Lang visited (UPDATE: signs with Lions)

nash72

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1yft9ja6 said:
You're pitting your non-expert assessments of player evaluations against the Seahawks brain trust?...Sorry, but I ain't in your corner.

If you followed the team for the last few years, you should be.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
nash72":3s5qr0p1 said:
scutterhawk":3s5qr0p1 said:
You're pitting your non-expert assessments of player evaluations against the Seahawks brain trust?...Sorry, but I ain't in your corner.

The last few years have included two NFC west championships, one NFC championship, a trip to the SB and at least the second round of the playoffs each time...yeah you'd do so much better :roll:

nash72

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1s94khry said:
nash72":1s94khry said:
scutterhawk":1s94khry said:

The last few years have included two NFC west championships, one NFC championship, a trip to the SB and at least the second round of the playoffs each time...yeah you'd do so much better :roll:

And getting worse each year.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
If we were 1.5 mil away then that sucks. I know he would of helped the o-line and 1.5 mil is not much when you consider the type of lineman Lang is. However, did he give the Hawks a chance to match the Detroit offer?

All I can hope for now is to sign another lineman in FA, not sure who at this point, and draft a couple guys to compete.

TAB420

Reaction score
The Lions are paying him 11.5 the first year.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
nash72":1lfg37bt said:
Hawkfan77":1lfg37bt said:
nash72":1lfg37bt said:
scutterhawk":1lfg37bt said:

Getting to the divisional playoff round isn't cause for alarm just yet.

Josea16

Reaction score
Uncle Si":21ic3trd said:
Maybe they don't share your assertions on Joeckel?

You illogically assume they didn't go up 1.5 mill because of Joeckel. Perhaps they had a number for Lang and that was that
I figure that would be a reason among others that our armchair GM's on .Net have no clue about. Come on, how about you guys do me solid and do the Missouri thing? "Show Me" you're better then JS when it isn't fantasy football hour. They are in fact signing young veteran NFL OL guys on low risk contracts in the current OL FA market straight across the board because the guy they wanted used US as pure leverage to make the team he really wanted to be with pay seriously and with no out.

Josea16

Reaction score
nash72":pg1fn9xq said:
Hawkfan77":pg1fn9xq said:
nash72":pg1fn9xq said:
scutterhawk":pg1fn9xq said:

At this point I am questioning if you actually were a fan in the Nash era or just trolling? The last 5 years are the only time in this franchise's entire history that it has made multiple playoff appearances with wins EVERY time each and every year. While being painfully young almost everywhere except in the ONE year the draft is loaded to change where we're getting old (defense).

Josea16

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3f6tco2v said:
If we were 1.5 mil away then that sucks. I know he would of helped the o-line and 1.5 mil is not much when you consider the type of lineman Lang is. However, did he give the Hawks a chance to match the Detroit offer?

All I can hope for now is to sign another lineman in FA, not sure who at this point, and draft a couple guys to compete.
Obviously not, we always have a hard number it's what makes our FO kick ass. They always go in with an actual plan. Dude was straight up, he wanted to stay in the Midwest and really wanted to be in Michigan. He made no bones about the fact that location was more important then pure money. Even with that Detroit (in Michigan) had to overpay because we made a seriously good offer that is very close to what Detroit offered and he isn't even a West Coast guy and was ready to sign. It's just what you have to do when a particular market goes insane fast. Basically have a number and never go above it IF said number understands current market prices.