Least Favorite All Time Seahawk Player

toffee

Reaction score
At this moment, the least favorite all time hawks' player is a QB hasn't been signed yet: Colin Kaepernick. Multiple fans make it loud and clear that they will quit supporting the team if Pete signs KP. Who cares about winning superbowls when dude's fro is too big.

ACES 13

Reaction score
At least Rick netted us Shawn Springs after the Bears trade. I agree he was an enormous bust, but he did win 20 games for us. On a franchise the lists McGuire, Gelbaugh, and Stouffer as its one time starters, I don't think Mirer can be considered won of the worst Seahawks. Biggest disappointment? Oh heck yes and I can see what he is your least favorite.
After a relatively successful rookie season, Mirer regressed the next couple yrs. due to playing on a horrible team with a very poor O line...IMO. He did manage to hang around the league as a B/U until 1994.
Edit: (2004)

Rick Mirer :

Mirer was selected with the second overall pick in the 1993 draft by the Seattle Seahawks. He signed a five-year, $15 million contract. In his rookie year under head coach Tom Flores, he set all-time NFL rookie records for attempts, completions and yards, and became only the 3rd rookie quarterback since 1970 to start all of his team's games. He finished his rookie season 5th in the AFC with 274 completions and 2833 yards. He was also runner up in the offensive rookie of the year voting, finishing behind his former backfield teammate from Notre Dame, Jerome Bettis. Those rookie records were eventually broken by Peyton Manning.
From Wiki

billyberu

Reaction score
Harvin hands down. He was a cancer on the team.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
I've only been a fan since the mid 80's, and without a doubt it can only be Percy Harvin. What the team gave up to get him, and what he gave back to the team is sickening. He gave the team one good catch on third down at home against the Vikings, and one good return at SB48. He cost he team a 1st, and 7th in 2013, and a 3rd in 2014. It became obvious he wanted to be showcased in a system where Lynch and Wilson were primary resources and not him. Hence the locker room cancer speculation, and soon after trade to the Jets.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Seymour":2padfvmv said:
Right now, I'll go with Percy Harvin. No better way to put it other than the guy is just a turd. We are still seeing his effects here IMO, and he pretty much raped the team of $$ from the day he got here then rode it out till his Vikings got here then the SB. "All About me" :pukeface:

:ditto:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Seafan":2xvupqop said:
Whitless and it's not close. He led Paul Allen astray on two franchises. Worthless.

#2 would be Flores.
Above Ken "Let's move the team to LA" Behring?

Sure Whitless was evil incarnate, but Behring has to take that cake. In addition to the LA move, he brought us the "dumb and dumber" pairing of Dennis "Does anyone know hoe to coach without stacking the roster?" Erickson and Randy "Salary cap - what's that?" Mueller.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1s8fz9ip said:
Sgt. Largent":1s8fz9ip said:
Bosworth

I can't ever remember being more excited for a player that was turned out to be such a colossal bust than Boz. Compounded by the fact that all he did while he was here was talk smack and whore his brand.

I guess I understand "bust" as in only got to play two seasons and his mouth could be tiresome at times. Guy had some bad injuries and he just couldn't cash checks his mouth was writing anymore. That said, the 2 years he did play, he was a very good NFL linebacker. While his longevity was disappointing, his play was not. Wanted to back it up with stats but you cannot find one damn stat on him except his 4 sacks so I will have to stick with personal empirical evidence.

One of his contemporaries, Matt Millen, defended Bosworth, saying that he remembers an excellent linebacker who simply had injuries catch up to him.1

Bosworth was forced to retire after only two seasons in 1989, having suffered a shoulder injury in the 1988 season. Team Doctor Pierce E. Scranton Jr. explained that "Brian was a twenty-five-year-old with the shoulders of a sixty-year-old. He flunked my physical." In 1993 Bosworth prevailed in a $7M lawsuit against Lloyd's of London. Lloyd's position was that Bosworth's shoulder was injured as result of degenerative arthritis which was not covered in his policy. Bosworth maintained his injury was sustained during a single hit. 1

1 Wikipedia

If you take into account expectations of luck handing us the best LB in college football through the supplemental draft and all the hopes and dreams of a bigtime star coming to Seattle to help us win? Then what Bosworth did was a bust to me. Not even close to the expectations of a 10-12 year run as one of the best LB's in football.

btw, all his injuries were self induced through steroid abuse. So hard to give the guy a pass on that.

AgentDib

Reaction score
What do you guys have against Housh? 900+ yards wasn't bad considering our overall record and that he was catching passes from Seneca Wallace part of the time. There was a late road game (@Packers?) where he was open like half of the game but Hass kept throwing it 10 yards behind him and getting picked off. He didn't work for us but least favorite all time player is quite a stretch unless he killed your dog or something.

Ken Behring is the correct answer to any possible Least Favorite question as his greed and evil transcended all bounds.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":2xptazsk said:
What do you guys have against Housh? 900+ yards wasn't bad considering our overall record and that he was catching passes from Seneca Wallace part of the time. There was a late road game (@Packers?) where he was open like half of the game but Hass kept throwing it 10 yards behind him and getting picked off. He didn't work for us but least favorite all time player is quite a stretch unless he killed your dog or something.

Ken Behring is the correct answer to any possible Least Favorite question as his greed and evil transcended all bounds.

Ken Behring was never a Seahawk player and is therefor an incorrect answer.....The reason I specified Seahawk players was to make it more of an interesting and debatable question. If it was open to owners, Behring would be the near unanimous answer

sdog1981

Reaction score
All the WR/TE on the 2004 team. They held the team hostage by dropping passes on 3rd down.

RVA_311

Reaction score
Almost has to be Kelly Jennings. That couple year stretch with him starting was painful to watch. You just knew week in and week out that whoever he was covering that week would be the top WR pickup on the fantasy football waiver wires nationwide, and for good reason! If I recall correctly we traded him to cincy for Clinton McDonald, who was solid during the super bowl run...so there's that haha.

OKHawksfan

Reaction score
Jerry Rice. I am sorry, this was Largent's team and you just don't even ask to wear 80 in a Seahawks' uni...don't care who you are. Of course, Largent showed class in okaying it, but Rice shouldn't have worn it.

Percy Harvin. 'Nuf said.

Hutchinson.

Jerramy Stevens.

Rat

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3d3nnidn said:
Etric Pruitt.

Pruitt sucked, there's no way around that, but he really shouldn't have been in that position in the Super Bowl. I'm more mad at Ken Hamlin, whose idiocy got us into that mess.