Why we might have a chance vs. Niners...

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The defense is absolutely night and day from last year. Shanahan has always had trouble with Carroll teams, outside of last year. Well, this one is a bit more like the traditional Carroll team. The defense is more similar to that.

We have a pass rush again. We have versatile coverage pieces. We have Adams, who increases the versatility of the D and covers a ton of ground. We have another dude in Witherspoon who can do it all. We can actually stop the run again.

I think we have a better shot than we did in 2022. Just on that simple fact.

At least keep it close. We got another shot in 2 weeks.

Xxx

Reaction score
We need this one. And I think we have a chance. Just gotta manage the game. The 49ers have a better pass rush but what else. I think they are very physical and win by beating the crap out of you. If we can withstand the beating and rope-a-dope long enough we will just need to win the fourth quarter and the rams game will become a forgotten afterthought

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
While I'm expecting a loss tomorrow, I'm not gonna' shocked if the Hawks win this game. Just look at their prime-time record under Pete. Esp. at home.
They absolutely CAN beat the Niners. But only if they FINALLY play a 4-quarter game of great football.

Xxx

Reaction score
While I'm expecting a loss tomorrow, I'm not gonna' shocked if the Hawks win this game. Just look at their prime-time record under Pete. Esp. at home.
They absolutely CAN beat the Niners. But only if they FINALLY play a 4-quarter game of great football.

I am feeling my unobjective optimism bubbling up again as we approach game day… go hawks!!!

RiverDog

Reaction score
Well, I'll be shocked if we win. After the last top tier team that we played, ie the Ravens, I can't see us even covering the 7-point spread.

But part of that is my pessimistic nature. I'd rather be expecting a loss and get a win than the other way around.

Xxx

Reaction score
Well, I'll be shocked if we win. After the last top tier team that we played, ie the Ravens, I can't see us even covering the 7-point spread.

But part of that is my pessimistic nature. I'd rather be expecting a loss and get a win than the other way around.
The ravens have a qb and a complete team. The niners are just really mean

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If we have a problem, it's Bobby.

They're gonna kill that poor dude. We gotta hope our other pieces are enough to hold the bleeding off.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I am feeling my unobjective optimism bubbling up again as we approach game day… go hawks!!!
A big reason why Sunday was such a gut punch. Imagine both teams going into this game at 7-3. It's a massive difference in hype and expectations.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
I feel like the 49ers are going to crap their pants in this game, Hawks get to wonder boy and knock him off his game.

cymatica

Reaction score
I don't trust Waldron to call a decent game for 60 minutes against a good defense. Might have a good first half, but once SF adjusts he won't have an answer. Hopefully he proves me wrong and magically breaks his bad habits, but I'm not holding my breath. I have no faith in him anymore.

The one bright spot is that it's a Thursday night game, but they coasted against TB while we got beat up against a bad Rams team.

hoxrox

Reaction score
We have a chance if Geno becomes a mobile/scrambling QB, Bobby reverts to his All-Pro form, and ZC channels Beastmode.

Latest posts