Let's all just have a bit of perspective...

kmeleon

Reaction score
For all those that are ready to throw in the towel before the playoffs even begin or just complaining in general.

This could be our QB, our team... (watch the twitter video)

https://sports.yahoo.com/baker-mayf...s-awful-season-gets-even-worse-004202756.html

I for one am thankful for being where we are. I'll take what we have going on any day over that dumpster fire.

Let's let it all hang out in the playoffs and see what we can do!

GO HAWKS!

sutz

Reaction score
This was actually supposed to be a "rebuilding year," and 11-5 and in the playoffs ain't too bad considering all the changes we made last off season or two. Our defensive backfield in particular is full of young guys just coming into their own, which is why Diggs provided such a jolt of success for us. Also, Clowney was a great add to our DL room.

We really got shelled with injuries late in the season, unlike SF who suffered some key injuries earlier in the season and have been getting guys back in the 2d half. It's not just about who gets injured, it matters when, too.

I'm generally a glass half full kind of guy, so I'm OK with our situation. I would have preferred a home playoff game, of course, but just getting into the dance is pretty nice for a rebuilding year. I'm thinking next year is stacking up to be pretty exciting.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
What's gotta be chapping their hides is seeing Baker lose, then seeing Baker all over those insurance commercials.

Those commercials are more embarrassing.

The line about "67K people showing up" for the bathroom? Not even opposing fans want to show up at that stadium as there is absolutely nothing to do in Cleveland. Even with nothing to do, I doubt their home fans showed up just to poo in Baker's stall.

OP
OP
K

kmeleon

Reaction score
sutz":2jkb14mg said:
This was actually supposed to be a "rebuilding year," and 11-5 and in the playoffs ain't too bad considering all the changes we made last off season or two. Our defensive backfield in particular is full of young guys just coming into their own, which is why Diggs provided such a jolt of success for us. Also, Clowney was a great add to our DL room.

We really got shelled with injuries late in the season, unlike SF who suffered some key injuries earlier in the season and have been getting guys back in the 2d half. It's not just about who gets injured, it matters when, too.

I'm generally a glass half full kind of guy, so I'm OK with our situation. I would have preferred a home playoff game, of course, but just getting into the dance is pretty nice for a rebuilding year. I'm thinking next year is stacking up to be pretty exciting.

"Rebuilding Year" - Absolutely, let's not forget that. NOBODY picked this team to finish 11-5 before the season. We have some work to do in the offseason but we SHOULD absolutely make a harder push next year to get back to the SB.

Good post!

OP
OP
K

kmeleon

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3pysuf2t said:
What's gotta be chapping their hides is seeing Baker lose, then seeing Baker all over those insurance commercials.

The line about "67K people showing up" for the bathroom? Not even opposing fans want to show up at that stadium as there is absolutely nothing to do in Cleveland. Even with nothing to do, I doubt their home fans showed up just to poo in Baker's stall.

Those commercials are the best thing he's done in this league :D . They're clever, just a shame he's so bad :stirthepot:

sutz

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":183mqy1t said:

Yeah, those ads are pretty lame. Notice they used the ladies room? Men's room would have about half that many stalls and a couple of troughs. What's up with that?

2_0_6

Reaction score
As I was laying in bed last night I thought, damn how lucky are we as a fan base and city to have seen and enjoyed this run we have been on with Pete and Co.

We are spoiled, and the envy of many many franchises. Enjoy the ride and don't take it for granted, that franchise that plays at TMobile park would give their front teeth for a fraction of this success.

seedhawk

Reaction score
For perspective, consider this. Cumulative records of top 3 NFC seeds.

Team Opponents wins opponents losses ties

GB 107 147 2

SF 128 126 2

NO 124 131 1

Hawks 135 119 2

Sure looks to me like we had a tougher road than others, and we still go 11-5. Not that shabby.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Obviously I was rooting for a win last night, but going to Philly who has even more injuries than us is about the best case consolation playoff scenario you could ask for.

If we can get Diggs back I love our chances doing some damage in the playoffs. I was encouraged with how the offense looked in the 2nd half last night. I think Russell and Schotty figured out how to use Homer and Lynch going forward.

xray

Reaction score
If I were a Hawks player; especially a veteran player ; I most likely would be very leery about the coaching staff at this point . SNAFU is happening far too often .

OP
OP
K

kmeleon

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2a2cmbhu said:
If we can get Diggs back I love our chances doing some damage in the playoffs. I was encouraged with how the offense looked in the 2nd half last night. I think Russell and Schotty figured out how to use Homer and Lynch going forward.

PC said after the game he's pretty sure Diggs will be able to go next week. Lord I hope so, we're a different D with him out there.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Oddly enough, I thought we'd win about 11 games and have an outside shot at the division title. I had no idea the season would have gone the way it ended up going though. In the end we are where I expected, but I did alter my expectations later in the season, so there is some disappointment. Injuries after our bye week have really decimated us. I wish we were going into the playoffs a healthier team, but we are in the playoffs and I'm going to enjoy it however long it lasts.

D

DomeHawk

The "perspective" is that we are trending down at precisely the time we need to be trending up AND our coaching staff is making monumental errors.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
xray":3rf70mpk said:
If I were a Hawks player; especially a veteran player ; I most likely would be very leery about the coaching staff at this point . SNAFU is happening far too often .

Have you thought about eating more fiber? :mrgreen:

Latest posts