LeBron or Jordan?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DenHVftW0AAnqc5.jpg:small

randomation

Reaction score
Bron also he stopped OKC from winning a title and likely becoming a dynasty when they had Harden KD and WB.

chris98251

Reaction score
LOL LeBra complaining he had a owie now, be a man Willis Reed played the finals with a broken leg.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1vj49vrw said:
LOL LeBra complaining he had a owie now, be a man Willis Reed played the finals with a broken leg.
That hand was of his own doing-Punching a chalk board..
That was stupid.The experts all said he just quit and the rest of the
team followed their leader.
That is something you never saw from Jordan at all(just quitting)
when things got tough.
6 Championships with zero losses says it all.. :2thumbs:

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Jordan was the ultimate competitor. In some ways Lebron is more talented, but he ain’t Jordan.

Now, if he goes to a team in the cellars, like the Lakers as rumored, and somehow wins a championship there against the likes of Golden State, Houston, Boston, Philadelphia, etc. then maybe he gets back in the conversation. Right now, it’s not a convo. It’s a monologue about His Airness.

Tical21

Reaction score
It's Jordan, and not really close. LeBron has lost 6 finals now. Two of the three he won were with a so-called "Super Team."

Everybody points to all the numbers LeBron puts up. How he has all these assists to go along with his points. But he gets the benefit of playing isolation basketball, in an era where teams will switch screens. So he gets to play isolation basketball against the other team's center or point guard. Can you image the kind of numbers Jordan would've put up if he got to have the ball in his hands every time up the court against a mismatch? Instead, he played within the triangle.

Jordan was a helluva passer (although admittedly not to LeBron's level). He just didn't have the ball in his hands nearly as often. He was a better defender than LeBron, but mostly, the big difference is that he was an ice-cold assassin. Where LeBron does his passive-aggressive act when other players wrong him, Jordan cuts throats. He played with a chip on his shoulder his entire career that LeBron wasn't able to replicate.

I think most people that were too young to really see Michael in his prime tend to vote for LeBron in this argument, while those that saw both tend to lean towards Jordan.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
You guys can argue about athleticism and stuff, but Jordan was the KING of basketball back when he played. It feels like LeBron has never been and never will be on that same level of fame and domination as Jordan. ^ I like the argument about Jordan being more competitive. That's definitely a huge aspect of it, and what I've noticed in comparing the two players.

In regards to arguments about sticking Lebron in Jordan's era and dominating because of comparing straight-up athleticism, you really don't get to do that. If Lebron had lived in Jordan's era, his training and equipment and nutrition and all that would have been equal to what Jordan had received, and vice versa if Jordan had been born in the mid 1980s instead of the 1960s. In other words, you can't have your cake and eat it too with this argument.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Jordan made those around him better. LeBron isn't that type of player. He definitely can carry a team but really have the players around him gotten better? No. Of course Jordan had more talent around him too. However a lot of that was due to Jordan being the leader to push the guys to be better. LeBron is not that type of leader. Doesn't mean he isn't the best player in the NBA currently. He definitely is.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I'm not buying that LeBron doesn't make his teammates better. LeBron just came off a season where he averaged 9 assists, and has averaged 7 assists in his career, Jordan only averaged 5 assists per game in his career. Obviously assists isn't the lone stat to look at for making your teammates better, but it says a lot. Anyone who has watched LeBron knows he makes his teammates better.

To be honest, the whole Jordan-LeBron debate is dumb. They are both great in their own ways and plaeyd in two different eras. MJ will be remembered for dominating the 80's and 90's, LeBron will be remembered for dominating the 2000's and 2010's. This entire debate is nothing more than a media talking point, both are great.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3hctfyt3 said:
Jordan made those around him better. LeBron isn't that type of player. He definitely can carry a team but really have the players around him gotten better? No. Of course Jordan had more talent around him too. However a lot of that was due to Jordan being the leader to push the guys to be better. LeBron is not that type of leader. Doesn't mean he isn't the best player in the NBA currently. He definitely is.
Lebron has had plenty of talent in his Miami days and 2nd Cav go around..
It's the ability to make the talent work together and lead(elevate) which seperates the two.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Aside from LeBron, Lakers are looking like a real shit show. No Paul George. No Chris Paul. No Demarcus Cousins (LOL). Now they're talking about giving Clint Capela a max deal, so that Houston won't match it. Julius Randle was one of their two best players the last three seasons, and they let him go for nothing. They're still paying Luol Deng $18 million to sit on the bench. They added a couple combustible personalities in Rondo and Lance, plus McGee is a bit of a headcase. Lonzo is slow, has bad knees, and can't hit the broadside of a barn -- his 45.1% on free throws is significantly worse than Shaq's career average at the line. They currently have zero shooters on that roster, other than maybe Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, but that's probably being generous. Ingram and Kuzma are promising young players, but they play the same positions as LeBron. Both of those guys could be on the trade block.

sdog1981

Reaction score
After the finals, it is over. Jordan is number one and now Lebron is fighting with Magic/Brid/Russell for number two on the list. He is a product of his era, I have a feeling if he had played during the Jordan era he would be a better player. Teams would have told him no and teams would have told him to shut up and play with the players we find for you. Jordan would have been awful if he was a GM/Player during his days and era.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":3dx72p82 said:
After the finals, it is over. Jordan is number one and now Lebron is fighting with Magic/Brid/Russell for number two on the list. He is a product of his era, I have a feeling if he had played during the Jordan era he would be a better player. Teams would have told him no and teams would have told him to shut up and play with the players we find for you. Jordan would have been awful if he was a GM/Player during his days and era.
GM Jordan has proven to suck as shown with the Wizards..
I'm not sure if he GM's on the Hornets besides being the owmer
but they suck too..
On the Bulls if he didn't want the player..They were gone
He actually was asked if he wanted Rodman before the Bulls took him.
Jordan was the coach on the court and that glare would say it all.
As for era Jordan would be great in any era without a doubt.
LJ?there are things he would not be getting away with in MJ's era
He would still be good but I doubt it would be like in present times..
Hard fouls,Trap defenses,better defensive players and a big center
so you won't just go up there for free..
The traveling and double dribbles he does would be enforced a lot
more..
The era's and players are not the same and both play different
positions so we can disagree all day long but I have been watching
since the mid 70's so I like to believe I have seen enough to form
a good opinion..The NBA has to change the rules around so much
that todays game is so cupcake..More teams and more so called
superstars but thats what they want because if you buy in that is
easy money for them.

chris98251

Reaction score
I have never heard La Bra make the all defensive team, Jordon did. La Bra could not handle hand checking, put a Maurice Lucas, Lonnie Sheldon, Leonard Gray, Paul Silas, or a Rodman on La Bra and he would be beside himself and frustrated and take himself out of the game, Jordon would get pissed and find a way to take away the physical advantage with the outside shot or quickness.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
chris98251":xob56ij8 said:
I have never heard La Bra make the all defensive team, Jordon did. La Bra could not handle hand checking, put a Maurice Lucas, Lonnie Sheldon, Leonard Gray, Paul Silas, or a Rodman on La Bra and he would be beside himself and frustrated and take himself out of the game, Jordon would get pissed and find a way to take away the physical advantage with the outside shot or quickness.

LeBron has actually made the NBA First Team All Defensive Team five times in his career.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":y1uq6is7 said:
chris98251":y1uq6is7 said:

LeBron has actually made the NBA First Team All Defensive Team five times in his career.

Well there ya go, never seen a highlight of him making a great defensive play of anyone talk about his defense.

I stand corrected on that front. The rest well lets just say He is like Graham and would avoid crossing patterns in the paint with the guys and others like I stated above.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2kbk54h8 said:
Hawk-Lock":2kbk54h8 said:
chris98251":2kbk54h8 said:

Well there ya go, never seen a highlight of him making a great defensive play of anyone talk about his defense.

I stand corrected on that front. The rest well lets just say He is like Graham and would avoid crossing patterns in the paint with the guys and others like I stated above.
5 times out of 15 years?I bet most was in his first 8 yrs..
I have seen him make a couple nice blocks from behind when someone is doing
a layup..In an era when most players are not even trying to play D it makes
someone who does try look like a first team all D.