Why we might have a chance vs. Niners...

strohmin

Reaction score
The defense is absolutely night and day from last year. Shanahan has always had trouble with Carroll teams, outside of last year. Well, this one is a bit more like the traditional Carroll team. The defense is more similar to that.

We have a pass rush again. We have versatile coverage pieces. We have Adams, who increases the versatility of the D and covers a ton of ground. We have another dude in Witherspoon who can do it all. We can actually stop the run again.

I think we have a better shot than we did in 2022. Just on that simple fact.

At least keep it close. We got another shot in 2 weeks.
This team can beat anybody but their discipline is what makes them a mediocre team. Let's see how disciplined they play tommorrow.

hawks85

Reaction score
I got this feeling Seattle is gonna put it altogether starting tomorrow. I feel like they've been holding back a little bit just for this game.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
This team has the talent to turn it on, they just haven't. That's why all the low optimism. If they lose tomorrow I think it will feel like season over for a lot of folks.

NoGain

Reaction score
VERY disappointed (as we all are) with that last loss to the Rams. I wanted to head into this game with some positive momentum and at least put up some kind of a fight. Our Hawks have been unable to get over some kind of a hump. The opening loss to the Rams, then a nice win streak, only to be obliterated by the Ravens. Then we get a rebound win against the Commanders, only to fall again to the Rams.

We're just not there yet. We've got a bunch of shiny new good pieces, but we're just not near the elite yet.

knownone

Reaction score
I agree. Winning will depend on Geno's health, keeping the game close, and not becoming one-dimensional on offense. The Niners are below average in run defense.

I'd feel much more confident if Walker and Geno were both healthy. But overall, the Hawks should be able to hang around. And if the Rams taught us anything last week, you can steal a win if you hang around long enough.

Xxx

Reaction score
I agree. Winning will depend on Geno's health, keeping the game close, and not becoming one-dimensional on offense. The Niners are below average in run defense.

I'd feel much more confident if Walker and Geno were both healthy. But overall, the Hawks should be able to hang around. And if the Rams taught us anything last week, you can steal a win if you hang around long enough.
If our one dimension is punch them in the mouth over and over it might work

AlbaHawk

Reaction score
Sorry but I don't see it happening this week. Way too inconsistent but there is always that annoying feeling, the hope that this week will be diferent.

Vesuve

Reaction score
2 starting guards are questionable for the Niners:
Aaron Banks and Spencer Burford.

Also a CB and a DE, but considered less impactful.

Source: Brendon Nelson

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Smash-mouth football should be the game plan, beat the 49ers at their own game. Send them home living up to their namesake as the 4TWhiners…

Palmegranite

Reaction score
The key to a win is Geno. Geno needs to be fresh, alert for all four quarters.

Suggestions: Take a nap before game time, followed by a cold shower. Then maybe a strong dark-roast coffee before heading out onto the field, and at halftime.

Finally, the go-to to for all QBs to push you over the edge competitiveness-wise when the team is putting that 4th quarter comeback drive down the field on your shoulders:

Smelling Salts!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
While I'm expecting a loss tomorrow, I'm not gonna' shocked if the Hawks win this game. Just look at their prime-time record under Pete. Esp. at home.
They absolutely CAN beat the Niners. But only if they FINALLY play a 4-quarter game of great football.

This 100%. The man in the suit says take the 49ers as it seems obvious, but is it to obvious? Like Soul said, I wouldn't be surprised either way.

xray

Reaction score
Somehow break both of Christian McCaffrey's knees ; because if not ; that little white guy will move the sticks , own the clock and embarrass the Hawks D . imo