Late fumble officially credited to Wilson for a reason.

John63

Reaction score
253hawk":3abw1e5n said:
Wilson put it too high and into the pads. Even if Carson anticipated it, it's almost impossible to get an arm up high enough to get over the ball, especially with pads on.

And yet if you relook atbthebvideo Carson top arm was above the ball.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
John63":9rm9ef9d said:
253hawk":9rm9ef9d said:
Wilson put it too high and into the pads. Even if Carson anticipated it, it's almost impossible to get an arm up high enough to get over the ball, especially with pads on.

And yet if you relook atbthebvideo Carson top arm was above the ball.

Because he was compensating for the high placement. Handoffs are supposed to be lower than that, precisely because the chestpad is bouncy and not a good place to stick a pigskin.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":1xydq1nu said:
the hand off 2as right between Carson's arms like it should be.

You have not played much football or on offense as a back or QB if that's what you think, you put in in the gut so the back can grasp protect and it's low, in the middle of the chest the back has to raise his arms to get it and see the exchange as well, no belly to absorb impact of exchange and a hard surface the shoulder pad chest protection section. It also makes the RB stand up and he loses his drive and momentum. Just a lot wrong with getting it high, also the Defense can rake and knock it out easy on the exchange without the ability to take the hand off in a natural position in the belly where the arms can just wrap and the RB lean has the help of his shoulders to block defenders from the ball and he can not alter his stride to hit a hole.

Not trying to pick a fight but try this at home have a kid our a partner turn and hand you a ball in the gut and then at your breast bone and try and secure and wrap and you will easily see the difference on being able to handle and secure.

253hawk

Reaction score
That's why I said almost. It's very awkward on the shoulder and actually impressive that he was able to do it so quickly. Put the ball in the RB's gut and it sticks (unless it hits their arm), put it on their pads and they have to trap it.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1mke1yu3 said:
quadsas":1mke1yu3 said:
vin.couve12":1mke1yu3 said:
quadsas":1mke1yu3 said:
IT WAS CARSON'S FAULTT MANNNNN, TRADE HIM TO CLEVELAND MANNN.

said a Penny fan with a diaper on
Chill out already. Penny has some tools and is a different back than Carson. It's good to have both backs.

it's not bad. and don't tell me what to do, I have full right to make fun of Penny stans who think he should start over Carson. And that view is fully deserves being made fun of
Name ONE person who has said he should start over Carson.

Scientist....and there are a couple of others as well.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seymour":3ttpd7cd said:
hawksfansinceday1":3ttpd7cd said:
quadsas":3ttpd7cd said:
vin.couve12":3ttpd7cd said:
Chill out already. Penny has some tools and is a different back than Carson. It's good to have both backs.

it's not bad. and don't tell me what to do, I have full right to make fun of Penny stans who think he should start over Carson. And that view is fully deserves being made fun of
Name ONE person who has said he should start over Carson.

Scientist....and there are a couple of others as well.
Perhaps I should've said "people with a clue". :D

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
quadsas":38y9sq3s said:
vin.couve12":38y9sq3s said:
quadsas":38y9sq3s said:

Find me a post where someone suggested Penny should start over Carson?

Penny outplayed Carson today, you're sarcastic post shows how peeved you are about that.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2dbt2wfq said:
However, it wasn't his fault either. Vannett let his man go right by him and the Blitzer got into the exchange at just the right time.

Carson does need to clean up fumbles, yes, but it should be clarified before threads get out of left field.

If I remember correctly all fumbles on QB/RB exchanges are credited to the QB's.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":2ocu59s6 said:
John63":2ocu59s6 said:
the hand off 2as right between Carson's arms like it should be.

You have not played much football or on offense as a back or QB if that's what you think, you put in in the gut so the back can grasp protect and it's low, in the middle of the chest the back has to raise his arms to get it and see the exchange as well, no belly to absorb impact of exchange and a hard surface the shoulder pad chest protection section. It also makes the RB stand up and he loses his drive and momentum. Just a lot wrong with getting it high, also the Defense can rake and knock it out easy on the exchange without the ability to take the hand off in a natural position in the belly where the arms can just wrap and the RB lean has the help of his shoulders to block defenders from the ball and he can not alter his stride to hit a hole.

Not trying to pick a fight but try this at home have a kid our a partner turn and hand you a ball in the gut and then at your breast bone and try and secure and wrap and you will easily see the difference on being able to handle and secure.

Actually I have and have had handoffs high and never had a problem. But whatever lets blame Wilson for it, why not.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":utdm2ln5 said:
quadsas":utdm2ln5 said:
vin.couve12":utdm2ln5 said:
quadsas":utdm2ln5 said:

Penny outplayed Carson today, you're sarcastic post shows how peeved you are about that.
http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=156043

About 3 posts down from this thread.

John63

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":1ftnz988 said:
vin.couve12":1ftnz988 said:
However, it wasn't his fault either. Vannett let his man go right by him and the Blitzer got into the exchange at just the right time.

Carson does need to clean up fumbles, yes, but it should be clarified before threads get out of left field.

If I remember correctly all fumbles on QB/RB exchanges are credited to the QB's.
correct regardless whose fault it is, that said I dont blame Carson either I blame vannett

nanomoz

Reaction score
That fumble should be Carson's full stop. Russ planted the ball in his gut and Carson could have secured it.

As such, 3 lost fumbles in 2 games. This is how you get doghoused by Pete.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":u0gigodf said:
WestcoastSteve":u0gigodf said:
quadsas":u0gigodf said:
vin.couve12":u0gigodf said:

And everyone jumped on him for it. Carson will be fine, his track record suggest he doesn't have a serious fumbling issue.

chris98251

Reaction score
nanomoz":24mep9vl said:
That fumble should be Carson's full stop. Russ planted the ball in his gut and Carson could have secured it.

As such, 3 lost fumbles in 2 games. This is how you get doghoused by Pete.

You didn't watch the replay then it was in his chest on the pads.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
TreeRon":1mxn74r3 said:
quadsas":1mxn74r3 said:

Who is Cleveland Mannn?

Not sure but Terrence Mann is a character from Field of Dreams.

misfit

Reaction score
I believe anytime its a mishandled handoff they credit the qb with the fumble since he didn't complete transitioning the ball from his posession to the rb, even if the rb is at fault.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Still finding something to argue over? This is not a Wilson/Carson conversation. Previous poster was right that technically, all exchange fumbles are credited to the QB, but this was clearly on Vannett.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Watt (pretty sure it was anyway) made a FANTASTIC play to dislodge the ball on fumble number one as well.

As others have said, he doesn't have a history of issues so he gets the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":uqkkp7p2 said:
Jazzhawk":uqkkp7p2 said:
WestcoastSteve":uqkkp7p2 said:
quadsas":uqkkp7p2 said:

And everyone jumped on him for it. Carson will be fine, his track record suggest he doesn't have a serious fumbling issue.
Oh heck, I agree 100%. I love CC and he's my starting RB as far as I'm concerned.