Last redskins "catch"

Ambrose83

Reaction score
It absolutely hit the ground... it was very clear on the one angle.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Still not why they lost. Pathetic Defense called there. And Shaq flat out admitted he gave up on the play.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I am a little bit relieved to hear I wasn't the only one who saw that one clip. The film quality wasn't the best but it was clear enough to see the ball hit the ground squarely and almost simultaneously with the receiver coming down on top of it. All the other replay clips showed what every one else is referencing, which is what looked like he had his hands under the ball and the butt of the ball touching the ground and the nose of the ball pointing upwards. Based on those replay clips, if it were Baldwin, Graham, or any other Seahawk receiver, I would have been arguing that it was a legit catch.

BUT IT WASN'T, it was a trap ball. I also concur that even if they had reversed the call, and we had managed to squeak our way out of Century Link with a win, it would have been one of the ugliest wins this season . This game may prove to be the best thing that could have happened to us, if it shook everyone up enough to recognize and address the ongoing problems we have both on offense and defense.

We clearly have the talent and the skills to beat any team in the NFL. The fact that Earl's and Sheldon's absence has so much impact on our defenses performance, says to me that they are capable of covering up and compensating for problems in our system. If we recognize those problems and find solutions to them, any one of our reserve players should be able to fill in and still execute at a high level.

I'm not discounting Earl or Sheldon, they are gifted playmakers, we are so fortunate to have them in our line up. It supports my thought that we have all the players and coaches we need to dominate in the NFL, if we just get honest with ourselves, own our problems and fix them.

Last but not least, on Sunday I streamed the game thru my computer, instead of watching it on my DTV local, which is a west coast feed, I am pretty sure I caught an east coast feed because the commentators were all Redskins happy throughout the entire game. Maybe that will help someone nail that evasive replay clip down. I know it is irrelevant at this point, but it would make the brainiacs in New York own up to some of their lopsided play calling, that often times causes teams to be axed out of the running, season after season, if they clutz it up often enough in their behalf, and always when it counts the most.

If I didn't know better I'd think they were trying to dictate which teams landed in the playoffs, based upon ticket sales and other associated NFL earning revenues, that they reap from the teams that advance into the playoff and Super Bowl venues.

I don't know how many of you have done the math, but I have, and its very curious at best.. It's no wonder, to me, why the Seahawks are repeatedly found in the playoff picture. Sure it's in part because of our great coaching and great players, but I also recognize that the Seahawks have one of the best, if not the best home field fan attendance records in NFL history, year in year out, winning or losing.

Our TV ratings are phenomenal, where have fallen a little short in past years has been our ticket sales and attendance at away from home games. That is not a factor anymore I don't think, the 12th men,women, and children are filling up our opponents stadiums, in record numbers in recent times. If we can convince New York we can bring in the most money for them in the Super Bowl, we might just get some help getting there as well. That or beat them at their own game and slip by their play calling, and advance, when we weren't supposed to. I know I sound like a stark raving mad man, advancing some cock and bull conspiracy theory, and I probably am just that LMAO.

Go Seahawks !

OP
OP
R

redhawk253

Reaction score
Damn all these guys so definitive that it was a catch.. i clearly see the ball go past his hands as he tried to chest catch it.. tip clearly hits turf.. ball adjusts to diff position on chest. Imo the definition of trapping a ball with the help of the ground.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

253hawk

Reaction score
I don't think it was a trap, but given how hard Doctson bounced off the ground and into the air after, there's no way that ball didn't move just a little bit when it touched the ground after he caught it.

Shouldn't have come down to that anyway. Crap offense in the first half, a bazillion stupid penalties, 3 missed FGs, burning timeouts...

IndyHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":alc4tqut said:
There was a time, long ago, that if the ball touched the ground it wasn’t a catch.

That time has passed.

Was a catch, as much as we all hated it.
That time has NOT passed ..It is still the rule..
What has changed is with the replay it must be conclusive to change the call.
We have no idea what footage they are viewing versus what we saw(The nose touching ect)
At one time we all saw the same play..The same way

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I thought it was moving around in his hands and could've easily been a trap job, but they never showed any frontal angles that would have showed that.

Hawks46

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":306si63t said:
Doesn't change the fact that they had no business being in that defense. Richard magically gets no flack for his brutal late game play calling. Yet again

I don't give a crap what defense we were in or what Richard was doing. If it wasn't a catch, it wasn't a catch.

It doesn't matter anyways. It's over. And official.

253hawk

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":2sw0xsv0 said:
I thought it was moving around in his hands and could've easily been a trap job, but they never showed any frontal angles that would have showed that.

It was the first angle they showed and the smoothest, but they never went back to it and kept showing a bunch of horrible angles with choppy framerates after it.

Here's the best I can do: https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/CanineShabbyAvocet

SeaChat

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that angle, and while it appears pretty clear the ball did slip thru his arms, tip into the turf, It was not clear enough to overturn the call. With that said there was that one angle from the end zone back up the field that clearly shows the ball slip thru his arm, strike the turf, bouncing back up into his chest and arms as he came down on top of it. That replay clip would have resulted in a reversal of the call and been ruled a no catch. Either the officials didn't see that clip or ignored it, and buried in file 13.