Late fumble officially credited to Wilson for a reason.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2u8u6ofv said:
TreeRon":2u8u6ofv said:
quadsas":2u8u6ofv said:
IT WAS CARSON'S FAULTT MANNNNN, TRADE HIM TO CLEVELAND MANNN.

said a Penny fan with a diaper on

Who is Cleveland Mannn?

Not sure but Terrence Mann is a character from Field of Dreams.
Not sure either but I do know Maurice Mann was mannnnnn in preseason a few years back.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Imo the fault is entirely on Carson.
He didn't secure the football the defender did not contact him during the exchange..

Doesn't mean we should bench him but he is directly responsible for 14 of the 26 points that Pitts scored.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Carson has to be on thin ice. You can't turn the ball over. He go a short benching. If he can't hang on to the ball over the next few weeks he will see his carries diminish substantially. Penny and Prosis have plenty of talent. I can image is this was BB and the Patriots he'd be on the bench. I love CC and hope this is a fluke.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Strange play in general. Defender blew it up. But the handoff looked a little high AND Carson needs to look that ball in and make sure to secure it first. Kind of a spread of blame on the play. Unfortunate because they really could have just ran it 3 times and made Pitts use their timeouts. Would have had very little time to get two scores. Oh well, made for a fun final drive and not letting them so much as touch the ball at the end. Loved that Pete went for it on 4th down.

chris98251

Reaction score
Backs don't look handoffs in they grab the ball where is it suppose to be in their belly, they are looking at the hole they are suppose to hit to make a cut a half second after the hand off or which side of the lead blocker they will cut on.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
In the end, I am strangely pleased that the fumble occurred. The way we closed it out felt like a confidence booster.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
bestfightstory":tgx85lff said:
In the end, I am strangely pleased that the fumble occurred. The way we closed it out felt like a confidence booster.

A chance to display our resilience? Yeah, I feel a little of that.

But that could have been achieved after the first fumble, too.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":yheprj9z said:
Seymour":yheprj9z said:
hawksfansinceday1":yheprj9z said:
quadsas":yheprj9z said:
it's not bad. and don't tell me what to do, I have full right to make fun of Penny stans who think he should start over Carson. And that view is fully deserves being made fun of
Name ONE person who has said he should start over Carson.

Scientist....and there are a couple of others as well.
Perhaps I should've said "people with a clue". :D
Oooh ya don't get to move the goalposts, mate. You asked for one person, and one person was provided.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want Penny starting at this point, and I love the way Carson runs. I'm just saying that moving the goalposts is an informal logical fallacy, and false logic is the enemy of reasoned discussion.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And the defender blowing up that play had just as much to do with the fumble. But yeah, the delivery looked a little high. But hey, that would give those who like to find the negative, in a VERY good game by Wilson something to complain about :stirthepot:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2fhx8dq8 said:

OK, I get what you’re saying but wouldn’t be nice to have had them score twice more and made it a certainty early.?

Carson has historically had a fumbling problem, he needs to work with the coaches to eliminate it so that problem doesn’t cost the team dearly at a later point in the season. Whether it was RW or Carson’s blame is nothing to concern oneself about, understanding how to prevent it certainly is something that needs to be worked upon. Carson certainly ran hard in that last 4 minute series and certainly made up for the fumble even if it may not have been all on him.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":svy7rwbb said:
hawksfansinceday1":svy7rwbb said:
Seymour":svy7rwbb said:
hawksfansinceday1":svy7rwbb said:
Name ONE person who has said he should start over Carson.

Scientist....and there are a couple of others as well.
Perhaps I should've said "people with a clue". :D
Oooh ya don't get to move the goalposts, mate. You asked for one person, and one person was provided.......
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: