Let's Start Kearse Over Sydney Rice

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
DavidSeven":zu217rl3 said:
Typical overreaction thread. There's a reason Rice is covered by the opposition's #1 DB every game.

Rice has been disappointing but come on Kearse over Rice? If Kearse was our best WR wouldn't he be playing more. Rice will be cut after the season if he doesn't produce but I don't think it's for lack of effort.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
If I told you Rice is making TEN TIMES the salary of either Tate, Baldwin or Kearse, would you still defend him?

We need Harvin to come back and produce.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Happypuppy":23nc1tdp said:
He was doubled last year as well. He is rounding off his cuts and seems slower. Maybe put in Kearse and give him a shot in the slot

A valid point....I agree that Rice is a "step slower" this year. He is unable to get ANY separation from the DB's.

Axx

Reaction score
lets trade Rice + 1st round pick for Dez Bryant

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
This thread is ridiculous when not including real talk about our QBs passing game.
Back to talking about the refs then?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":yeuymeqt said:
This thread is ridiculous when not including real talk about our QBs passing game.
Back to talking about the refs then?

ok... our QB put up the same stats as theirs did. How's that?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
nIdahoSeahawk":1t6o30yj said:
I'm all for giving him more playing time, but Sidney is definitely our #1. He's been seeing double coverage the whole season, which is what has held his numbers down. That's fine, it opens up the other guys. Watch his numbers improve when Harvin debuts

How do you know this?

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3gu2ify5 said:
ok... our QB put up the same stats as theirs did. How's that?

Please see: final score
Then review our 3rd down conversions.

Look, im just saying it's time to get away from relying on FGs and our D for points. And i dont like seeing a player like Lynch for example busting it all at 100% each play, only to have QB pass play like this.
* And please, just save it with the garbage "he was running for his life" Oline disparagement. It's more fantasy than fact today, much like blaming it all on today's officiating

His reads were slow to nonexistent at times, 85% of his throws were soaring or wide today. I love the footwork but that's just not enough. This team's ready, the time is now for RW to pick it up and work on ball delivery with his corps.

Positive news? I bet even he agrees with these truths and will set the tone of resolve (that is why I like RW). But today? No, RW ticked me off, that team was beatable and his poor passing game turned TDs into FGs/stalls.
He gets NO pass from me.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Kearse has earned at the least more playing time and Rice has earned a reduction in his time at the least.

lukerguy

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3jofpxqm said:
Typical overreaction thread. There's a reason Rice is covered by the opposition's #1 DB every game.

Why? Because he has to cover someone and we don't have a legit #1 WR with Harvin out? oh yea..

SonicHawk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2h1zccw6 said:
DavidSeven":2h1zccw6 said:

This is an over reaction thread but all #1 receivers get covered by the #1 CB and yet somehow still put up #1 receiver numbers.

Tell that to Dwayne Bowe.

I'm all for giving someone else a chance at #1. Rice hasn't done enough to keep that spot and he's not a good post-route runner IMO. He doesn't find ways to get open.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Maybe Kearse should step up and take the job from him?

No handouts on this team.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I'm not sure which smiley to use for this thread.

THIS: :240039:

THIS: :waah:

THIS: :34853_doh:

Or THIS: :229031_banghead:

I suppose they're all apt. But really... Bandwagoners please shut up. We lost a game. Teams lose games every year. With the exception of one really obnoxious team, every Super Bowl winner loses at least one game. So just chill. ...chill? I suppose I could use this one too:

:229031_chillpill:

But that might make me :throwup:

so I'm just going to :zzzzz:

lukerguy

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":14a9qn3x said:
Axx":14a9qn3x said:
lets trade Rice + 1st round pick for Dez Bryant

Ya, and trade a 2nd rounder for Suh.

This isn't madden bro.

Exactly. Rice is essentially worthless because of what we pay him. Any other team in the league could have paid Sidney what we're paying him and got him. If he was young and making 2MM per years, then yes he has value. However, at his cap hit, he doesn't have any value.

So basically you're asking for the best young WR in the league for a late 1st.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
CANHawk":1jd6rrpr said:
I'm not sure which smiley to use for this thread.

THIS: :240039:

THIS: :waah:

THIS: :34853_doh:

Or THIS: :229031_banghead:

I suppose they're all apt. But really... Bandwagoners please shut up. We lost a game. Teams lose games every year. With the exception of one really obnoxious team, every Super Bowl winner loses at least one game. So just chill. ...chill? I suppose I could use this one too:

:229031_chillpill:

But that might make me :throwup:

so I'm just going to :zzzzz:

We ran 40+ pass plays yesterday, RW scrambled on about 10 of them leaving him with 31 passes thrown. Sid caught 1 pass for 8 yds, giving him a total of 10 catches for the season, tied with fellow WRs Roddy White and Santonio Holmes...and Kevin Ogletree . This isn't just a reaction to yesterday's game. Rice isn't a quality WR at this point. There are literally 77 WRs in this league with more catches than Sidney Rice, 2 are Seahawks. Kearse has as many TD's and nearly half the catches as Rice in 1/5th the targets. Kearse: 4/5 Rice 10/24, both with 2 TDs.

Jacksonville's (temp) WR1 caught 8 balls for 150 against Seattle. With Chad Henne at QB. Seattle's best numbers for a WR are 7-for-91 against Carolina. Doug Baldwin.

Any way you want to discuss our production from the WR position, relative to our own guys or against the league, there isn't a justification for keeping Sidney at the position once Percy comes back, period.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Happypuppy":vxy6p95q said:
He was doubled last year as well. He is rounding off his cuts and seems slower. Maybe put in Kearse and give him a shot in the slot

I agree. I also saw him limping a bit after several plays. I think he knee problems are worse than advertised.

The good news is that this makes it a ton easier to figure out where we're going to save our money next year. We seriously need to keep Bennett.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I would be surprised if Rice isnt producing consistently by week 8-9, right around the time Harvin is in the mix. Rice is not worth the money, but he isn't going to hurt us down the road.

I just don't think he would be playing if there were any real issues. This staff makes a lot of good decisions and is constantly working the roster.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
FWIW, Kearse was on the field for 25/69 offensive snaps at Indy. He's putting his work on tape, and if the coaches think he's earning more snaps, then he'll get them. Simple as that. He's already come a long way from last year. Nothing, however, is handed to anyone on this team.

The things you guys are saying about Sidney now are the same things you were all saying about Baldwin last year. And now we're crowning Doug as the clutchest receiver on the team (rightfully so). My point: how about let's not bury a guy who was our best WR last year just because he hasn't gotten numbers through five games.

My two cents.