Late knee to Russell Wilsons head

hoxrox

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":vqg7ng1r said:
hoxrox":vqg7ng1r said:
TorontoHawk":vqg7ng1r said:
seahawks187":vqg7ng1r said:
there was that one then the one when he slid down and the guy took a shot at him.. announcers of coursed said it was clean because he got down late but IDK looked like some BS

He did slide late, nothing wrong with that one.

Doesn't matter. QBs can't be hit like that once he starts the slide.

Yes it does, if the player is in the act of a tackle and the QB slides then it is not a foul.

Ok, it looked like there was some face mask contact as well, but maybe not. RW wasn't happy with the non call.

Evil Dead

Reaction score
I think Jenkins could easily have avoided hitting Russell in the back of the head. He did it on purpose IMO. Although it looked more like he threw his elbow into his head to me. I thought it was a dirty hit the second they replayed it. I'd like to know where the ref that is supposed to watch the QB for any blows to the head or illegal hits was looking....

I recorded the hit with my phone, sorry for the quality (but you can increase it to 720p):

[youtube]SnXwyjL7gYw[/youtube]

Cartire

Reaction score
Evil Dead":2a5hk45d said:
I think Jenkins could easily have avoided hitting Russell in the back of the head. He did it on purpose IMO. Although it looked more like he threw his elbow into his head to me. I thought it was a dirty hit the second they replayed it. I'd like to know where the ref that is supposed to watch the QB for any blows to the head or illegal hits was looking....

I recorded the hit with my phone, sorry for the quality (but you can increase it to 720p):

I will admit, both times I watched it. It looked unintentional to me. However, after watching that, he obviously directs his blow towards an already down RW. Should have been flagged.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Wilson seems to get hit more than any other qb and never gets a flag.

you can't breathe on other qb's in the league

HansGruber

Reaction score
Looks like he actually tried to avoid hitting Russell but Russell fell back into him at the last second. Notice him turning his shoulder away and trying to redirect away from Russell.

But if you really wanna believe it was a dirty hit, I guess you could feel better about karma getting even with Janoris Jenkins later.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hoxrox":yrnyfl6d said:
TorontoHawk":yrnyfl6d said:
seahawks187":yrnyfl6d said:
there was that one then the one when he slid down and the guy took a shot at him.. announcers of coursed said it was clean because he got down late but IDK looked like some BS

He did slide late, nothing wrong with that one.

Doesn't matter. QBs can't be hit like that once he starts the slide.
I don't think that rule applies to the Rams (not in this game anyways)

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Barthawk":24j19pya said:
Okung pushed the DB in the direction of Russell if we are talking about the one in the pocket after he released the ball. Completely incidental and not a penalty since Okung pushed the guy into RW.
That wasn't the same play..RW slid feet first, and was hit anyways.
His protest for that hit was ignored by the assholes that were wearing the supposedly neutral Officials, who were wearing striped shirts.

RamBall

Reaction score
Wait til carolina. They are dirtier than the seahawks and never get called for it. You guys sure find a lot to complain about, considering your DBs got away with mugging WRs all season last year and for the most part still get away with it this year. You do realize football is a contact sport, if you dont like Wilson getting hit you should tell ole pete to not let him run the ball. Not sure how you expect Jenkins to avoid Wilson when he was pushed into him, and Wilson could always slide before he is about to get hit instead of waiting til the defender has already begun the act of making the tackle.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
RamBall":1038v8wc said:
Wait til carolina. They are dirtier than the seahawks and never get called for it. You guys sure find a lot to complain about, considering your DBs got away with mugging WRs all season last year and for the most part still get away with it this year. You do realize football is a contact sport, if you dont like Wilson getting hit you should tell ole pete to not let him run the ball. Not sure how you expect Jenkins to avoid Wilson when he was pushed into him, and Wilson could always slide before he is about to get hit instead of waiting til the defender has already begun the act of making the tackle.

Thanks for single-handedly setting us all straight. We will never speak ill of your cheap-shot D, or your Bounty-Gate D Coordinator again. Our bad. :pukeface:

You have one of if not THE dirtiest D in the league, but I understand the homer glasses.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
RamBall":1p681npb said:

TL;DR.

Fart.

olyfan63

Reaction score
In my opinion, neither of the two plays rose to the level of a penalty.
On the Jenkins "hit" it looks to me more like Russell could be "flagged" for a late hit on Jenkins elbow with his head. What is Jenkins supposed to do? He's just trying to get around Russell but Russell winds up falling backwards headfirst into Jenkins path. No flag there, correctly so.

On the slide, the defender initiated the tackle prior to the slide, and it really wasn't that much of a hit. No foul to call there either. When Russell runs, he's more elusive than 90% of the running backs in this league, and sometimes he does decide to lower his shoulder and run through/over DB's, or even give them a good stiff-arm. Just as the DB prepared himself for the collision and launched for the tackle, Russell slid, and the collision was a natural and non-flaggable result of the sequence of events.

If these are the worst we can find from the Rams game, they played a squeaky-clean game compared to their usual.

253hawk

Reaction score
Jenkins is shoved from the side in the shoulder and still lines Russ up square in the head long after the ball is gone, plus he's notorious for being a POS anyway. If Earl can get a 'late hit on the QB' flag for barely tapping Tannehill on the helmet with a few fingers while he's still standing upright, Jenkins should have easily drawn the same penalty on that play, but this would require a semblance of consistency on the NFL's part.

Rams are scumbags, news at 11.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Cartire":2g1j4ywt said:
Evil Dead":2g1j4ywt said:

I will admit, both times I watched it. It looked unintentional to me. However, after watching that, he obviously directs his blow towards an already down RW. Should have been flagged.

That is not the one I was referring to. The shot I remember was a clear "knee into helmet shot"

White Devil

Reaction score
Evil Dead":2xaifp2o said:

Damn that is a nasty shot. Not saying it was dirty, or even needed a flag, though I can see it going either way.

How the hell Russ was able to shake the cobwebs from that and keep playing is amazing.

Thanks for supplying the video.

olyfan63

Reaction score
253hawk":viys2m02 said:
Jenkins is shoved from the side in the shoulder and still lines Russ up square in the head long after the ball is gone, plus he's notorious for being a POS anyway. If Earl can get a 'late hit on the QB' flag for barely tapping Tannehill on the helmet with a few fingers while he's still standing upright, Jenkins should have easily drawn the same penalty on that play, but this would require a semblance of consistency on the NFL's part.

Rams are scumbags, news at 11.

The Earl "hit" on Tannehill that was flagged back in 2012 was a WTF, ridiculous joke of a call. Apparently refs trying to "help" the hometown team. We agree on the idiocy and inconsistency of NFL refs on that call.

We'll have to agree to disagree on whether the Janoris Jenkins hit on Wilson should've been flagged. Someone else mentioned that Jenkins got carted off later in the game, with an injury, thus Karma bit'ched him in any case.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I hate to be the old prude....but stop whining guys. Honsetly, I read through this thread and it reminds me of the Niners forums....."oh man they are so dirty" etc.

It's football, it is a physical sport. Teams take cheap-shots, it is part of the game. I've seen plenty of Seattle players take so-called "dirty shots" at other players.

It was one play, lets move on.

253hawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1rxic8ei said:
I hate to be the old prude....but stop whining guys. Honsetly, I read through this thread and it reminds me of the Niners forums....."oh man they are so dirty" etc.

It's football, it is a physical sport. Teams take cheap-shots, it is part of the game. I've seen plenty of Seattle players take so-called "dirty shots" at other players.

It was one play, lets move on.

Did you not see the week 17 game last year? The Rams defense completely melted down by trying to be physical and Fisher looked like he had no control and didn't even care. This was the same team, but with Gregg Bountygate Williams this time around. They had a scumbag team in Tennessee together and they're not any different now.