Larry Fitzgerald concussion

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2br8my49 said:
Palmer also has a high ankle sprain, and he's already one of the least mobile QB's in the league.
Yeah I actually think this is a more ominous injury for the Cards than Fitz's.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Too bad for Fitz. For the first time in a long time he has a team around him with half a chance to make a playoff run, and he gets dinged before they even start. I got no love for the Cards, but Fitz is such an awesome dude I hope he makes it back.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Steve2222":x0zxhfxm said:
Ad Hawk":x0zxhfxm said:
Fitz should be a first-ballot HOF WR. His athleticism, sportsmanship, and clutch (pun intended) ability are not often equaled in their individual aspects, and nobody has the complete package in the NFL right now.

I'd also hate to see concussions put him out of the league; at his age, this becomes a real scenario.

WR is an incredibly tough position to make the HoF. I doubt he makes it. He's had too many mediocre years.

This is probably true. Fitzgerald has 11,000+ yards receiving and 87 TDs. Carter had almost 14,000 yards and 130 TDs and he wasn't a first ballot guy.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3rbxzwuu said:
Steve2222":3rbxzwuu said:
Ad Hawk":3rbxzwuu said:
Fitz should be a first-ballot HOF WR. His athleticism, sportsmanship, and clutch (pun intended) ability are not often equaled in their individual aspects, and nobody has the complete package in the NFL right now.

I'd also hate to see concussions put him out of the league; at his age, this becomes a real scenario.

WR is an incredibly tough position to make the HoF. I doubt he makes it. He's had too many mediocre years.

This is probably true. Fitzgerald has 11,000+ yards receiving and 87 TDs. Carter had almost 14,000 yards and 130 TDs and he wasn't a first ballot guy.

The only QB worth a damn that Fitz has had is Warner. Aside from that, they have been piles of poop at Qb for the Cards.

Hawknight

Reaction score
I think Sherman will be disappointed as I'm sure he was looking forward to this matchup with Fitz!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":igwicfbx said:
Steve2222":igwicfbx said:
Ad Hawk":igwicfbx said:

Fitzgerald is only 30, so he's got a good 6-7 years left. So by the time his career's over he's going to surpass Carter's numbers.

On top of that he's arguably the most highly respected and admired WR of all time (along with Largent), which goes a long way with HOF voters.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":11nqzoje said:
Sarlacc83":11nqzoje said:
Steve2222":11nqzoje said:
Ad Hawk":11nqzoje said:

Fitzgerald is only 30, so he's got a good 6-7 years left. So by the time his career's over he's going to surpass Carter's numbers.

On top of that he's arguably the most highly respected and admired WR of all time (along with Largent), which goes a long way with HOF voters.

I'm rooting for him to make the HOF, don't get me wrong. He's just not on a great pace to do it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
twelthmanfan":46fvuflt said:
His daddy just posted his son is doing great. He will not miss this game.

LOL. I'm not sure that's how it works. Pretty sure there are some pretty stringent concussion tests and protocols Larry has to pass during the week for him to be cleared to play Sunday.

No player, regardless of concussion severity is cleared to play on MONDAY. So Larry Sr needs to stay off Twitter.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Wouldn't be the same with his typical 2-4 catches against the LOB.

Actually, Fitz is great and I wish him well!

themunn

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":113qqdip said:
Steve2222":113qqdip said:
Ad Hawk":113qqdip said:

He's only failed to break the 1000 mark twice in the last 8 years (but maybe this year too, we'll see) - one was shortened by injury and the other was last year when his QBs couldn't get the ball anywhere near him.
Fitz is the youngest player EVER to hit 11,000 yard mark. Barring injury it's likely that he plays on until only Jerry Rice is ahead of him in receiving yards.
Though at the rate Megatron is racking up yards it wouldn't surprise me if he reaches that mark faster...

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2mnwy7cq said:
No way in hell Fitz misses the Hall of Fame, come on.

I don't know... really.

Here's his competition for the HoF when he's eligible:

Issac Bruce
Tory Holt
Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
Chad Johnson
Marvin Harrison
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Reggie Wayne
Steve Smith
Roddie White
Wes Welker

From that list, I'd say that Owens, Moss, Harrison, Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson are pretty much "locks" or very close to it.

I'd put Fitz in the next tier.

If he makes it, it will take a good number of ballots.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The concussion test he passed was a test that allowed him to drive home.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3mgdvkkr said:
SoulfishHawk":3mgdvkkr said:
No way in hell Fitz misses the Hall of Fame, come on.

I don't know... really.

Here's his competition for the HoF when he's eligible:

Issac Bruce
Tory Holt
Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
Chad Johnson
Marvin Harrison
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Reggie Wayne
Steve Smith
Roddie White
Wes Welker

From that list, I'd say that Owens, Moss, Harrison, Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson are pretty much "locks" or very close to it.

I'd put Fitz in the next tier.

If he makes it, it will take a good number of ballots.

I gotta believe that TO would have the most epic acceptance speech out of all of them.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Saw on the ticker last night that Arians said Fitz "Has a long way to go before being cleared"

Polaris

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3528gz1d said:
Saw on the ticker last night that Arians said Fitz "Has a long way to go before being cleared"

Yep. Apparently the first "cleared" story was released by Fitz's father. From what I hear, he was cleared to go home, but hasn't (yet) passed the NFL concussion protocols to come back as an active player.