvukl said:
If we get Lang in addition to Joeckel, and maybe add a few contributors in the draft, we can get to the Super Bowl. No doubt in my mind.

With Richard still in place and stubborn Pete ("we just do what we do"), I don't see the defense evolving like it needs to. Teams know how to exploit our zone know.

They have known from day one how to attack this defense. It is not hard to figure out. It has always been, do you have the personnel to beat it. Now we are seeing teams copy the blueprint, and also all NFC teams are now being built to beat the Seahawks. Hard to get the guys you want when everybody else are drafting the same guys.

I think the injuries aren't getting enough blame for the defenses (which was still top 5)struggles. This was a top 5 team in terms of injuries, and yet was a 10 win team. Without injuries, a few new guys, and an offense that can stay on the field, this defense will be back on top. They were two teams away from breaking the all time football, not NFL, but professional footballs record for number one scoring defense for the fourth year straight.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Establish a run game and give our defense some time off the field and we could have been the #1 D.

Too many stalled drives on O, and to many 3rd down completions let up by the D.

Bolster the OL & RB in FA.

Draft CB, S, LB, and DT early.

Weakest Positions on this team
RT
LT
#2 CB
SLB
#3 CB
DT
FS

kf3339

Reaction score
Wenhawk":22rlf0sj said:
Establish a run game and give our defense some time off the field and we could have been the #1 D.

Too many stalled drives on O, and to many 3rd down completions let up by the D.

Bolster the OL & RB in FA.

Draft CB, S, LB, and DT early.

Weakest Positions on this team
RT
LT
#2 CB
SLB
#3 CB
DT
FS

That looks pretty spot on to me.

getnasty

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":2bzgu1f0 said:
FlyingGreg":2bzgu1f0 said:
Maelstrom787":2bzgu1f0 said:

They have known from day one how to attack this defense. It is not hard to figure out. It has always been, do you have the personnel to beat it. Now we are seeing teams copy the blueprint, and also all NFC teams are now being built to beat the Seahawks. Hard to get the guys you want when everybody else are drafting the same guys.

I think the injuries aren't getting enough blame for the defenses (which was still top 5)struggles. This was a top 5 team in terms of injuries, and yet was a 10 win team. Without injuries, a few new guys, and an offense that can stay on the field, this defense will be back on top. They were two teams away from breaking the all time football, not NFL, but professional footballs record for number one scoring defense for the fourth year straight.

This is spot on. The only difference with the Defense this year was Earl being out and not being able to run the ball. If we can get the run game back and start winning that TOP we'll be right were we need to be.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Seymour":1aa3mfa8 said:
Hmmm. I would think we should hear something this morning.

As we wait, some good reading material on the subject...

“He’s as fine an offensive lineman as I’ve had an opportunity to coach in 20-plus years in this league,” McCarthy said. “His leadership is significant in our locker room.”

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...ng-tj-lang-could-get-costly-packers/98812460/

I can't even find anything saying he left Seattle. Usually, the media is on saying that they are leaving, without a contract. I just hope he is still in Seattle.

Seymour

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":2dgqh0rq said:
Seymour":2dgqh0rq said:

“He’s as fine an offensive lineman as I’ve had an opportunity to coach in 20-plus years in this league,” McCarthy said. “His leadership is significant in our locker room.”

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...ng-tj-lang-could-get-costly-packers/98812460/

I can't even find anything saying he left Seattle. Usually, the media is on saying that they are leaving, without a contract. I just hope he is still in Seattle.

I see no reason for him to rush off at this point. They just need to communicate the offer to GB and ask if they can come close. He doesn't need to be there for that. I think if he left, there would be some indication of that, but if he stayed, they could more easily hide that. I'll go with still here....for now.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Seymour":ttdrvv33 said:
Jimjones0384":ttdrvv33 said:
Seymour":ttdrvv33 said:

I see no reason for him to rush off at this point. They just need to communicate the offer to GB and ask if they can come close. He doesn't need to be there for that. I think if he left, there would be some indication of that, but if he stayed, they could more easily hide that. I'll go with still here....for now.

I like your thought process, I have to agree. I bet the Seattle media has people at the airport 24 hours a day, just to see if he leaves. This could be good. I like the idea of the packer reunion they pulled off too. I think lacy would be huge too, pun not intended.

TAB420

Reaction score
Probably nothing, but Britt started following Lang on Twitter...I'm that bored.

RussB

Reaction score
IrishNW":1cwkr6w6 said:
Is this guy any good? I have never heard of this guy until the past few days. Id rather not throw money at average players
Hes really good. Only allowed one sack all of last year and is one of the best pass blocking gaurds in the whole league.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
RussB":ku7om7dr said:
IrishNW":ku7om7dr said:
Is this guy any good? I have never heard of this guy until the past few days. Id rather not throw money at average players
Hes really good. Only allowed one sack all of last year and is one of the best pass blocking gaurds in the whole league.

Sadly, they won't let him get away with holding, if he is a seahawk.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
harryjohnson":2a3ii239 said:
I don't see this happening. Hawks don't pay top dollar for FA.

They are more than willing to spend on outside people. Matt Flynn made a pile of money. Although through trade, Graham and harvin got paid a lot of money. One thing they haven't done before, is roll out the red carpet for someone, as they seem to have done for lang. If reports are true, obviously.

harryjohnson

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":2ab9bhvv said:
harryjohnson":2ab9bhvv said:
I don't see this happening. Hawks don't pay top dollar for FA.

They are more than willing to spend on outside people. Matt Flynn made a pile of money. Although through trade, Graham and harvin got paid a lot of money. One thing they haven't done before, is roll out the red carpet for someone, as they seem to have done for lang. If reports are true, obviously.

I said top dollar. I hope I'm wrong. I really do.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":32sdnasq said:
Seymour":32sdnasq said:

I agree, it seems strange that even the guy who reported his plane was delayed has said nothing since. We know the local media doesn't have a clue so who knows what's going on.

Maybe he's still here getting his hip and ankle (or whatever it was) checked out.